ADVERTISEMENT

Few notes and thoughts on Davon Mitchell and Taylor Tatum...

Cole Patterson

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2021
What's up guys! Wanted to pass along a few thoughts/notes on a pair of OU prospects of interest.

-- Davon Mitchell obviously committed to OU over the weekend, and I feel like that's a significant addition for the Sooners. He reclassified and is ranked inside the Rivals100. There had been and will be discussions about possibly moving him higher, too.

I got to know Mitchell and his father really well when he was at Allen. I remember how impressive he was when all he had was a UNT offer. I was at the spring practice in which he really blew up and picked up five offers in one day - which he told me he didn't even realize was possible. All of that to say that Mitchell is a high character kid in addition to his football ability. He shines in every setting that he is in and is one of the premier players at his position. Can see him carving out a role in Norman early.

-- Now onto a top target ... Rivals100 RB Taylor Tatum is officially down to two with OU battling USC for his pledge. Not that's a surprise, but he confirmed that and will be announcing his choice on July 21. At one point, the Trojans looked like the team to beat. But that has since changed.

I entered a FutureCast last month in favor of OU, and my confidence is still high on the Sooners landing the big-time rusher out of East Texas. From baseball to his comfort level in Norman, there's a lot for Oklahoma to sell, which has them in the driver's seat.

Also, for my money, he's the best back in the class.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News