ADVERTISEMENT

Fresh note on top TE target (Thu 11:15am)

Parker Thune

Campus Legend
Gold Member
Apr 30, 2023

Buckle up, folks. This thing's getting dicey down the stretch.

Oklahoma still has the edge, but Alabama has surged back into this race and may in fact be a bigger threat than Miami. Keep in mind Mitchell's mom still lives not far from Tuscaloosa, and though the dad is more involved in the decision here, it's worth remembering that Mitchell himself spent the first fifteen years of his life in Alabama. As we draw closer to a decision date, it seems the nostalgia factor is beginning to creep into play. In speaking with a source very close to the recruitment, I'm told Mitchell and his dad still have a preference for OU. That said, the Crimson Tide and Hurricanes have been able to tighten the Sooners' lead, and they've given Mitchell and his father a lot to think about.

To answer the inevitable question, yes, NIL is involved. But I'm also told that the Mitchells are willing to give OU a discount, so to speak, if they come to the agreement that Norman is the right fit for Davon in the end. Money alone will not decide the outcome. I still lean OU at the moment, but there's a little less confidence today than there was yesterday or a week ago. There remains some work to be done on the Oklahoma side.

What would a five-star recruitment be without a little drama?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News