ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Okie!

To permantly define, even brand a young man according to his worst act is to call down a system of condemnation upon your own head.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

That which you sow, surely you will reap.

Best of luck to you. Now GTFO.

I agree with you on this. If he shows this to be a pattern of behavior we should launch him out of the program with the prejudice of of a pedophile at a PreK graduation, but so far he's done what he needs to do and has not repeated the pattern. What he did was terrible and there is no excuse for it except for the ignorance of youth.

If he presented a pattern of behavior even remotely close to the original sin, then he'd be gone and forever ridiculed by not only the fan base but everyone. Sometimes there is no excuse for the deed, but there is always forgiveness for an act of stupidity. Mixon served his time and did what was required. The deed will forever stain his person, but it doesn't have to define his life. We've all done something dumb in our youth of varying magnitudes. His just happens to be exceptional but it is something that can be overcome with time and appropriate recompense.

Now that this is 2 years old, let's move onto something else.

Last edited:
I think it has more to do with your coach playing a damn woman beater... .

Joe admitted he made a huge mistake He even said no man should EVER hit a woman and he apologized several times. Hesaid he was 100% to blame for what happened. Joe was 17 on his18th birthday when the incident happened 2 1.2 years ago.

So you are saying an admitted mistake of a 17 year old follows him FOREVER??

Are you without sin? Are you a Christian?

If a violent murder occurred or a rape or a drunk driver arrested many times finally kills someone when he or she is drunk again I can see not forgiving them for a long long time
maybe forever.

But if a 17 year old has served his punishments and truly apologized and he has spoken to children's groups saying he made a huge mistake and he wants them to learn from his mistake, he can be forgiven and allowed to get on with his life. .

Joe is also speaking to battered womans' groups apologizing and saying again a man should not hit a woman EVER that he was completely at fault. Joe is showing by his actions and words of apology that he deserves to be forgiven,. .

And you come to our board after we buttstomped Auburn and you say you hate Bob Stoops.

WHO IN THE HELL ARE YOU? Obviously a very poor loser and I emphasize "LOSER." .

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1
Please tell us when Bob has had the ball inside the 5yd line at the end of a losing game?? The Auburn team had put the work in to get that close to a TD, why is it classless to put the team in a position to finish the drive they had already put the work in to get that close to the end zone??
HORRIBLE if the coach told the team, "hey guys I know you played your guts out to get inside the 5yd line, but lets just give up I don't care about your effort."

Ever think the TEAM maybe showed the coach they wanted to punch it in to finish the game????

I completely agree. Coach honored his kids effort by fighting for that TD. Good for him. Also, it's the best thing to do when you're heading into a long offseason after a beatdown. At least you take a small victory away: scored a TD on their last play of the season. Even if it was in a loss.

I definitely would have done the exact same thing.

I think it has more to do with your coach playing a damn woman beater... but hey, that's just me. I didn't post to be an ass, I was just complimenting your team. Better team won the game.
But you were ok with your team buying a player like a piece of meat and riding him to a championship?

Reactions: iasooner1
Look guys! Joe Mixon is not why Auburn lost the game... is it so hard to believe that someone doesn't like Bob Stoops? This is in NO WAY taking up for Gus Malzhan, You were better coached and that is a fact.
Seems to me you don't like Stoops because he called out the SEC a couple of years ago and has showed them who the boss is ever since. Don't hate Stoops for having his team physically whip yours, blame your coach. As far as Mixon goes, he pretty much assaulted your whole defense all game, how embarrassing that must feel for your overrated SEC SEC defense.

Last edited:
Look guys! Joe Mixon is not why Auburn lost the game... is it so hard to believe that someone doesn't like Bob Stoops? This is in NO WAY taking up for Gus Malzhan, You were better coached and that is a fact.

What in the devil do you have against Stoops. Stoops is a great coach and a better person. Bob is nothing but pure class. My goodness are you so hopped up to put a kid in the gas chamber for losing his cool and hitting a drunk girl who instigated the whole damn incident. Yah, we all know Joe made a huge mistake. Do you really think we need to trash kids like Joe Mixon for a single incident in his life?

The goody goody hypocrites like you would think differently if this happened to your son or daughter. Joe, was dismissed from the team for a full year. He had no access to any of the OU facilities for a year. He did several hundred hours of community service. Received a years worth of counseling and still does it. The last two and a half years of his life has been hell.

It's time to let him try to live a normal life.

I'll tell you what I think of your fans who taunted him during the game. They are classless Alabama redneck idiots with no good sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT