ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Camp Day 4 Notes...

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
Oklahoma finally brought its summer camps to an end and did so on what I think @Eddie_Rado, @BPrzybylo, and I all agreed was the best day of camp of the four. Lot of good young talent at a lot of different positions.

I continue to be a big fan of this guy as he just spins a great ball and just kind of oozes confidence. He started out with the younger guys but quickly was moved over to the bigger names and more than held his own. He's young but he's a no doubt power 5 guy to me.

This is a guy that it didn't take long to notice. A big and long linebacker that really shined in movement drills. He's a guy that I think could pick up an offer but it will be about how OU sees him fitting as he may be best suited as a stand up OLB in a 3 down front.

We will see.

Kibble is a guy I saw a few times last year but I admit my focus was on his teammate, Kam Dewberry. He's a bit undersized but as @Eddie_Rado put it, "he's about the same size as Chris Murray". And I think center could be his path at OU. Very good athlete that mirrors well and has a nice punch.

Lane is a guy that looks like a million bucks and after starting at safety in the morning session and looking a bit awkward he moved to linebacker for the afternoon session.

And when he did he looked like a freaking dude. He's got a lot to learn but he moves so well and his feet are very good.

When he first got out in the afternoon he went into some bag drills and looked outstanding to the point that I am not sure of but could about swear the guy working the drill, Danny Stutsman, looked at Ted Roof with a "wow" look.

I think he ends up with an offer before too long, if not today.

As soon as we heard he was camping his offer clock just started counting down.

This is another guy that I had seen before and his size, easy ability as a receiver and huge catch radius made him a no doubt offer guy imo.

He's got a chance to be an elite TE in the class.

I didn't get to watch at much of him as @BPrzybylo did but I wanted to highlight him because what I did see was outstanding. He's another very likely Rivals100 guy in the years to come.

Nwaneri is a guy that is a lot bigger than I expected, he's beyond his listed height/weight, I'd guess 6-6, 255? He's just a tremendously large human being with a lot of natural skills. He's still growing into his body and there were some moments when you could tell he wasn't quite as comfortable but when he put it all together he showed some bend on the corner and some good counter moves for a player so young.

He's very even-keeled and Miguel Chavis tried to get him fired up a few times but he just kind of stayed the course. Intriguing kid who has one of the biggest hands I've ever shaken (I know, weird facts).

Otlewski is probably the least known guy on this list but man oh man he is impressive. He worked over with the defensive line but is a pure pass rushing outside linebacker. I'm not sure how he could fit into Oklahoma's 2023 plans but they sure could do a lot worse - he's a talented guy that I bet ends up mid-high power five.

I said it time and time again on Saturday but in the short tenure we've gotten to watch this staff work with recruits, I can't think of a guy that they've shown more attention to or worked harder with than Smith. This is clearly a guy who will be a major priority for the Sooners in the class of 2024.

He's a much broader guy than I was expecting, he's twitchy enough to stay outside but could easily grow into a 3-technique defensive tackle. I can't lie...there's some Bryan Bresee stuff here. He's got a chance to be a 5-star before it's all said and done.

Van Buren is a kid that carries himself like a born leader and spins a nice ball. I didn't get to watch him as much as I would have liked but he could be a guy for OU, no question. (wrote this before the offer happened - I was in midair, haha).

That offer isn't shocking, a very steady guy that has a lot of good feel for the position.

I will have some more names over the next few days. I just wanted you all to have some highlights for the moment.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News