ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Hoops: Post OV notes on Jaylon Dean-Vines and Courtland Muldrew

Brody Lusk

Sooner commitment
Staff
Oct 25, 2023
Bentonville, AR
If you read my last update, you know that I've started to trust my gut and pump the brakes on Jaylon Dean-Vines and Oklahoma. After talking with people following the visit, I can say my initial "gut feeling" was correct. The Sooners' staff felt the visit went well, but noted that Dean-Vines wasn’t very talkative. Although Dean-Vines has mentioned Iowa State and West Virginia as being in the mix with Oklahoma, I honestly don’t think that’s true.

Dean-Vines has recently made a few decisions that some around him disagree with, leaving coaches questioning his choices. Many believed he would commit to Oklahoma during the visit, and some people close to him think he should have. So, if I’m down on Oklahoma, which school am I high on? Honestly, I have no idea. There are rumors about Memphis and Louisville getting involved, but right now, it’s a "wait and see" situation. It seems that people who shouldn’t be influencing him are doing so. Although Oklahoma might play the waiting game, I’m not sure they’re willing to do that.

Regarding Courtland Muldrew, Porter Moser is very high on him. Muldrew has recently gained a lot of attention, but he’s a smart kid handling things the right way. He’s considering all his options and values the schools that have shown interest in him for a while. The Sooners believe he can be compared to Javian McCollum in their offense, but with better defense and a bigger guard presence. Essentially, McCollum without the weaknesses. I think the Sooners are one of the top schools in this race.

I’ve interviewed both Muldrew and Dean-Vines. I’ll have a story on Dean-Vines out tomorrow. Just as he wasn’t very talkative during his official visit, he wasn’t over the phone with me either. Keep that in mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News