ADVERTISEMENT

eather and stadium seating update for those traveling to Knoxville

May 22, 2011
Brentwood, TN
Hello Oklahoma faithful. For those of you attending the game, I wanted to provide some info that you might find helpful. First and foremost, thank you for making the trip to Knoxville. Like Norman, it is one of best venues in all of College Football. These type of cross sectional games are great for the sport and the fans. I hope you are treated with the same hospitality and grace that I was treated with last year in Norman.

Rain is supposed to stop by noon according to current forecast. Temps will be an unseasonably cool mid 60's at kickoff, moving into the 50's in the second half. If your seats are on lower level (noted by a single letter like 'D' as opposed to an upper bowl seat noted by a double letter like 'DD') and you are higher than row 53, your seats will be covered by upper bowl and will be dry. If you are seated below row 53, bring a couple of paper towels to wipe of the seats as there will be standing water on them and it will be unpleasant having a wet backside as the temperature drops. If you are scalping tickets, A-E, AA -EE, R-U and RR-UU are the non endzone seats. About $250 per ticket seems to be the going rate for these seats currently. Concessions are fairly weak inside Neyland so I would advise eating before you get there. Also, alcohol is fairly easy to get into the game. Just don't be obnoxious and don't have something hanging out of your pocket and you should be OK.. Half pints and minis are the easiest. Pints become a bit conspicuous and they may be checking bags. If arriving by car, there will be parking but it will be stressed by this crowd. Expect to pay about $25 to park a 10-15 minute walk from stadium. If you are going to be in Knoxville Friday night and are looking for something to do, I would recommend the Market Square area in the Old City area. It is in downtown and very close to campus. There will be plenty of restaurants and bars there. If you had to go to West Knoxville to get a hotel room, The Turkey Creek area has lots of restaurants but not as many bars. If driving through TN to the game, highway patrol is very light on I40 and you can drive 10mph over stated limit with no reaction from the troopers.

I hope you all enjoy your time in Tennessee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.