ADVERTISEMENT

DE Bledsoe due back October 5th....

Good question, I haven't really been paying attention on the pay board to see if it's been discussed.

The only discussion of Bledsoe over there the last couple of days is the news about him suing the NCAA. And even that I haven't read up to see exactly what the details are.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Good question, I haven't really been paying attention on the pay board to see if it's been discussed.

The only discussion of Bledsoe over there the last couple of days is the news about him suing the NCAA. And even that I haven't read up to see exactly what the details are.
He said the supplement he took did not list the banned drug as part of the ingredients

His story is hokey at face value.

Protein powder given to him by a "friend."
He tested positive for PED. The protein powder tested positive for the same PED. The PED is not listed as an ingredient.
The same protein powder was obtained and tested. Results were negative for that PED on the independently obtained sample.

All of that points to someone adding the PED to the protein powder. Whether that was him or his "friend" and whether that was before or after his failed test is unclear and unable to be proven.

I think the lawsuit is targeting the unfair penalties of a positive test result to an unwitting student athlete. Now that point is debatable either way.

Reactions: iasooner1
His story is hokey at face value.

Protein powder given to him by a "friend."
He tested positive for PED. The protein powder tested positive for the same PED. The PED is not listed as an ingredient.
The same protein powder was obtained and tested. Results were negative for that PED on the independently obtained sample.

All of that points to someone adding the PED to the protein powder. Whether that was him or his "friend" and whether that was before or after his failed test is unclear and unable to be proven.

I think the lawsuit is targeting the unfair penalties of a positive test result to an unwitting student athlete. Now that point is debatable either way.
Greetings everyone. Just want to let you know Bledsoe may have a legitimate argument. It appears the packaging companies can mix\cross contaminate from other products especially in cases where products are not FDA regulated such as supplements. This was detailed in a documentary http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/supplements-and-safety/ .

Greetings everyone. Just want to let you know Bledsoe may have a legitimate argument. It appears the packaging companies can mix\cross contaminate from other products especially in cases where products are not FDA regulated such as supplements. This was detailed in a documentary http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/supplements-and-safety/ .

That's a good note, and could very well have been the case here. Like I said, there's no way to prove what really happened either way unless the protein powder company came forward and admitted guilt of cross contamination and presented data.

However, I really don't like stories that start out, "Well, I got this product _____ from a friend." Classic finger-pointing in most cases.

Reactions: iasooner1
It's not even just having to worry about cross contaminating when it comes to the supplement market. A supplement company does not have to get FDA approval to sell a supplement. They can throw crap on the market and sell it until the FDA gets around to proving it should be pulled from the market. This was done years ago I think it was Ultimate Orange, which was proven to have oral steroids. And most recently I know the supplement Tren was on the market for a handful of years until the FDA proved it had actual oral steroids in the product. I know this one for a fact as several buddies used it for a while.
The supplement industry is a scam artists dream. Athletes that have to worry about drug testing should be VERY weary of using a supplement until it is 100% approved and tested by the FDA. Using anything outside of that and it's a roll of the dice.

That's a good note, and could very well have been the case here. Like I said, there's no way to prove what really happened either way unless the protein powder company came forward and admitted guilt of cross contamination and presented data.

However, I really don't like stories that start out, "Well, I got this product _____ from a friend." Classic finger-pointing in most cases.
Agreed, but when I heard this on sports radio this was the first thing to came to my mind. I am not supporting his current claim. If he had a good lawyer though, I would be bringing this up ASAP as it could be legit.

It's not even just having to worry about cross contaminating when it comes to the supplement market. A supplement company does not have to get FDA approval to sell a supplement. They can throw crap on the market and sell it until the FDA gets around to proving it should be pulled from the market. This was done years ago I think it was Ultimate Orange, which was proven to have oral steroids. And most recently I know the supplement Tren was on the market for a handful of years until the FDA proved it had actual oral steroids in the product. I know this one for a fact as several buddies used it for a while.
The supplement industry is a scam artists dream. Athletes that have to worry about drug testing should be VERY weary of using a supplement until it is 100% approved and tested by the FDA. Using anything outside of that and it's a roll of the dice.
I remember Ultimate Orange quite well. We typically called it Agent Orange and it had a warning that it could make you pop positive on certain tests. Since they were selling it on BASE we took it to our SACO officer for approval. Never ceases to amaze me how many supplements the USMC was willing and encouraging in some cases to poison ourselves. Guess it was building our tolerance to their food.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT