ADVERTISEMENT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Remember when...

Remember when Manny Diaz was going to tear up the conference with his defense... Remember when the OC that came with him was going to run roughshod along side him?

Remember when their new Athletic Director would right the ship post Dodds?

Remember when Charlie Strong was going to bring back the Horns? Remember when he was going to "Steamroll Everyone"?

Remember when Strong was going to mimic the Baylor offense?

I love being nostalgic

Strong came to Texas with good head coaching credentials from his time at Louisville.
Blake did not come to OU with such credentials....or any credentials as far as I'm concerned.
I would compare Strong more to Schnellenberger more than I would to Blake. Strong will lose his job at Texas, but somehow I believe he has better days ahead elsewhere.
Living in Connecticut, I would like to see Strong come to UConn to replace Coach Diaco, who's has all the football savvy of a Slovakian sex toy tester.

I recall when watching Texas beat Notre Dame the first week of the season that one of the announcers quipped that "Texas football is back!".
Nope. Foot in mouth disease. Commentators need to hold thoughts like this until the season plays out.

See ya Charlie. He just never energized the state of Texas regarding football, thus allowing the Baylors, Houstons, and Aggies to continue to make Texas football blah. There is no excitement amongst the recruits to attend Texas. I see something like the Michigan/Harbough happening eventually. A big time proven Coach to come in and energize the program. Whoever it is, they'll have to dolel out some BIG time money to get that guy.

Everyone in Houston all pissed, writing editorials in the paper about being snubbed by the Big 12 for expansion. How ironic that Tom Herman might be headed for the Big 12 and leaving his Cougars behind.

See ya Charlie. He just never energized the state of Texas regarding football, thus allowing the Baylors, Houstons, and Aggies to continue to make Texas football blah. There is no excitement amongst the recruits to attend Texas. I see something like the Michigan/Harbough happening eventually. A big time proven Coach to come in and energize the program. Whoever it is, they'll have to dolel out some BIG time money to get that guy.

You are exactly right! There is always someone out there. You just never know when they will be found.

Everyone in Houston all pissed, writing editorials in the paper about being snubbed by the Big 12 for expansion. How ironic that Tom Herman might be headed for the Big 12 and leaving his Cougars behind.

Don't blame him though. If I was a HC in CFB, I'd follow the money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT