ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting tweet from Dean Blevins...

Dean Blevins
@DeanBlevins

·
17m

Truth dribbling out. The timing of USC contact w/Riley reps, a wasted, disorganized & seemingly rudderless underachieving season, w/now conflicting statements about USC timing, makes it clear: W/out a shadow of doubt, #Sooners could've begun head coach search early Sept.
@news9

Saw Riley on the Scott Van Pelt show last night.
When asked how the SC job offer came about Riley said he got the call after the Bedlam game. BS!

Dean Blevins
@DeanBlevins

·
17m

Truth dribbling out. The timing of USC contact w/Riley reps, a wasted, disorganized & seemingly rudderless underachieving season, w/now conflicting statements about USC timing, makes it clear: W/out a shadow of doubt, #Sooners could've begun head coach search early Sept.
@news9
Appreciate the update...not a surprise. When it all comes out, and it will, LR will look horribly bad.

So he got the call, what Sunday morning. had a discussion with his wife about moving the family halfway across the country, and came to a decision all within 12 hours.

He probably did get a call but it was not a job offer, that was already done way back. The call was likely about details of when it would be announced and gave him time to tell his bosses and players that he was leaving.

FFePWetXwAAKCSI

Riley likes to play the semantic game. Remember how he was always lying about who was going to be the QB and some on here gave him a pass on it and chalked it up to gamesmanship? This guy is an untrustworthy arrogant little punk. Glad he is gone

Reactions: Patriotgame
At some point the whole truth will come out and expose LR for who he really is. For now, we have to hope whoever the new coach is going to be can come in and salvage the damage done by Riley. I know I have faith in Joe C to make the right hire.

I don’t have a problem with a guy wanting to go a different way for something that he feels is better for him long term. But I hate it when it turns into a dishonest betrayal. And that’s exactly what this was all about. The University, staff, players and fans deserved better. Common courtesy is all that would have been necessary but evidently Riley wasn’t capable or didn’t give a damn.

I don’t have a problem with a guy wanting to go a different way for something that he feels is better for him long term. But I hate it when it turns into a dishonest betrayal. And that’s exactly what this was all about. The University, staff, players and fans deserved better. Common courtesy is all that would have been necessary but evidently Riley wasn’t capable or didn’t give a damn.

Entitled

Reactions: Belldozer1
Saw Riley on the Scott Van Pelt show last night.
When asked how the SC job offer came about Riley said he got the call after the Bedlam game. BS!
plausible deniability is a coaching artform, normally associated with recruiting. however, in this case, riley was talking to usc, likely for months, through his agent without ever speaking to them in person. like with the "i'm not going to lsu" comment, he wasn't telling a lie.

plausible deniability is a coaching artform, normally associated with recruiting. however, in this case, riley was talking to usc, likely for months, through his agent without ever speaking to them in person. like with the "i'm not going to lsu" comment, he wasn't telling a lie.
I wonder what answer he would have given if someone asked him....

"Coach will you be at OU next year"?

The call Riley got after the Bedlam Game was definitely from USC, but only to let him know the plane was ready. Good riddance to the douchbag.

It was reported somewhere that a player asked that in the meeting before Bedlam game. He told them not to worry about that, to focus on the game that they had everything in front of them to play for.
ya someone posted that on here and I thought it was probably just made up. Guess it must have been true. I also heard that Bonito called him a liar during the meeting where he informed he that he was leaving.

And called and convinced 5 staffers to make the same life altering decision about their families. All within a matter of about 10 hours. Yeah, riiiight.
This times 1,000. There's zero chance that happens in Riley's BS responses. Riley's been working with USC for a while. Clarke Stroud going with Riley tells me everything I need to know about how this went down.

And called and convinced 5 staffers to make the same life altering decision about their families. All within a matter of about 10 hours. Yeah, riiiight.
His agent would be keeping him updated on all the openings as he should as his representative. They've (his wife and him) probably talk about every big job and/or had a list (idea) of where they would go if the job was open and the money right. When you've made 28MM by 38, you have plenty of options. His moving is nothing like us. He has done it throughout his career. It is part of the job. As for the assistants, you go where you have a job. If they stay behind, they may not have a job in 30 days.

Few, if any, on this board would turn down a similar bump in pay and all the perks. IN the end, I hate the landscape and trajectory CF is on but LR lived up to his contract and will have to pay OU 4.5MM to move on. OU should have made that buyout higher. Also, if he doesn't want to coach at OU why would you want him?

His agent would be keeping him updated on all the openings as he should as his representative. They've (his wife and him) probably talk about every big job and/or had a list (idea) of where they would go if the job was open and the money right. When you've made 28MM by 38, you have plenty of options. His moving is nothing like us. He has done it throughout his career. It is part of the job. As for the assistants, you go where you have a job. If they stay behind, they may not have a job in 30 days.

Few, if any, on this board would turn down a similar bump in pay and all the perks. IN the end, I hate the landscape and trajectory CF is on but LR lived up to his contract and will have to pay OU 4.5MM to move on. OU should have made that buyout higher. Also, if he doesn't want to coach at OU why would you want him?
You missed the point. He said he had his first contact Saturday night late. He made a decision to move his wife and kids to LA 10 hours after having first contact with USC. Unlikely.
Then, he had time during that 10 hours to contact five of his staff, present them with the deal. They then discussed with their families and decided to make the same move. Even more unlikely.

This move has been in the works for weeks and Riley is lying through his teeth about it.
The issue is, he doesn't have to lie, but he is. Why not just say no comment? Instead he chose to lie. What's funny is most people believe he is lying, but a USC person is the one who mentioned the weeks that Riley has been talking to USC.
Funny how a truck full of money will bring out the real personality of someone. His true colors are showing and they are not Crimson and Cream nor Garnett and Gold. They are the color of money.

Good points but would Lincoln have had any of his opportunities if it weren't for Bob and OU.
Would he be pulling in the money he has made at OU and will make at $C? His rise has been very fast because of Bob and OU so the little jerk should have showed some common decency and respect.
I seriously doubt he would be a HC by now if not for Bob. OC at a big name school perhaps and perhaps a HC at a Middle of the Road Program but not anywhere like where he is now and in so short an amount of time.

Pay me 8 mil to Coach OU and I would never leave.

And one thing I have been meaning to ask.
Riley has said since he took his new job that u$c is serious and commited to winning.
Its been mentioned on this board before that OU doesn't seem to be serious enough about winning National Titles. So is Riley hinting at something there or not there about OU's commitment in that area?
He said it a few times so most likely it was just a script he stuck to but I wonder.

Last edited:
Good points but would Lincoln have had any of his opportunities if it weren't for Bob and OU.
Would he be pulling in the money he has made at OU and will make at $C? His rise has been very fast because of Bob and OU so the little jerk should have showed some common decency and respect.
I seriously doubt he would be a HC by now if not for Bob. OC at a big name school perhaps and perhaps a HC at a Middle of the Road Program but not anywhere like where is now and in so short an amount of time.

Pay me 8 mil to Coach OU and I would never leave.

And one thing I have been meaning to ask.
Riley has said since he took his new job that u$c is serious and commited to winning.
Its been mentioned on this board before that OU doesn't seem to be serious enough about winning National Titles. So is Riley hinting at something there or not there about OU's commitment in that area?
He said it a few times so most likely it was just a script he stuck too but I wonder.
This: good post.

Honest question: Did USC fire Helton because they knew they could/would get Riley? Or did they seek Riley after they decided to fire Helton?

Reactions: Belldozer1
You really don’t think that the coaches and coordinators that left with Riley didn’t know all about this well before Sunday? Guys like Grinch, Simmons, Wylie and Stroud knew all about this move the entire time. Imagine Big Game Bob was kept up to date the entire time as well. Highly doubt Bob Stoops just decided last minute to attend the team meeting that introduced him as the Interim HC. You can be pissed all you want but there was plenty of info within the AD that pointed to Lincoln leaving. Most refused to believe it.

At least Riley met with the entire team in person versus acting like Brian Kelly did.

You really don’t think that the coaches and coordinators that left with Riley didn’t know all about this well before Sunday? Guys like Grinch, Simmons, Wylie and Stroud knew all about this move the entire time. Imagine Big Game Bob was kept up to date the entire time as well. Highly doubt Bob Stoops just decided last minute to attend the team meeting that introduced him as the Interim HC. You can be pissed all you want but there was plenty of info within the AD that pointed to Lincoln leaving. Most refused to believe it.

At least Riley met with the entire team in person versus acting like Brian Kelly did.
He met with the team after Bob basically made him do it. From all reports, it didn't go well.

I don't for one minute believe Bob knew no way no how.
He was called and Joe C told him after Lincoln told Joe. Bob was playing golf.
Joe C and Bob both look hurt and pissed at the same time, Bob more pissed than hurt.
He wouldn't elaborate on what he said to Riley before the team meeting, he said that was between him and Riley. I bet it wasn't pretty either.
Fastforward to the 14 minute mark.

I don't for one minute believe Bob knew no way no how.
He was called and Joe C told him after Lincoln told Joe. Bob was playing golf.
Joe C and Bob both look hurt and pissed at the same time, Bob more pissed than hurt.
He wouldn't elaborate on what he said to Riley before the team meeting, he said that was between him and Riley. I bet it wasn't pretty either.
Fastforward to the 14 minute mark.

I heard Joe, Bob and Bob's successor were outside the meeting room and Riley got ready to leave, expecting Joe and Bob to let the players know. Bob used a couple expletives and told Riley he had to go in and tell them. "Get your f&*^%ng a%^ in there and tell them your self".

At least Riley met with the entire team in person versus acting like Brian Kelly d

I heard Joe, Bob and Bob's successor were outside the meeting room and Riley got ready to leave, expecting Joe and Bob to let the players know. Bob used a couple expletives and told Riley he had to go in and tell them. "Get your f&*^%ng a%^ in there and tell them your self".
We must have same source cause I heard exact same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT