ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: Flipped FC for Sellers to A&M | Where I feel OU finalizes CB spot in 2025

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
*** I made some concessions last week while at Carl Albert, and was asked to not throw out a pick for four-star CB Trystan Haynes, but after discussions with Haynes and sources around the Titans’ program, I feel as if Oklahoma has been closing the door on their competition with Haynes.

I’ll start with the ND buzz, as it was a bit of a shock to Haynes to see the Irish picks come in so fast. Even others that I spoke with sounded off on that topic, with one source saying, “He wasn’t as in love with ND as some want to believe,” the source said. “My feeling is that OU is still where he ends up and with his dad being a big OU fan, it makes a lot of sense when you think about all the other pros to why Oklahoma is a good bet.”

Again, since I was asked to refrain from a pick for Haynes “for the moment” I am making it here so you all can hold me accountable if I miss. I have Haynes being in the Sooners’ 2025 class and feel it’s trending very positively for Jay Valai and OU.

If you remember, we weren’t too sure that was likely a few weeks ago. Even had Haynes likely on outside looking in with the OU 2025 class. That mostly due to where OU stood with four-star CB Cobey Sellers. That has since changed, but we will continue to watch this closely as things start to wind down for Haynes.

*** Now, why the A&M pick for four-star CB Cobey Sellers? Well, because I had a 1 am message from a source that has direct knowledge (and on OU side of things), saying, “That one seems to be heading towards A&M,” the source said. “Seems to have turned sideways for (OU) the last week or so, with Sellers really warming up to Mike Elko and his staff.”

Sellers’ decision isn’t until May 11th, but the staff has already been to see him this spring (only one visit to a school, per new NCAA rule), so that makes it hard to make a big push in that short amount of time.

We will be watching this closely. If it flips back to OU, I’ll just take the L on my FC pick to A&M. However, not getting a good feeling right now, even with some commits to OU remaining confident that OU will be the pick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News