ADVERTISEMENT

I spoke with Bullmarket briefly Wednesday

OU touts a winning percentage between 90 - 75% against every B12 team except Texas. Our winning percentage against the Horns is around 45%. Hating them so very much is understandable. I know that’s not the only reason for the majority of Sooners, but that fact has to come into play. As for me, I hate Notre Dame, USC and Miami more than the Longhorns. We have been kicking Texas’ ass on a regular basis for a long time now.
Not over the last 75 years. That percentage reflects Horn dominance until Bud took over. Except for the 60's (they had Royal) and the 90's (Blake, etc.) OU has won more every decade and looks like it will continue for some years. Agree with you that USC now on the top 5 hate list.

Reactions: iasooner2000
OU touts a winning percentage between 90 - 75% against every B12 team except Texas. Our winning percentage against the Horns is around 45%. Hating them so very much is understandable. I know that’s not the only reason for the majority of Sooners, but that fact has to come into play. As for me, I hate Notre Dame, USC and Miami more than the Longhorns. We have been kicking Texas’ ass on a regular basis for a long time now.

I thought the same about the Irish until I attended our last away game there is South Bend. It literally shocked me on how cordial and gracious the fan base was that day in South Bend. From the time we stepped off the parking shuttle bus to the after game at a restaurant, the fan base was very cool. The wife & I came away w/ completely different thoughts on the Irish. I'd like to think most fan bases are like that but I don't think so. Aggie & Horn are completely different.

Having said this, we can't wait to travel to the SEC games to experience the atmosphere there.

I was at that game newnasty and I came away from that game just like you. I've never seen a home crowd at an away game be so cordial and nice. Total respect for the Irish since that day. And what a day. 50'ish degrees, misty, Golden Dome over my shoulder and TD Jesus the other way. Probably my favorite away game ever.

Maybe they were just returning the favor after they were treated so well in Norman in 2012.

It could be. We are indeed a very hospitable host. But I was literally taken a back when we stepped off the shuttle bus and was greeted by a committee of people each shaking hands and welcoming us. That's how it started and it didn't stop.

ADVERTISEMENT