ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Writer Max Olson on OU-Texas

WP76

Sooner starter
Oct 4, 2001
When the Sooners finished off Texas by stopping their last-second desperation lateral play, Bob Stoops did not celebrate like Strong did a year ago with a Gatorade bath and crowd surf. He shook Strong’s hand, did his TV interview and walked off to collect his Golden Hat.

The difference between acting like you've been there before (or not)...

Well, Bob is a classy winner and I respect him for that. I'm sure he realizes that this will be the last time he will walk across the Cotton Bowl to shake Charlie's hand at the end of the RRR game. Bye bye Charlie. It's been short but not so sweet!

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
I will be thrilled if Charlie leaves. I think he is close to making Texas really good. Seriously. They have a bunch of young guys who are going to grow up and be hard to beat.

Strong is in a tough spot. Win. Now. He did say this...

A Texas poster provided this link. He wanted to place some of the blame on the Texas offense and I understand that. He claims that Texas got 3 pts off of 4 Oklahoma turnovers. OU could have blown this game out minus the 4 turnovers. High scoring games are not rare anymore.
Texas has regressed this year. They want Herman now. That's if the AD keeps Navy off the Texas schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT