ADVERTISEMENT

IF we win it all this year....

Does Bob walk away on top? He just seems to me like a drop the mic type. haha!

No no no, Bob is resourceful and cunning enough to try for the twofer.

One, it would be something that only the King and few others have accomplished, and when the King did it was much easier.

Nope, if we win it all Bobs natural high will last well into 2016...then he'll strap up and try it again.

(besides, I think he gets a bonus of around a quarter million for winning the Title, not that he cares about it that much...the money that is)

Last edited:
Bob should be set for life and leaving on top would be smart, but I think he is too young to get out of college coaching right now.....unless he is itching to try something else. Bud left too early IMO but he had a different path he wanted to go. It didn't work out, but he more than made up for failing as a politician only to become a great TV sports celebrity. I don't see Bob ever doing what Mack Brown has done after coaching. He doesn't seem comfortable in front of a camera and can't say much of anything without using "you know" at least twice. Bob will probably surprise most of us fans when he leaves OU and afterward as well.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
With Baker, Perine, and Mixon in the Bank, Bob will not walk away from Payday, IMO...For someone with his personality, it has to be frustrating that he hasn't matched Bud and Barry's Back-to-Back Championships. I'd say this is 'IT'...His Best Opportunity to secure His Place in OU's Legendary Sooner History...

With Baker, Perine, and Mixon in the Bank, Bob will not walk away from Payday, IMO...For someone with his personality, it has to be frustrating that he hasn't matched Bud and Barry's Back-to-Back Championships. I'd say this is 'IT'...His Best Opportunity to secure His Place in OU's Legendary Sooner History...

Right AGAIN, Senior. Bob will be losing several key players this year but if he doesn't lose too many early to the NFL kids, next year may be really good again. Mayfield and the two great backs should be the best backfield in college football in 2016.

I wouldn't blame him if he did, thumbing his nose at those who said ridiculous things about him.

But I don't expect it.
And you shouldn't expect it.
Confusing legitimate concerns that have been expressed about this team with those of a scant few who have ever advocated dismissal of Coach Stoops is ridiculous. But that is your claim to fame here. It seems to keep you going on and on.
The concerns and criticisms of the OU program prior to this year were, to a large degree, legitimate and it likely played a part in Stoops overhauling his coaching staff with hungrier, more focused and flat out better coaches.

I wouldn't blame him if he did, thumbing his nose at those who said ridiculous things about him.

But I don't expect it.

You give him absolutely none of the credit that he deserves. He's much more smarter than you.

Last edited:
Plaino you have made so many ridiculous comments about coaches, players, etc. I have lost count. You have said coaches don't matter, then you say we had the best staff in the country, then half of those guys were fired, then you make up stuff like in your earlier post. Well and on and on and on lol. Just stop

Reactions: BillyRay
All I know is that when the A Hole from The Tulsa World harrasses Bob, because he knows about as much as you pilers do, you guys think he's doing the right thing. And I promise, he acts like he'd like to run Bob out of town. I don't know how to look up six month old posts and I wouldn't spend the effort if I did.

But you guys are still the bad guy rasslers. You never say anything negative. Except when you do.

All I know is that when the A Hole from The Tulsa World harrasses Bob, because he knows about as much as you pilers do, you guys think he's doing the right thing. And I promise, he acts like he'd like to run Bob out of town. I don't know how to look up six month old posts and I wouldn't spend the effort if I did.

But you guys are still the bad guy rasslers. You never say anything negative. Except when you do.

Do you realize how silly & stupid your post regarding bob Stoops appear? You actually think a Bob Stoops, that makes $6 miilion annually gives two shits about a guy in Tulsa writing about him? To the degree that Bob would split the OU scene because he can't handle it? Bob did handle it. Give him his due and credit that's deserving. He fired Coaches and adjusted the sails of the OU program which got them into the playoffs.

You need to lighten up. Get laid or something.

Reactions: BillyRay

Don't forget that OU has been great for Bob Stoops. Its made him a multimillionaire and the coach of one of footballs most storied programs. Lets not feel too sorry for him just because he has to answer a few tough questions.

Plaino just stop...please. You always throw false accusations then when asked for proof you usually come back " well I know it was said, I just can't prove it" type response. Quit embarrassing yourself and move on. That's my advice

Plaino is losing badly in this thread....he's must be a glutton for punishment since he just loves bringing up the same junk over and over that he, coincidentally enough, gets owned on...over and over..

Getting "owned". Very cool!! Jabs like that take me back to...7th Grade.

Good grief Billy who are you talking to? Lol. I can take a good guess. Is it the poster that got owned so bad he got his feelings hurt and he left the board for 6 months? Ha-ha. That will always be funny. Trust me Billy use the ignore feature, It works wonders. A troll is a troll is a troll.

Last edited:
No WONDER you don't understand bitchslapping!!! You don't even know when you've been bitchslapped!! Takes some of the fun out of it. ;)
Don't try to escape the blame for your poor or incorrect comprehension by trying to backtrack and calling it a "bitchslap". Unless of course, it was simply a total failure on your part in the overall delivery of the original message. Cuz it's certainly not a lack of comprehension on my part.

Don't try to escape the blame for your poor or incorrect comprehension by trying to backtrack and calling it a "bitchslap". Unless of course, it was simply a total failure on your part in the overall delivery of the original message. Cuz it's certainly not a lack of comprehension on my part.

Yeah....you've NEVER had an issue with comprehension here. LOL. ;)

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT