ADVERTISEMENT

I will say it. Two years ago I posted

Not that's any of your business but one of my best friends from HS in Tulsa went & got his degree from OU in the late 70's. I didn't but spent lots of time there while single. When I married and transplanted to IA I finished my degree @ UNI. I was in the dome the night that Eldon Miller & the Panthers knocked off the ranked hawx & Dr. Tom who was a great BB coach @ iowa who got a raw deal, imo.

Next time you try ripping on others, as you did me the first time I visited over here the first time a few years back to ask some questions regarding Bob Stoops, just remember they might be an actual alum of that school and might even have kids who graduated from there also.

You're far from over it iasooner. You will get ambushed about this for years. Again, did you ever attend OU or are you a "tavern" Sooner fan? My guess is I have as close of an afiliation to OU as you do.

I'm a 4 time Fantasy Football Champion in 3 different leagues. Bow to me. Also while I'm posting, I'm more of a Bar & Grill type guy. Taverns are pretty much a Yankoid or northern thing.

Last edited:
I'm a 4 time Fantasy Football Champion in 3 different leagues. Bow to me. Also while I'm posting, I'm more of a Bar & Grill type guy. Taverns are pretty much a Yankoid or northern thing.

Yep, pegged you right, "Tavern" Sooner fan. You tavern fans hang together. My ties to OU are likely stronger than yours. Likely an OSU Cowboy fan sometime in your past and will be again sometime in your future too.

I seem to remember it differently fryddazed but will concede the point that I may have been out of line with you in the past. My apologies: come on here and share your thoughts and opinions anytime. Peace

Thank you soonered.

Yep, pegged you right, "Tavern" Sooner fan. You tavern fans hang together. My ties to OU are likely stronger than yours. Likely an OSU Cowboy fan sometime in your past and will be again sometime in your future too.
If you had "strong" ties to OU, you would never EVER use osu cowboys in caps... They are aOm aggies, DOOSHBAG!

Oh, please tell me how to spell it correctly, I did this for you, so you can pronounce your name write...

Reactions: iasooner1

Good. You have ties. Whatever that means. But anyway, did he grow tired and have to set the trophies down when tossing out all those winning quotes?

Good. You have ties. Whatever that means. But anyway, did he grow tired and have to set the trophies down when tossing out all those winning quotes?

Hayden Fry was an innovator back in his days at SMU. He helped integrate college ball in texsa. He never won a Rose Bowl or an MNC. He used to hide behind dark 'cheap sunglasses' and was a prima donna class jerk at local press conferences when ia lost games. He taught Bob & Mike well.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner

I'm not understanding what you are about. Do you really think that people on this board and people that pay for tickets to OU games are in the majority an OU alum? If so, you are wrong. College fans, football, basketball, wrestling, softball, baseball, soccer, gymnastics, whatever, are made up of people that just associate themselves with the university without ever attending that university. It's true for every university and college. If ticket sales had to depend on Alumni only sales the stadiums would'nt be a quarter full. I'm an OU fan. I have a degree but not from Oklahoma. My kids do, but that's not why I'm a Sooner. People like you make me sick. Go SAFJ.

I think your ignorance is showing. You do realize that one doesnt have to attend a school to be a true fan like you seem to think. Let me give you a little history lesson about growing up in Oklahoma and loving the game of football.

You either grow up as a Sooner, Cowboys or Hurricanes fan. Many fans who chose not to go to college can still and are just as much fans of those that did attend. Going to OU doesnt make that person a bigger fan.

You strike me as one of those idiot arrogant individuals who also believe that because you hold a degree from college that your smarter than the guy who didnt for one reason or another choose to attend college. That degree doesnt make you smarter any more than you seem to think your ties to OU would make you more of a fan.

Get over yourself and that self-rightous BS your spewing by calling true fans Tavern fans and just go back to Iowa or wherever the hell your from and do a survey with those fans asking them how many actually attended that school you root for. I am almost 99% sure you wouldnt like the results because Iowa is no unlike Oklahoma in that fans take sides at very young ages.

Evidently your education didnt teach you a damn thing but arrogance

Last edited:
News flash everyone, if you have a favorite NFL team and you didnt play for them your just a tavern fan. Dont believe, just as Frydaze and he will tell you that you cant be a real fan.

News flash everyone, if you have a favorite NFL team and you didnt play for them your just a tavern fan. Dont believe, just as Frydaze and he will tell you that you cant be a real fan.
I was a kid in the 70's. I remember watching a few OU games on TV each year. texASS and Nebraska, a bowl game, and maybe a non conference game. Every Sunday night we would watch Barry Switzer's hour long show to see what really happened on Saturday.

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred, when I die, I'll be Sooner dead... I'll be buried in my already built red cedar coffin with my Sooners road jersey on... I don't need no yankee tavern to be a Sooner.

Hey I apologize everyone; it appears I've grown a dingleberry over the years. I have trolled the hawx board and commented a few times over the years, not once this year. Their free board attracts hundreds of regular posters and has some pretty funny folks. It's a LOT more wild & crazy than here. I've never annoyed anyone enough to get banned or put in time out and have actually rooted for them once or twice in the last 30 years (when beneficial to OU)

Reactions: JConXtsy
Let me answer all of these issues for Mike...

Well, we uh, we uh, uh, game planned for them to come up to the line of scrimmage and tell us their, ummn, uh, play. They had a 3rd string guy in there who, umm, uh, didn't uh, get our game plan and he uh, umm, then did some stuff we hadn't planned for.

Once we figured out that uh, that ummm, that 3rd string guy wasn't on board with our game plan, he uhhhhhh, err, uh did some stuff like throwing the football. We uh, weren't uh, ummm, prepared for anyone to throw the football. We uh, figured, uh, ummm, errr uh, that they wouldn't uh, do that since we uh, ummm, only have like 3 guys who know, ummm, how to go against that uh, ummm stuff, you know? We practice that every day, but uhhh, ummm, we always know where Baker is going to errr, um, uh, throw it. We didn't prepare for this uhhhhh, um, mystery stuff.

So, uh, once we figgered out that they, uh, ummm, were going to throw the football, we did some stuff to uh, uhhhh, hopefully keep them from doing that but then they uhh, ummm, didn't throw the ball and uhh, instead handed it off to a uhhhh, running back. We didn't prepare for that.

So, we uhhhhh, decided to defend the middle, ummm, uh, part of the field to stop this uhhh, ummm, running and passing stuff we haven't seen, uh, before. Apparently thst uhh, ummm, left the other halves of the field uh, errr, open for some stuff and we uh, um, didn't make plays out there because we uhhh, ummm, thought we were only playing bewtween the uhhh, um, hashes since the were going to ummm, run and pass the ball.

We had a great strategy that uhhh, ummm Iowa State forgot to tell their uhhh, quaterbacks. We'll coach those guys up for the ummm, future because I uhhh, can't be expected to run a uhhh, ummm, defense without knowing what the play is uh, going to be.

Well, we uh, we uh, uh, game planned for them to come up to the line of scrimmage and tell us their, ummn, uh, play. They had a 3rd string guy in there who, umm, uh, didn't uh, get our game plan and he uh, umm, then did some stuff we hadn't planned for.

Once we figured out that uh, that ummm, that 3rd string guy wasn't on board with our game plan, he uhhhhhh, err, uh did some stuff like throwing the football. We uh, weren't uh, ummm, prepared for anyone to throw the football. We uh, figured, uh, ummm, errr uh, that they wouldn't uh, do that since we uh, ummm, only have like 3 guys who know, ummm, how to go against that uh, ummm stuff, you know? We practice that every day, but uhhh, ummm, we always know where Baker is going to errr, um, uh, throw it. We didn't prepare for this uhhhhh, um, mystery stuff.

So, uh, once we figgered out that they, uh, ummm, were going to throw the football, we did some stuff to uh, uhhhh, hopefully keep them from doing that but then they uhh, ummm, didn't throw the ball and uhh, instead handed it off to a uhhhh, running back. We didn't prepare for that.

So, we uhhhhh, decided to defend the middle, ummm, uh, part of the field to stop this uhhh, ummm, running and passing stuff we haven't seen, uh, before. Apparently thst uhh, ummm, left the other halves of the field uh, errr, open for some stuff and we uh, um, didn't make plays out there because we uhhh, ummm, thought we were only playing bewtween the uhhh, um, hashes since the were going to ummm, run and pass the ball.

We had a great strategy that uhhh, ummm Iowa State forgot to tell their uhhh, quaterbacks. We'll coach those guys up for the ummm, future because I uhhh, can't be expected to run a uhhh, ummm, defense without knowing what the play is uh, going to be.
Too FF. LMAO. You nailed it. He just doesn't have a clue!

EPIC, MEDIC! The amount of work you put into this did NOT go unnoticed...Good Job!

I have often wondered where Oklahoma TV News Stations find the People they feature on the local Newscasts. It seems to me they are always able to come up with the least qualified Witness or Participant who represents Our Great State in the worst possible way. True to tradition, the Cameraman who covered this presser did not disappoint! I was embarrassed for Mike! I’d hide behind a Visor, too!

I'm not understanding what you are about. Do you really think that people on this board and people that pay for tickets to OU games are in the majority an OU alum? If so, you are wrong. College fans, football, basketball, wrestling, softball, baseball, soccer, gymnastics, whatever, are made up of people that just associate themselves with the university without ever attending that university. It's true for every university and college. If ticket sales had to depend on Alumni only sales the stadiums would'nt be a quarter full. I'm an OU fan. I have a degree but not from Oklahoma. My kids do, but that's not why I'm a Sooner. People like you make me sick. Go SAFJ.

Trying to justify your "fandom"? People like you that have no real tie to the school but want to bitch about everything that doesn't turn into a win is what makes me sick.

I think your ignorance is showing. You do realize that one doesnt have to attend a school to be a true fan like you seem to think. Let me give you a little history lesson about growing up in Oklahoma and loving the game of football.

You either grow up as a Sooner, Cowboys or Hurricanes fan. Many fans who chose not to go to college can still and are just as much fans of those that did attend. Going to OU doesnt make that person a bigger fan.

You strike me as one of those idiot arrogant individuals who also believe that because you hold a degree from college that your smarter than the guy who didnt for one reason or another choose to attend college. That degree doesnt make you smarter any more than you seem to think your ties to OU would make you more of a fan.

Get over yourself and that self-rightous BS your spewing by calling true fans Tavern fans and just go back to Iowa or wherever the hell your from and do a survey with those fans asking them how many actually attended that school you root for. I am almost 99% sure you wouldnt like the results because Iowa is no unlike Oklahoma in that fans take sides at very young ages.

Evidently your education didnt teach you a damn thing but arrogance

Another "tavern" fan. You all hang together. You strike me as one of those who just likes to piss and moan with anyone with an education greater than what you have.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
Another "tavern" fan. You all hang together. You strike me as one of those who just likes to piss and moan with anyone with an education greater than what you have.

Yet your reply just proved my point. One thing is for sure they can't teach common sense in college even if they had a degree in that. You would have failed in flying colors. You are the perfect example of an educated idiot.

Last edited:

Perfect.. ya know

Yet your reply just proved my point. One thing is for sure they can't teach common sense in college even if they had a degree in that. You would have failed in flying colors. You are the perfect example of an educated idiot.

I made extra sure to cleanse 'that area' this morning... perhaps will require some betadine scrub to totally eliminate. (and a beatdown at wisky this weekend)

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT