ADVERTISEMENT

Ehlinger compliments OU

Funny that the talking heads on espin tonight did their Playoff Top 5. They gave lsu credit for beating texass but Joey Galloway put lsu number 3 because of their win vs texass and florida, he had OU at 5 and said we still have not played anyone yet lol.
Funny stuff.
So texass is only a quality win if an sec team beats them I guess.
It will all work itself out but listening to the sec bias every single year is hilarious.

Last edited:
We essentially dominated Texas more so than LSU did. The two turnovers cost us heavily. Urban Meyer said the score should have been 28-0 at the half. I agree with him on this. Jalen's turnovers kept Texas in the hunt. No turnovers and its game over at the half. I rarely listen to the analysts on ESPN especially during the halftime show. Urban Meyer did have some good things about OU at the end of the game saying that it was a complete game by OU.

Funny that the talking heads on espin tonight did their Playoff Top 5. They gave lsu credit for beating texass but Joey Galloway put lsu number 3 because of their win vs texass and florida, he had OU at 5 and said we still have not played anyone yet lol.
Funny stuff.
It will all work itself out but listening to the sec bias every single year is hilarious.

Funny stuff.

I said all along if we beat Texas the ESPiN narrative would still be OU hasn’t played anyone. Doesn’t surprise me one bit he said that

The truth is OU fans need to stop looking at a win over TX as a validation. TX is barely more than mediocre. OU has surpassed TX, it's time to compare against Clemson and Bama. Those two programs are the measuring stick to compare your program to. If OU can hold on to Grinch for 4 years and continue to recruit well on O and D, Oklahoma will have a good shot to win #8 and 9. However, teams like LSU and Ohio St are also getting bigger, faster, and stronger. OU's window is getting smaller to get over the hump.

The truth is OU fans need to stop looking at a win over TX as a validation. TX is barely more than mediocre. OU has surpassed TX, it's time to compare against Clemson and Bama. Those two programs are the measuring stick to compare your program to. If OU can hold on to Grinch for 4 years and continue to recruit well on O and D, Oklahoma will have a good shot to win #8 and 9. However, teams like LSU and Ohio St are also getting bigger, faster, and stronger. OU's window is getting smaller to get over the hump.

Texas is better than you're giving them credit for. They are just really beat up right now. We have OUr share of injuries too, but not like those guys, moving a freshman quarterback to running back, just to have two guys, and missing three DB's. Plus their best defensive player got tossed for targeting early in the 2nd half.

I think we're still better than Texas, but we'll likely have to prove it again. OU fans would be well served to buy their CCG tickets now, before Texas fans do what they did last year, and have 70% of the crowd at Jerry World. Orangebloods will have to wait a while. They might not even make it. But if they get healthy, they'll be a worthy opponent for the conference title.

OU's task is pretty clear. Go 13-0 and make the CFP. 12-1 won't make it this season, most likely.

Reactions: iasooner1
Texas is better than you're giving them credit for. They are just really beat up right now. We have OUr share of injuries too, but not like those guys, moving a freshman quarterback to running back, just to have two guys, and missing three DB's. Plus their best defensive player got tossed for targeting early in the 2nd half.

I think we're still better than Texas, but we'll likely have to prove it again. OU fans would be well served to buy their CCG tickets now, before Texas fans do what they did last year, and have 70% of the crowd at Jerry World. Orangebloods will have to wait a while. They might not even make it. But if they get healthy, they'll be a worthy opponent for the conference title.

OU's task is pretty clear. Go 13-0 and make the CFP. 12-1 won't make it this season, most likely.

Not much of a chance that there will be more than two 13-0 teams in the playoffs. Maybe none.

Reactions: iasooner1

I tend to agree. The only sure thing is if OU goes undefeated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT