ADVERTISEMENT

I know it's a silly question , but......

LAY THE WOODY

Sooner starter
Jul 23, 2008
what's yer take on the first girl playin a man's game. I'm not concerned about it's significance, but rather, is it good for the game?

If she is the best ( talent-wise) option available, doesn't bother me for her to kick.
She has to understand that, if something goes wrong with the play on placekicks, she is liable to get hit hard by men, just like a male kicker. She also has to know that the same is apt to happen in the case of a long run back on a kickoff. If she decides to try to stop the ball carrier, same thing may happen.

She has to understand that, if something goes wrong with the play on placekicks, she is liable to get hit hard by men, just like a male kicker. She also has to know that the same is apt to happen in the case of a long run back on a kickoff. If she decides to try to stop the ball carrier, same thing may happen.

Do you think she or those who've let her play have thought of that? This is where the game gets ultimately redefined if forced on a stronger male dominated sport. She's got no business even wanting to play with men other than wanting to make some absurd historical stance which will only humilate her and hopefully Vanderbilt because like you pointed out, she gets pummeled, there comes the cart and all the tears over and over again. The NFL might like it, heck by admitting women into the league it'll extend games twice what they are now. Megan Rapinoe sure screwed up things for the girls. They should stick to being girls. I'm sure to catch hell for my last statement. 😁

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Katie Hnida was the third woman to play NCAA football and the first woman to play in Div. 1-A. She was on the Colorado Buffaloes roster in 1999, but never played. She transferred to New Mexico and got playing time in the 2002 Las Vegas Bowl vs. UCLA. She also played the following regular season with the Lobos.

Khnida_playerpic.jpg

Reactions: iasooner1
Katie Hnida was the third woman to play NCAA football and the first woman to play in Div. 1-A. She was on the Colorado Buffaloes roster in 1999, but never played. She transferred to New Mexico and got playing time in the 2002 Las Vegas Bowl vs. UCLA. She also played the following regular season with the Lobos.

Khnida_playerpic.jpg
Could she kick the ball further than 20 or 30 yards?

She may have done more against women playing football than FOR playing football, through no fault of her own.
With all due respect, why would a coach want what amounts to having ten players covering a kickoff on a play that may be the most physical play in football ?

why? Same reason they give in to putting all this BLM nonsense on the jerseys and the field. Pressure and fear

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Well, I posted that I was OK with it if she was the best option and she understood the risks before I saw her kickoff in the second half.
Since Vandy didn't score, I assume that was her only playing time. I didn't check to see if she had a failed FG attempt. That would have been her only other opportunity. That kick was basically a "soccer pass to another player" kick. Have to believe she was not the best available option and it was definitely a publicity stunt for a poor football team.

Does this mean a male basketball player can play women's basketball because he is the best option? Women should stick with women's sports and men should stick with men's sports.
Of course it doesn't.
Women, in case you haven't noticed, do not have the strength, speed, size and overall athleticism as men. That's not a negative thing....it's just the way nature made it.
In my case, I enjoy UConn's women's basketball for the way it's played. It's more of a purer form of basketball to me. I don't need to be told that the UConn women could not beat even a boy's high school team because the two sports....men's basketball and women's basketball.....are two different entities because of the physical differences between male and female athletes. When I watch the UConn women, I see good basketball players who are well coached and fundamentally sound.

Of course it doesn't.
Women, in case you haven't noticed, do not have the strength, speed, size and overall athleticism as men. That's not a negative thing....it's just the way nature made it.
In my case, I enjoy UConn's women's basketball for the way it's played. It's more of a purer form of basketball to me. I don't need to be told that the UConn women could not beat even a boy's high school team because the two sports....men's basketball and women's basketball.....are two different entities because of the physical differences between male and female athletes. When I watch the UConn women, I see good basketball players who are well coached and fundamentally sound.

Well actually it does. Have you not seen boys who think they are girls participating in mens sports? Its happening

Well actually it does. Have you not seen boys who think they are girls participating in mens sports? Its happening
Yes, I have seen it or heard of it in track and field with transgender participation.....which is really unfair to the girls/women who are trying to compete with members of their own sex. Political correctness has gotten way out of hand.
I have seen it in grade school or high school football, but it just isn't an issue with me as long as college football and baseball are not affected.
As for Sarah Fuller, I would be surprised if she kicks a football again after this year. She's had her time in the spotlight and it should not happen again.

Six years ago, Lawton High School had a female kicker who made national news by kicking a 42 yard field goal against Lawton Eisenhower. The next day, I got a call about it from my brother in law in Virginia when it made national news. Her name was Caitlyn Cox and I believe she was also was on the LHS girls soccer team. (I don't recall whether or not she kicked off but I doubt it because it would 've put the coverage team at a disadvantage.) In any case, she was the best placekicker in the school. She wasn't one of my students but I was able to speak with her on occasion. She was a gracious, polite young lady. I don't know what she's done in the intervening years but I certainly hope she's doing well.

I'm all for women playing football. I thought the Lingerie Bowl was good stuff. Excellent execution and unbelieveable talent.

Yes, I have seen it or heard of it in track and field with transgender participation.....which is really unfair to the girls/women who are trying to compete with members of their own sex. Political correctness has gotten way out of hand.
I have seen it in grade school or high school football, but it just isn't an issue with me as long as college football and baseball are not affected.
As for Sarah Fuller, I would be surprised if she kicks a football again after this year. She's had her time in the spotlight and it should not happen again.

Sports used to be the great equalizer where there were no politics or agendas. Just good old fashioned competition. I say let her play linebacker for a few plays and see if she still wants to play football with the boys.

Her thinking she can play mens football is just plain silly and those who support/encourage her are equally outside their minds. We live in a land of oxymoronic state these days.

Reactions: BillyRay
I guess it's a payback & tradeoff for the allowance of men playing in women's sports.

Sports used to be the great equalizer where there were no politics or agendas. Just good old fashioned competition. I say let her play linebacker for a few plays and see if she still wants to play football with the boys.
A lot of things once were without politics or agendas.
Now it's in the media, movies and education.
And you haven't seen anything yet.

A lot of things once were without politics or agendas.
Now it's in the media, movies and education.
And you haven't seen anything yet.
Leaving alot of folks in disbelief. The question is why? Why forcefeed the demented psychological beliefs on a whole nation. Does it really work in Europe?

It was a stunt

Their punter was clearly a better option

I don't know how this is supposed to be a feel-good story, she had never practiced football in her life. its not like it was something she had been working for
She said, the call came out of the blue.

She was one of my students in high school, I coached her in track, plus her mom is a coworker of mine. Sarah got a call from the coach asking if she was interested in kicking due to other kickers being quarantined. The soccer team was on campus because they just won the SEC championship. She had planned on coming home and subbing in our district until she started her masters program at UNT. She will also play soccer at UNT and will have 2 years of eligibility. Do I think girls belong in football, No but give me 11 guys that work as hard as Sarah does and I would win lost of games. If you dont think she can kick go watch some of Vandy games on youtube and watch her kick. Her kick in the game was a designed squib so she did what was asked of her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT