ADVERTISEMENT

I spoke with Bullmarket briefly Wednesday

iasooner2000

Sooner starter
Sep 12, 2011
And expressed our concerns for him and encouraged him to stop by at his convenience. He seemed anxious to do so but has a relative with terminal health problems and was leaving soon so I kept the conversation brief.
He did mention being grateful for both having Brent back and TBOW gone. I hope we see David soon, bringing his unique heat to bear against the whorns.

Bull and I had a few spats but it was mostly my doing because I couldn’t help blasting him for being so crazy hard on the Longhorns. He was mercilessly when came to Texas. Way on the other side of extreme. But now I miss his rants because he was such a great a Sooner. That trumps everything.

Bull and I had a few spats but it was mostly my doing because I couldn’t help blasting him for being so crazy hard on the Longhorns. He was mercilessly when came to Texas. Way on the other side of extreme. But now I miss his rants because he was such a great a Sooner. That trumps everything.
I love a good rant when it comes to the wronghorns.

Bull and I agreed 100% on Texas. We both took major issue with the opinion that OU needs a strong and competitive Texas. Bullsh!t. OU has been fine when texas was in the gutter. Let them remain in the gutter, forever.
I agree with Butch 100%. I don't ever want to see a dominant Texas or A$M; especially now that everything comes down to money.

I agree with Butch 100%. I don't ever want to see a dominant Texas or A$M; especially now that everything comes down to money.
I don't believe anyone ever said they want a "dominant" Texas. As I recall, the conversation was about the RRR and how both teams being good made it a much better game for both programs. I'd rather enjoy beating an unbeaten TX than what they have been lately.

I don't believe anyone ever said they want a "dominant" Texas. As I recall, the conversation was about the RRR and how both teams being good made it a much better game for both programs. I'd rather enjoy beating an unbeaten TX than what they have been lately.
RRS has always been a tough series even when the whorns were terrible but, we've owned the conference under Bob and even tbow the past 20+ years. Brent's callin the shots now and I'm feelin just fine brother. 😁

I could not disagree more. hat was said is that we don't need Texas to be strong in order for OU to succeed. Beating a weak Texas is fine with us. The Cotton Bowl is always full and the OU crowd just as rowdy when Texas comes in at 1-3. There are no empty seats. Unbeaten Texas means nothing to me. I guess you were not in the Cotton Bowl last year. Texas' record had nothing to do with that excitement. I did not hear one person say they wished Texas had beaten Arkansas. Texas went on to lose several games and it did not take the shine off the brilliant OU comeback effort. Texas record will never be mentioned in that OU victory. Screw the whorns. There will be plenty other games that mean much more in the SEC.

I could not disagree more. hat was said is that we don't need Texas to be strong in order for OU to succeed. Beating a weak Texas is fine with us. The Cotton Bowl is always full and the OU crowd just as rowdy when Texas comes in at 1-3. There are no empty seats. Unbeaten Texas means nothing to me. I guess you were not in the Cotton Bowl last year. Texas' record had nothing to do with that excitement. I did not hear one person say they wished Texas had beaten Arkansas. Texas went on to lose several games and it did not take the shine off the brilliant OU comeback effort. Texas record will never be mentioned in that OU victory. Screw the whorns. There will be plenty other games that mean much more in the SEC.
Its just like with any sport or any game. It is much more satisfying to beat a good team.

Its just like with any sport or any game. It is much more satisfying to beat a good team.
No doubt about it my man! I thought we had superior teams in OUr three championship game losses under Bob, I really did. Especially against Trojan. I thought we were the best team in all the land in 2003, 2004 and 2009.

OU touts a winning percentage between 90 - 75% against every B12 team except Texas. Our winning percentage against the Horns is around 45%. Hating them so very much is understandable. I know that’s not the only reason for the majority of Sooners, but that fact has to come into play. As for me, I hate Notre Dame, USC and Miami more than the Longhorns. We have been kicking Texas’ ass on a regular basis for a long time now.

Reactions: iasooner2000
OU touts a winning percentage between 90 - 75% against every B12 team except Texas. Our winning percentage against the Horns is around 45%. Hating them so very much is understandable. I know that’s not the only reason for the majority of Sooners, but that fact has to come into play. As for me, I hate Notre Dame, USC and Miami more than the Longhorns.
I wonder what OUr winning percentage against whorn is in say the last 30, 40, 50 years? 😁

I wonder what OUr winning percentage against whorn is in say the last 30, 40, 50 years? 😁
Since 2000 OU 16-7
Since 1990 OU 18-14-1
Since 1980 OU 26-18-2
Since 1970 OU 32-21 3
Since 1960 OU 33-30-3
Since WWII OU 42-36-3

LR was good for one thing. As HC, Texas only beat him once.

Since 2000 OU 16-7
Since 1990 OU 18-14-1
Since 1980 OU 26-18-2
Since 1970 OU 32-21 3
Since 1960 OU 33-30-3
Since WWII OU 42-36-3

LR was good for one thing. As HC, Texas only beat him once.
Maybe so, but TX was down for most if not all of Rileys tenure at OU. Still, OU struggled in most of those.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
Maybe so, but TX was down for most if not all of Rileys tenure at OU. Still, OU struggled in most of those.
No doubt about it my man. But, the wins are piling up. Trophys will come with Brent, imo. We've a better head coach now than tbow that jumped ship because he didn't wanna play with the big boys. Things are about to excitingly get good my man. Better football brother. Better than whorn with sark. 😂

Last edited:
Bull raised thousands of dollars for a fellow poster and his wife in the final days of their fight against cancer. He raised additional money after passing to assist their family with end of life expenses. David was a saint in the department of life.
David is a good man. Super giving and genuine. His wife was having some difficulties with an illness after being discharged from the hospital. He reached out to me for advice so I gladly helped him out. He was beyond appreciative. He was trying like hell to get me to agree to some form of compensation which I refused. How genuine he was is what struck me. He was dead serious.

David is a good man. Super giving and genuine. His wife was having some difficulties with an illness after being discharged from the hospital. He reached out to me for advice so I gladly helped him out. He was beyond appreciative. He was trying like hell to get me to agree to some form of compensation which I refused. How genuine he was is what struck me. He was dead serious.
My motto in life is to surround myself with good people and support them as they do me. 👍

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT