ADVERTISEMENT

Heupel = Mizzou Tiger

KCtornado

OU scholarship offer
Jul 18, 2006
Overland Park KS
Guess he's back into real football realm. I wish him well, but am damn glad we've got Riley. Mizzou is a dumpster fire with a wobbly offense. Can't see him turning it around anytime soon...

My guess is here in a few years Josh won't be an OC anywhere, but probably a position coach

No where to go but up! I think Mizzu's offense came in dead last. Wish him well.

An OC job in the SEC for a team that's competed for a division title more than half of their years in the league?

Yeah he really is scraping the bottom of the barrell. It also means that in coaching circles, Josh is a lot more highly considered than on this site. Not too surprising.

True. But just not in the OU circles.

Looks to me that the overall conference trend is on decline for SEC. Georgia and Florida have had to restructure big time..and Mizzou is getting kitchen scraps...no offense Josh. The SEC hype machine will always be fueled by espin bias...only will have fewer gears next year.

I really wish Josh well, but I think he's made a huge mistake. That team and school is a train wreak and will be for some time. He may have been better off staying at Utah State.

Oh well, here is hoping I'm wrong!

I really wish Josh well, but I think he's made a huge mistake. That team and school is a train wreak and will be for some time. He may have been better off staying at Utah State.

Oh well, here is hoping I'm wrong!

That would be the a Longhorn program you're describing. Now THERE is an ongoing disaster movie that won't end.

Reactions: KCtornado
I'd say Mizzou is worse off and that's saying something. The Schlonghorns had to go and BEG the 6-6 Tulsa OC to come to Austin and bring them up to speed.

Going in with low expectations is a very good thing, Small improvements look much bigger. :)

22, as bad as it sounds, I think we might see some more of this stuff. It seems like there is wave of protesting going on right now. Once the protesters hit the money trails, which in this case was football, Missouri caved. I hope this was the end of it, but I don't think so.

So they won't have to carry a gun.... of course, Bob used his and pulled the trigger on one of his favorite sons... something very few could do.

Exactly how I feel about it. The players are in charge at Mizzou. They'll have Josh running steps.

Mizzou had too many off-field distractions this past year. It was a last place offense, but nowhere near last place talent. I would think that sets up well for a new OC to look good out of the gate.

As far as the protests go, it doesn't appear that any university employee who had any role in the football player strike will still be around. You don't participate in a conspiracy to point a multi-million dollar gun at the institution's head and stay employed by that institution. Pinkel may have been leaving anyway, but the timing was no accident. The S&C coach who met with the protesters and his assistants were fired. I would not be surprised to see turnover on the team too.
The administration was blind-sided by the football "strike", but they won't let it happen again.The players are seeing that their actions have consequences that they didn't want.

Reactions: veritas59
Mizzou had too many off-field distractions this past year. It was a last place offense, but nowhere near last place talent. I would think that sets up well for a new OC to look good out of the gate.

As far as the protests go, it doesn't appear that any university employee who had any role in the football player strike will still be around. You don't participate in a conspiracy to point a multi-million dollar gun at the institution's head and stay employed by that institution. Pinkel may have been leaving anyway, but the timing was no accident. The S&C coach who met with the protesters and his assistants were fired. I would not be surprised to see turnover on the team too.
The administration was blind-sided by the football "strike", but they won't let it happen again.The players are seeing that their actions have consequences that they didn't want.

Your post gave some positive insight that the inmates won't be running the asylum any longer. But after doing some research on the subject, I've concluded that your post is mostly wishful thinking. I understand that. But it isn't looking promising.

Josh Heuple made a horrible decision to go to Missouri. He probably already knows it, but has made up his mind to give it his best. And he will. He's a winner. Unfortunately, he'll likely grow weary of the bullshit and leave after a year or two. Many prospects have backed out. Who can blame them?

The Missouri legislator withdrew the bill to bring an end to scholarship players from holding the school and football program hostage. The lawmakers were chided and called a "racists" for caring. So nothing changes. More activist coercion is coming to your athletic program and it will inhibit success.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s-bill-bar-student-athlete-protests/77417410/

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...-history-of-whiny-black-protestors-at-college

Batten down the hatches. It will only get worse. They're empowered now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soonersincefitty
OU fans owe him much....VERY much.

I am as big of a Josh Heuple fan as anyone here. I supported him 100% when he was on staff. I am still a regular '14 Foundation' donor. But what else do OU fans owe him VERY much of? It can't be money. He was paid well. It can't be respect. He is forever a name in OU history and folklore. What am I missing?

If you meant "OU fans who disliked him owe him very much", then I understand the meaning of your comment. But forget about it. Those kind of Sooner fans are too caught up in self pride to say anything nice. It's just like the Landry Jones, Brennan Clay or the Zack Sanchez beefs. Being right at all cost is far more important than being a classy, respectful & supportive Sooner fan. They think it makes them look tough, knowledgeable and poised, when in fact - the opposite is true.

Last edited:
22 the funny thing about clay is no one here ever trashed him. The fact that posters such as myself called him very good but not great literally hurt other posters feelings.... It was flat out weird.

My goodness are some on here STILL trying to make Brennan Clay into some kinda superstar? Can we not accept that he was a good running back but not an all time Sooner great? Same goes for Landry who was the 4th best QB in the Stoops era.

Clay had a couple of great plays.... Was he a great rb? No. Same goes for landry and Sanchez

I am as big of a Josh Heuple fan as anyone here. I supported him 100% when he was on staff. I am still a regular '14 Foundation' donor. But what else do OU fans owe him VERY much of? It can't be money. He was paid well. It can't be respect. He is forever a name in OU history and folklore. What am I missing?

If you meant "OU fans who disliked him owe him very much", then I understand the meaning of your comment. But forget about it. Those kind of Sooner fans are too caught up in self pride to say anything nice. It's just like the Landry Jones, Brennan Clay or the Zack Sanchez beefs. Being right at all cost is far more important than being a classy, respectful & supportive Sooner fan. They think it makes them look tough, knowledgeable and poised, when in fact - the opposite is true.
That's funny the two guys jumped right in to reinforce what 22 posted above. The repetition boys strike again. Most of the old men as you like to call us are open minded. You two are narrow minded and stuck in the 20th century.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
Here comes Mr. Sensitive who whines and cries anytime someone post something that he doesn't agree with. As usual your comment doesn't even make sense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT