ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone's synopsis

Understanding AC Joint Sprain​

The AC (acromioclavicular) joint is where the shoulder blade (scapula) meets the collarbone (clavicle). The highest point of the shoulder blade is called the acromion. Strong tissues called ligaments connect the acromion to the collarbone, forming the AC joint.

An AC joint sprain occurs when an injury damages the ligaments in the AC joint.

90431_1

About Arnold getting so much playing time, I believe BV was sending a message to college football. If our starter goes down, than your going to be in worse trouble. We got 2 capable qb's this year!!!

Last edited:
The pass rush concern was addressed by Brent and his response was that AS was intentionally getting the ball out quickly. That is true, but the concern is still valid.

Lots of talk regarding the dominance of the offensive line. They did look physical but there wasn't a lot of RBs breaking free. Need to keep pounding it to let those guys gel. I do believe they'll become a very complete unit by mid-season.

Reactions: iasooner2000
About Arnold getting so much playing time, I believe BV was sending a message to college football. If are starter goes down, than your going to be in worse trouble. We got 2 capable qb's this year!!!
Its also a recruiting tool - classes of '24 and '25 will be playing with Arnold. So the future is already looking good on the field....not just [cough]Manning[/cough] hype.

The pass rush concern was addressed by Brent and his response was that AS was intentionally getting the ball out quickly. That is true, but the concern is still valid.

Lots of talk regarding the dominance of the offensive line. They did look physical but there wasn't a lot of RBs breaking free. Need to keep pounding it to let those guys gel. I do believe they'll become a very complete unit by mid-season.
Agree.
But remember Major and Walker were the running backs mostly with Barnes getting little playing time and Sawchuk unavailable.
Freshmen Hicks and Smothers looked good.

OU will have to knock the SMU quarterback down a few times. He doesn’t run much but can throw the ball a mile. Imagines himself as another Manzell (sp?)

A few observations:

1. For a first game, very few dumb mistakes. Little jumping snap counts. The one OHolding was pretty marginal. We scored a td on the drive, anyway.Just a crispness overall, that you could really see BV impact starting to come into play. Now it will be different this week for sure. The thing I want to see most was our achilles heel last year. I want to see how our defense does, when the other team is also going fast. Getting OUr calls in and getting lined up. SMU has some playmakers, that those guys didn't have.

2. I like the potential of OUr receiver room. But Farooq isn't OUr number one receiver. Maybe we can do it by committee. We don't seem to have one great one that the defense has to adjust to. Farooq ain't close to Mims. Pettaway has a chance to eventually be that guy, but not yet. Anthony and Gibson had good games, but the man who excites me most, IF he can stay healthy, is Anderson.

3. Everybody poohed poohed it when the depth chart was posted, but 29 was our best RB Saturday. Just e very good, solid performance. Tawee Walker can play. Again, we'll have to see him against better competition. I don't think Major does it for many of us. He just looks a step slower than anybody else in the RB room, and he doesn't appear stronger.

4. We have two quality college quarterbacks. DG is our number i, and rightly so. But before the end of the season, hard to believe that Arnold won't be our best quarterback.

5. OLine was terrific in so many ways. Lebby called them violent after seeing the film. I like that. We had tackles drafted in the second and third round last season. I'm not sure we won't be better this year. We looked better inside also. You don't score on your first eleven possessions, ten of the touchdowns, without great OL play.

6. LInebacker play was very good. But the guy that jumped off the screen to me wase McKinzie. I know it was late and he was fresh against OL's playing all day, but he was the one guy when I first saw the play that I thought, who was that? I want to see more of that. Stutsman made a whole lot more tackles for one or two yard gains, and a lot less for 6 or 7 yard gains. Kanak's speed will help the defense, but he still looks like a new linebacker to me.

7 Washington was great. They singled him on good receivers several times and didn't accomplish much. Some of it was their insufficiency, but several times he make quality plays on the ball. Let's see how it goes against somebody who knows how to pitch and catch this week. We got our first look at why Gentry Williams was thought to be a great recruit. That was a WOW play. I saw one of the sites that did one of those stupid (at least to me) places were a scribe gives individual grades to players six hours after the game. They gave Bowman the highest defensive grade. I know a couple of times, he was chasting because of another player's mistake. But I still think as a safety that 2 is overrated. Again, this week will be a worthy test. Still love 21 even with the late hit on the sidelines.

8 Kicking game was solid. Great punt return. I think OUr kicker will cost us down the road. Maybe it's the snapper or the holder, but the XP's were an adventure too often.

9 DLIne raised an eyebrow for lack of pressure in the QB. Brent said it was because the max protected and did a lot of quick passes. I believe we should be able to knock a few down if that's going on. OUr DL should be better than SMU's OL next Saturday. We were very good against the run against ASU. SMU has a couple of backs who can run.

10 Whatever happened to D. J. Graham?

A few observations:

1. For a first game, very few dumb mistakes. Little jumping snap counts. The one OHolding was pretty marginal. We scored a td on the drive, anyway.Just a crispness overall, that you could really see BV impact starting to come into play. Now it will be different this week for sure. The thing I want to see most was our achilles heel last year. I want to see how our defense does, when the other team is also going fast. Getting OUr calls in and getting lined up. SMU has some playmakers, that those guys didn't have.

2. I like the potential of OUr receiver room. But Farooq isn't OUr number one receiver. Maybe we can do it by committee. We don't seem to have one great one that the defense has to adjust to. Farooq ain't close to Mims. Pettaway has a chance to eventually be that guy, but not yet. Anthony and Gibson had good games, but the man who excites me most, IF he can stay healthy, is Anderson.

3. Everybody poohed poohed it when the depth chart was posted, but 29 was our best RB Saturday. Just e very good, solid performance. Tawee Walker can play. Again, we'll have to see him against better competition. I don't think Major does it for many of us. He just looks a step slower than anybody else in the RB room, and he doesn't appear stronger.

4. We have two quality college quarterbacks. DG is our number i, and rightly so. But before the end of the season, hard to believe that Arnold won't be our best quarterback.

5. OLine was terrific in so many ways. Lebby called them violent after seeing the film. I like that. We had tackles drafted in the second and third round last season. I'm not sure we won't be better this year. We looked better inside also. You don't score on your first eleven possessions, ten of the touchdowns, without great OL play.

6. LInebacker play was very good. But the guy that jumped off the screen to me wase McKinzie. I know it was late and he was fresh against OL's playing all day, but he was the one guy when I first saw the play that I thought, who was that? I want to see more of that. Stutsman made a whole lot more tackles for one or two yard gains, and a lot less for 6 or 7 yard gains. Kanak's speed will help the defense, but he still looks like a new linebacker to me.

7 Washington was great. They singled him on good receivers several times and didn't accomplish much. Some of it was their insufficiency, but several times he make quality plays on the ball. Let's see how it goes against somebody who knows how to pitch and catch this week. We got our first look at why Gentry Williams was thought to be a great recruit. That was a WOW play. I saw one of the sites that did one of those stupid (at least to me) places were a scribe gives individual grades to players six hours after the game. They gave Bowman the highest defensive grade. I know a couple of times, he was chasting because of another player's mistake. But I still think as a safety that 2 is overrated. Again, this week will be a worthy test. Still love 21 even with the late hit on the sidelines.

8 Kicking game was solid. Great punt return. I think OUr kicker will cost us down the road. Maybe it's the snapper or the holder, but the XP's were an adventure too often.

9 DLIne raised an eyebrow for lack of pressure in the QB. Brent said it was because the max protected and did a lot of quick passes. I believe we should be able to knock a few down if that's going on. OUr DL should be better than SMU's OL next Saturday. We were very good against the run against ASU. SMU has a couple of backs who can run.

10 Whatever happened to D. J. Graham?
We can't show all OUr cards on the first hand brother. I am glad we have the mustangs at home though.

Dillon Gabriel looked so much more composed. Got rid of ball quickly and got his reads in quick time. He looks improved and certainly looks like more of a leader of this team. Same can be said about the Receivers who ran good routes and caught the ball when targeted. Eventually the RBs will hit those holes and take off. I feel Cinci may be the first real test of this year. In meantime, keep sharpening and developing.

You guys are looking at SMU like TCU looked at Colorado last week. Don't think SMU is quite that good, but they're probably better defensively. We really didn't get tested Saturday, except in losind three pretty good players plus our third quarterback. But SMU's offense can cause any defense problems, even BV's.

You guys are looking at SMU like TCU looked at Colorado last week. Don't think SMU is quite that good, but they're probably better defensively. We really didn't get tested Saturday, except in losind three pretty good players plus our third quarterback. But SMU's offense can cause any defense problems, even BV's.
We're at home my man, 52-7.

I'm seeing Sooners that much better my man. 67-7 if that. Maybe another shutout.

I agree. SMU will be several steps up from ASU. We need to play better competition to get ready for the rest of the season (Texas in particular). OU should win, and needs to win by 24+.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT