ADVERTISEMENT

Good game on Saturday

We didn't beat anyone but the refs. Criminals.
c6a91aa507b8dc8c3804e1864f980344.jpg

It was a good game. Physical and hard fought. They could've folded down 20-0. I don't blame the Longhorns or their fans because the refs tried to go in dry on LR and the boys. Doesn't change the fact that the refs played a hand in them getting back into the game though. If anything we need to develop a killer instinct. Inexcusable that 352 yards at halftime didn't translate to at least a 28 point lead.

It was the Castleberry crew on the scene in Lubbock. The worst call? When OU stopped Tech a yard short on fourth down back up field and the refs dutifully moved the ball a yard in Tech's favor. First and 10! The Castleberry bunch should never been in position to award a touchdown to Tech. This Tech "touchdown" made honorable mention on Lost Lettermens all time official Top 10 jobs list. OU in Eugene was the 5th biggest robbery ever. The next season, the new incoming Pac 10 commissioner fired the crew responsible for stripping OU's victory over Oregon. Ch 11 Lubbock and ch 5 OKC later confirmed no Tech touchdown. Fox cameras couldn't overturn. Actually it was Castleberry who went to spot the ball short of the goal line but was overruled by a side judge. And naturally the Lubbock insurance salesman in the replay booth saw nothing to overturn.

Reactions: iasooner1
It was the Castleberry crew on the scene in Lubbock. The worst call? When OU stopped Tech a yard short on fourth down back up field and the refs dutifully moved the ball a yard in Tech's favor. First and 10! The Castleberry bunch should never been in position to award a touchdown to Tech. This Tech "touchdown" made honorable mention on Lost Lettermens all time official Top 10 jobs list. OU in Eugene was the 5th biggest robbery ever. The next season, the new incoming Pac 10 commissioner fired the crew responsible for stripping OU's victory over Oregon. Ch 11 Lubbock and ch 5 OKC later confirmed no Tech touchdown. Fox cameras couldn't overturn. Actually it was Castleberry who went to spot the ball short of the goal line but was overruled by a side judge. And naturally the Lubbock insurance salesman in the replay booth saw nothing to overturn.
Not that it makes it any easier to swallow, but Randy Christal's crew did OU-TTU '05.

They should be fired and sent to old folks community to officiate the shuffleboard activities. Their days of swinging football game outcomes are done with. The fat heads in Big 12 Office must be part timing with their clown duties.

We are being tame. Imagine how we would act if we had lost because of the officiating. I can take a close game and a close win but that crew was horrendous. Anyone that watched it could see that.

And I have seen it go the other way in favor of OU. It was a win. Take it, move on.

By the way, officiating in the Big XII is a joke. Holding calls don't exist and haven't existed in close to 10 years. I could go back to a lot of games over the years and pull photos of Texas players being held by Tech, OU, and OSU players. Hell, go back to the 2008 Texas vs Texas Tech game (the Crabtree catch game) and the officials allowed Tech to hold all night.

Reactions: BillyRay
And I have seen it go the other way in favor of OU. It was a win. Take it, move on.

By the way, officiating in the Big XII is a joke. Holding calls don't exist and haven't existed in close to 10 years. I could go back to a lot of games over the years and pull photos of Texas players being held by Tech, OU, and OSU players. Hell, go back to the 2008 Texas vs Texas Tech game (the Crabtree catch game) and the officials allowed Tech to hold all night.

Tells us to move on from the win and the bad officiating then proceeds to preach to us about bad officiating in the big12. :rolleyes:

You know it's not going to change.

Changed Saturday, it went from bad to criminal. I never complain about calls in a game, bad calls happen but last Sat was beyond anything I have ever seen in a game before. And there is nothing for me to "get over" as it has not affected my life one way or the other. My gf always watches OU games with me and has for 7 yrs, I have never heard her complain about calls or lack of calls before last Sat, she was livid. I have never seen her act like that during an OU game ever and I was impressed she noticed how bad it was.

I won't complain about officiating in a game that we won until I hear Whorns whining about how the officiating cost them the game. Umm WTF? Which one of the tackles in the 4th quarter should they have let go? Did you miss where they gave you two 4th qtr receptions that the booth overturned? And how about blatant holding on both of your QBs big runs that ultimately lead to your short lived lead? You got two roughing the passer calls on a push right as the ball was released and an Oscar worthy flop while Baker got a no call after being hit in the head while already down on 3rd down. You had an 8 to 1 penalty advantage heading into the final 6 minutes. Shut the hell up.

Thanks for the correction, Salt City. As you know, outside of UT, Christal and Castleberry share glaringly similar reputations. About the only game of note I can find Texas getting a raw deal was their last game against Grant Teaff. Historians note this is one where Horn fans actually have a real gripe. The rawest of deals could usually be claimed by Arkansas. I'm a bit surprised the pigs hung around as long as they did.

Very strange things have, and will continue to happen in west texas football officiating.

Very strange things.

That was one of the better games we have seen in a long time. Lots of good hitting. Lead changes, etc.

Hats off to you all and your new coach.

And in a futile attempt to derail the spiral into the bad officiating in this thread. I will say that QB you have is a rock.

Dude had Stone face the whole game, very impressive for a freshman in that atmosphere.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT