ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: Quick note on #OKPreps 4-star DL

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
I spoke to some sources about 2024 four-star Durant (OK) DL XaDavien Sims — and spoke to Sims himself — and there should be some news of him narrowing things down from his top 10 in the next 24-48hrs.

Also, as I reported last week, I fully expect Sims to commit to one of his top schools during the last half of May. A date that has been thrown around is May 20th. That date will also be C4’s Annual Pro Day, where they showcase their top players in their program — Sims being one of them.

I don’t know 100% who the top schools are, but I do know to expect the Sooners as one of them. Oregon and Michigan State likely there as well. I do expect a few more to be on that list as well.

As far as how things are trending, I think Oregon has made a move over the last month, but was it enough to overtake OU? I’m not sure I feel that way just yet. But it’s getting closer, with Todd Bates and the Sooners trying to hold off the Ducks and a few others.

Bates has continued to be aggressive in his recruitment of Sims, and unless something has changed, I know most around the four-star prefer him in Norman. Again, will that be enough? Who knows just yet.

I’ll dig around and find out more but what is noted above is what I have for all right now. Essentially, things are looking to be coming to a close for the OKPreps 4-star and OU is hoping they are the pick.

Stay tuned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News