ADVERTISEMENT

Did the refs not see the 300 pound ut defensive lineman pile driving into Baker lying on the field?

It was targeting and if this conference plays the double standard...anyone making such ridiculous decisions should be fired. Plenty of good officials out there to take their fat cat spot.

Reactions: JConXtsy
baker.0.gif

He was still throwing the ball as the 84 started to make the tackle. I don't see an obvious penalty.

Reactions: BillyRay
Although it might be a little dirty, I can see why no flag was thrown. Mayfield was still trying to make the play and although his head hit the ground from the force of the hit, it wasn't a helmet to helmet shot or his helmet to Bakers body

I didn't like the play by the defender at all. They way it played out, it was not a personal foul. But I did think it was dirty. Baker was down before the defender left his feet.

Again, I'm not one to complain about officiating, but this was nearly every offensive play for Texas in the second half. I rarely see holding in real time or when it's flagged, I think because it's usually pretty subtle, but it was just blatant every play and never called. I've never seen it like yesterday.

Although it might be a little dirty, I can see why no flag was thrown. Mayfield was still trying to make the play and although his head hit the ground from the force of the hit, it wasn't a helmet to helmet shot or his helmet to Bakers body

Incorrect. Qb is a defenseless player by NCAA rules. You can't hit his helmet at all with anything while he's in the pocket. Baker was in the pocket.

Reactions: iasooner1
OU won the game.

That is not the point. The point is that it was a clear foul that was not called. The Big XII crew was very aggressive with the targeting foul on Lamb. They called a couple hitting the QB against OU, but for some reason didn't call the one on Baker. The Texas defender his Baker's head. So, to some that is just fine as a no call.

Here is the deal. The head man of the crew how called Saturdays OU Texas game is a horn through and through. OU has been screwed over and over by his crews in the past. I fail to understand why the Big XII would continue to send Texas officials to call a Texas game. Yet they continue to do it.

Arkansas left the old SWC specifically because of the bias of the Texas officials in that conference. It is still there.

So, the fact that OU won the game is not a reason to suggest that the Texas bias is just ok.

That is not the point. The point is that it was a clear foul that was not called. The Big XII crew was very aggressive with the targeting foul on Lamb. They called a couple hitting the QB against OU, but for some reason didn't call the one on Baker. The Texas defender his Baker's head. So, to some that is just fine as a no call.

Here is the deal. The head man of the crew how called Saturdays OU Texas game is a horn through and through. OU has been screwed over and over by his crews in the past. I fail to understand why the Big XII would continue to send Texas officials to call a Texas game. Yet they continue to do it.

Arkansas left the old SWC specifically because of the bias of the Texas officials in that conference. It is still there.

So, the fact that OU won the game is not a reason to suggest that the Texas bias is just ok.
And I don't think it was a clear-cut case of a foul with the hit on Baker. Like I said in my other post, if it were an OU defender hitting another teams QB like that, then I doubt anyone on here would take issue with it. Baker likes to talk about of trash so you damn right players are going to try and take shots to hurt him. That's football man. But the shot Baker took I have no issue with it not being called, and I also would have been fine if it had been called as well. It's one of those plays that is close enough to go either way in my book.

Now if you wanna talk about the holding calls that Texas got away with on it seemed like every single down Texas snapped the ball, now that's another story.

If that play is not a penalty, then the play on the sideline when Lampkin grabbed Ehlinger by the arm was not a foul. even the announcers said you cant call that a penalty. OU defenders were being held all day, and when Orlando falls down and the defender falls on top him and he gets flagged.

1) Texas Holding was the worst non-calls I have ever seen. On the Ehlinger TD run late in the 4th, our defender was basically tackled at the 5 yard line.
2) Ehlinger was asleep on the field after that one tackle, and UT coaches let him come back in the game. - Unbelievable!!!
3) If those refs were Big 10 refs, which was mentioned on the broadcast, they would definitely have an agenda to give OU a 2nd loss since it could help Ohio State later in the year. Why in the world do we not have Big 12 refs in an all Big 12 matchup??

I heard that also; it must have been a brain faht as it has been established after the fact that it was a Randy Christal team of texsa hacks
edit: I don't know where I read or heard that, obviously

Last edited:
2) Ehlinger was asleep on the field after that one tackle, and UT coaches let him come back in the game. - Unbelievable!!!

I couldn't believe they let Ehlinger back on the field either. I was dumbfounded at that one.
Herman is quickly showing he's definitely the kind of coach the Bonghorns deserve.

Reactions: iasooner1
They never said they were B1G refs. The guy they asked about the reviews was a former B1G ref.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT