ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone's synopsis

Have seen a lot of OU Fans drinking the Kool-Aid after a bad team Rout. Remember Nebraska last year? Hopefully the players don't read the hype and stay focused. Not sure SMU will be a good guage either on how good we are yet but if its a struggle then it won't be a good sign. If its a Rout we still won't likely know until Conference Play. Either way just keep improving and hopefully a running back emerges as a go to guy and the D gets some push and pressure on the QB. Overall still more questions than answers after week 1.

Have seen a lot of OU Fans drinking the Kool-Aid after a bad team Rout. Remember Nebraska last year? Hopefully the players don't read the hype and stay focused. Not sure SMU will be a good guage either on how good we are yet but if its a struggle then it won't be a good sign. If its a Rout we still won't likely know until Conference Play. Either way just keep improving and hopefully a running back emerges as a go to guy and the D gets some push and pressure on the QB. Overall still more questions than answers after week 1.
Agree 100%. Easy to drink the kool-aid after a very thirsty season like 2022. No hurry. We’ll know what kind of team we really have after the Texas game.

I've been drunk on the kool-aid since the early 70s as a child. I'm also usually the first one off the card table as I think there's a chance I can win every hand.

This will never change. 😁

BOOMER!

Agree 100%. Easy to drink the kool-aid after a very thirsty season like 2022. No hurry. We’ll know what kind of team we really have after the Texas game.

Yep, I agree. I wanna hit the gas and say we are starting the climb back up but gonna tap the brakes a bit for now. Still way to early to know what we have and still might be after Sat but we may know a little more after SMU.

1 sack and 0 ints from OUr defense. Should this be a concern against the redwolves 48 rushing yards along with their 160 in the air? I understand we played almost OUr entire roster which I'm very very happy with.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I think it's fair for Sooner fans to be excited for what we saw Saturday. Sure it's to early to start thinking anything beyond a conference title, but we saw some things we've seen very little of for a long time.

The #1 thing I saw Saturday was attitude. With attitude comes energy and effort. Now we'll have to see that for more than 1 game, but it was more prevalent than it has been for some time. And it came from everybody. Brain farts will happen. We are far from a finished product. But if these guys bring it on every play for 4 quarters, we'll win just about every game on the schedule.

I think it's fair for Sooner fans to be excited for what we saw Saturday. Sure it's to early to start thinking anything beyond a conference title, but we saw some things we've seen very little of for a long time.

The #1 thing I saw Saturday was attitude. With attitude comes energy and effort. Now we'll have to see that for more than 1 game, but it was more prevalent than it has been for some time. And it came from everybody. Brain farts will happen. We are far from a finished product. But if these guys bring it on every play for 4 quarters, we'll win just about every game on the schedule.
I'll say it again, dline is gonna push and the backfield is gonna shine against the ponies.

I agree 100%. I know most of what he says is likely Coach Speak yet I do think he hit on some things just as you did.

Butch on the Sooners this year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT