ADVERTISEMENT

Flowers was a GROWN A-- MAN

He played well...give him kudos. Now Mixon and Perine are back. Baylor should prepare for a steamrolling with hot asphalt, and more rapeage allegations. How is that team not in an immediate NCAA death sentence?? Is a NCAA Offical caught with his weiner in a tight hole?

He played well...give him kudos. Now Mixon and Perine are back. Baylor should prepare for a steamrolling with hot asphalt, and more rapeage allegations. How is that team not in an immediate NCAA death sentence?? Is an NCAA Offical caught with his weiner in a tight hole?

When did the NCAA get a wiener? I thought they are a big group of PUSSYcats.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
He played well...give him kudos. Now Mixon and Perine are back. Baylor should prepare for a steamrolling with hot asphalt, and more rapeage allegations. How is that team not in an immediate NCAA death sentence?? Is a NCAA Offical caught with his weiner in a tight hole?
Is Perine back?

I was happy to see Flowers step up big time and produced some nice runs. I was surprised he got the bulk of the carries, but as others pointed out, it may have been that he is a better blocker than Adams, so that is why he was in the game more and got more carries. 22 carries and 115 yards, plus a big TD catch was an outstanding job by Flowers. I'm sure Bob gave him a game ball as he deserved it for his performance.

O-line was inconsistent last night, opening big holes on one play, then getting swarmed on the next. ISU did a nice job of blitzing and got to Baker too easily, forcing him to scramble or take a sack.

The D was it's usual pathetic self. They did make a few third down stops in the second half, but seems like Mike Stoops' play-calling is a "bend don't break" style of play. I find this incredibly frustrating as our D is on the field too much (despite overwhelming ISU in time of possession) and gives up too many yards. Unfortuantely, I'm left with a sense of doom with Baylor, WVU (in Morgantown) and OSU up next.

The D was it's usual pathetic self. They did make a few third down stops in the second half, but seems like Mike Stoops' play-calling is a "bend don't break" style of play. I find this incredibly frustrating as our D is on the field too much (despite overwhelming ISU in time of possession) and gives up too many yards. Unfortuantely, I'm left with a sense of doom with Baylor, WVU (in Morgantown) and OSU up next.

The defense will be the difference in whether this team ends up 7-5 or 10-2 in my opinion...

The defense will be the difference in whether this team ends up 7-5 or 10-2 in my opinion...
Agree a little bit, but OU's offense will have to be stellar because this defense is injury-plagued and weak.
Best and most realistic hope, as it has been so far this season, is that OU scores more points....plain and simple.
OU has now won 6 straight after a 1-2 start, but this has come against bad and/or mediocre teams, and in three of those games it took 45 or more points to win.
Bottom line: OU has to get healthy and play its best football on both sides of the ball....beginning right now.

Flowers ran the ball really well last night. The running backs have to do a better job of picking up the blitzes though. Those blitz pick ups were where we missed Perine and Mixon the most in the passing game.

I'm so tired of seeing 3rd and 5 and the defense plays so far off the WRs that it's an easy pitch and catch for a first down before the DBs can get to them and make the tackle. What type of moronic defense is that? Press coverage when it's 3rd and short to get the defense off the field. If Mike Stoops doesn't think his players are good enough to play close to the WRs, then why the hell did he recruit them? No matter what you say, it falls on the coaching staff, not the players. If the players aren't good enough, the coaches recruited them. If the schemes are too complex, that's the coaches fault. If the players are constantly being forced to play with their hands tied behind their back for fear of giving up a big play, that's the coaches fault.

COACHES NEED TO GET BETTER!

Best and most realistic hope, as it has been so far this season, is that OU scores more points....plain and simple.

This formula is 100% this year. OU has won every game in which they scored more points.
From that, you can make a very accurate prediction that they will win each of their last 4 games in which they score more points.
:D

This formula is 100% this year. OU has won every game in which they scored more points.
From that, you can make a very accurate prediction that they will win each of their last 4 games in which they score more points.
:D
Perhaps I should have said that OU's offense needs to carry the team completely because the defense does not exist.

Perhaps I should have said that OU's offense needs to carry the team completely because the defense does not exist.
The defense is obviously better than the Big 12 teams so far. Dallas has a bad defense that is protected by the offense, so they look middle of the pack stats wise.

The defense is obviously better than the Big 12 teams so far. Dallas has a bad defense that is protected by the offense, so they look middle of the pack stats wise.

Well, let's see... Tea Cup scored 59 on South Dakota State, 46 on OU, and nope... No little xii team has allowed 46 points to Tea Cup...

Tortilla Thrower U scored 55 on Kansas, and 59 on OU... No other little xii team has allowed close to that...

texASS scored 40 on OU... Baylor allowed 35 and no other little xii team has been close...

So, I conclude that the offense has scored more than the defense has allowed, as SUCKY as it is....

854 YARDS AND 59 POINTS...

What part of that is so difficult to understand?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT