ADVERTISEMENT

I have never been so unenthused

Enthusiasm for the season mostly went down the tubes after Houston and Ohio State but totally tanked after the TTU debacle. Honestly, I was more enthused during the John Blake years.

I see your viewpoint.
Realistically, I want a win with no one getting injured. (It seems to me that the game of football is now a game of "last man standing" with so many injuries due to the increased size and speed of the players.....and this has diminished my enjoyment of the game).
Also having Kendall getting some reps would be nice to see.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
I see your viewpoint.
Realistically, I want a win with no one getting injured. (It seems to me that the game of football is now a game of "last man standing" with so many injuries due to the increased size and speed of the players.....and this has diminished my enjoyment of the game).
Also having Kendall getting some reps would be nice to see.

Today at Outdoor Man...

Forgot how stupid those jersey's looked during the Schmellyburger year. That was a start of some really bad football in Norman.

Not so much fun being a so called top dog in a sinking conference anymore. This conference is getting less and less national respect as the years go by. No lil 12,11,10 team in the playoffs this year.

Not so much fun being a so called top dog in a sinking conference anymore. This conference is getting less and less national respect as the years go by. No lil 12,11,10 team in the playoffs this year.
I will say it was pretty depressing listening to the broadcasters yesterday during the game pretty much conceding that the Big XII already is dead in the water in terms of getting a team into the playoffs. But hey, lots of football left to play, so can't say for certain right now how everything will play out. Plenty of teams that look like legit playoff contenders right now could stumble bigtime down the stretch and open the door for a Big XII team to get in there.

Why in the world would you hope anyone from the big 12 would make the playoffs this year? That is a ridiculous statement. You need to watch more football than you do. You know if enjoying a football season is spoiled because of what OU results are, you aren't much of a college football fan. Talk about dillusional.

Why in the world would you hope anyone from the big 12 would make the playoffs this year? That is a ridiculous statement. You need to watch more football than you do. You know if enjoying a football season is spoiled because of what OU results are, you aren't much of a college football fan. Talk about dillusional.
So you think it's beneficial for the Big XII to be a non-factor in the playoffs 2 of the first 3 years when OU is a member of that conference??

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Our conference gets embarrassed on TV every Saturday. Baylor plays week non conference games, looked good with a big fat 0 for losses until they get beat by Texas. West Virginia could not hang on. If we win the Confetence, that would be with 2 losses, with Houston in the drain. Mike probably thinks his defense is back. I did like what I see for up and coming players.

Our conference gets embarrassed on TV every Saturday. Baylor plays week non conference games, looked good with a big fat 0 for losses until they get beat by Texas. West Virginia could not hang on. If we win the Confetence, that would be with 2 losses, with Houston in the drain. Mike probably thinks his defense is back. I did like what I see for up and coming players.

Yet the Big 12 non-conference schedule was pretty impressive. Wins include ULM, UTEP, Notre Dame, Rice, SMU (twice), SE Louisiana, Pitt, Youngstown State, BYU, SF Austin, Missouri, LA Tech, FAU, Missouri State, URI, and San Jose State....17 total. Losses include Houston, Ohio State, California, Arkansas, Central Michigan, Arizona State, Stanford, Ohio, Memphis, Northern Iowa and Iowa....12 total. How bout them apples! :rolleyes:

Yet the Big 12 non-conference schedule was pretty impressive. Wins include ULM, UTEP, Notre Dame, Rice, SMU (twice), SE Louisiana, Pitt, Youngstown State, BYU, SF Austin, Missouri, LA Tech, FAU, Missouri State, URI, and San Jose State....17 total. Losses include Houston, Ohio State, California, Arkansas, Central Michigan, Arizona State, Stanford, Ohio, Memphis, Northern Iowa and Iowa....12 total. How bout them apples! :rolleyes:
No wonder the LITTLE 12 looks so pathetic.

Impressive or legitimate wins...Notre Dame, Pitt, BYU, Mizzou...

Legitimate losses... Houston, Ohio State, Cal, Arky, ASU, Stanford, Idiots Out Walking Around...

That of course depends on who it is losing to those teams and how.......

"He's your oldest and your best friend, if you need him, he'll be there again.
He's always willing to be second best, a perfect lodger, a perfect guest.
BEAUTIFUL LOSER, read it on the wall.........."

Reactions: soonerfastnloud
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT