ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Okie!

Jun 9, 2008
By far the better team...I wished we'd had a QB and a plan to deal with you guys tonight. I hate your coach, but very well deserved win. Great class gentlemen!

Reactions: MikeNAustin
Hate our Coach? Not as much as I dislike yours calling a timeout with 2 seconds left in the game. What a douche. Why risk a player getting injured when the game was a blowout. Never had a problem with Gus until he did that. Booooo

Hate our Coach? Not as much as I dislike yours calling a timeout with 2 seconds left in the game. What a douche. Why risk a player getting injured when the game was a blowout. Never had a problem with Gus until he did that. Booooo

I think it has more to do with your coach playing a damn woman beater... but hey, that's just me. I didn't post to be an ass, I was just complimenting your team. Better team won the game.

I think it has more to do with your coach playing a damn woman beater... but hey, that's just me. I didn't post to be an ass, I was just complimenting your team. Better team won the game.
There's a whole thread about it. Whether you like it or not, Joe Mixon was suspended for a full year. He was sentenced in a court of law. He completed his sentence. He released the video. He apologized. Get your facts straight, and pull your head out of Gus's ass.

Posting doesn't make you an ass. Being you makes you an ass.

auburn to Bama is what osu is to us, little sisters that know not what they say because they are pretty much ignorant all the time about anything that comes out between their one front tooth. :eek:

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Look guys! Joe Mixon is not why Auburn lost the game... is it so hard to believe that someone doesn't like Bob Stoops? This is in NO WAY taking up for Gus Malzhan, You were better coached and that is a fact.

Reactions: theSeanDon
Look guys! Joe Mixon is not why Auburn lost the game... is it so hard to believe that someone doesn't like Bob Stoops? This is in NO WAY taking up for Gus Malzhan, You were better coached and that is a fact.

No but to come here saying you hate our Coach, a Coach that we are lucky to have is being an ass and as you say you did not come here to be one so why did you be one? Expecting we will not defend him on OUr board is just stupid.

Reactions: humblesooner
I'm very aware of that. There is a stable of running backs in Norman. Joe Mixon is one of them. There were four available to run the ball down your porous defensive throat, you know, like the way your cousin does with his game cock...

You can hate Bob Stoops all you want. Come here and do it and I WILL kick your ass all over this board until you wish you are Amelia Molitor...

Reactions: Medic007
I have no problem with any coach doing what Malzhan did to get a cosmetic score on the game's last play.
Stoops would have done the same thing, and on a least one occasion when his team was way ahead.
As for Stoops being disliked by other fan bases, who gives a schit ?

One of the best parts of a BS last 8 seconds (Gus called 2 timeouts inside of 8 seconds with his team behind 35-13) was Stoops walking to midfield to shake hands after Auburn scored the TD as time ran out.
It was like Stoops said "Because you are such an ass, I'm bringing my guys on to the field and not letting you even have a chance at point #20."
It was a low-class move by Malzahn calling the timeout with 8 seconds. It was multiplied when he called the second one with 2 seconds.
Very fortunate no one on either team got hurt on those two plays.
Hope Auburn cans him and hires someone with a little class.
If not, then Auburn gets what they deserve.

Reactions: Medic007
No way Bob Stoops would have called two timeouts in the last 8 seconds to score a meaningless td. He never has done that. It was classless for the Auburn coach to do that. Don't understand the reason on why he thought it was appropriate to do so other than to get the score closer to save his job.

How is Auburn trying to get a last second score "classless" ?
I can't think of a coach who wouldn't have done the same thing.
It's not like Malzhan had a 35-13 lead and did it.
I recall Switzer doing a similar "atrocity" in 1984 vs Kansas. Sooners had QB Bradley out with an injury and Mike Clopton was ineligible that day and some freshman named Aikman had to start. Trailing 28-3 with seconds left, OU scored a touchdown and made a 2-point conversion, with the final score being 28-11.
With all due respect.....and given OU's 9-9 record in its bowl appearances since 1999....get over it.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
I have no problem with any coach doing what Malzhan did to get a cosmetic score on the game's last play.
Stoops would have done the same thing, and on a least one occasion when his team was way ahead.
As for Stoops being disliked by other fan bases, who gives a schit ?
Exactly CT!!
The entire college football world does NOT think the way about Bob the way OU fans do. No reason for some OU fans to get butt hurt about it.

No way Bob Stoops would have called two timeouts in the last 8 seconds to score a meaningless td. He never has done that. It was classless for the Auburn coach to do that. Don't understand the reason on why he thought it was appropriate to do so other than to get the score closer to save his job.
Please tell us when Bob has had the ball inside the 5yd line at the end of a losing game?? The Auburn team had put the work in to get that close to a TD, why is it classless to put the team in a position to finish the drive they had already put the work in to get that close to the end zone??
HORRIBLE if the coach told the team, "hey guys I know you played your guts out to get inside the 5yd line, but lets just give up I don't care about your effort."

Ever think the TEAM maybe showed the coach they wanted to punch it in to finish the game????

Punching in a score on the last drive of a game is one thing. This is not quitting or giving up.
Calling two timeouts in the last 8 seconds of an ass kicking to accomplish is low class.
Wonder how many would have felt the same way if someone had blown out a knee on either of those competitive, unnecessary plays?

You weren't among the fans at Owen Stadium in 1972 when OU beat Oregon 68-3.....and booed Oregon for kicking a field goal in the 4th quarter to avoid a shutout, were you ?
I attended that game. A late FG kept a Dan Fouts and Russ Francis Oregon team from getting shutout.....a "classless", "sore loser" gesture that had the Sooner fans very upset.

You weren't among the fans at Owen Stadium in 1972 when OU beat Oregon 68-3.....and booed Oregon for kicking a field goal in the 4th quarter to avoid a shutout, were you ?
I attended that game. A late FG kept a Dan Fouts and Russ Francis Oregon team from getting shutout.....a "classless", "sore loser" gesture that had the Sooner fans very upset.
Nope. Did they call 2 timeouts in the final 8 seconds to kick it?

Reactions: humblesooner
You can bet that had OU been down 35-13 and called two timeouts in the last 8 seconds, we would be reading how great it was that Stoops plays hard until the very end and how he has a never-say-die team.
If that had happened, we'd (rightfully) be reading about how a chicken-turd TD in garbage time shouldn't be enough to save Stoops' job after getting his butt handed to him by an Allbarn team that simply isn't any good.

I think some are missing the point. I was not butthurt Gus called the timeouts even tho it was totally uncalled for. Someone mentioned Oregon kicked a field goal vs OU in he final seconds to avoid a shutout, Auburn had 13 on the board not 0, different thing in my opinion.
I defended Bob because the aubie said he didn't come here to be an ass but says he Hates OUR Coach and when I said I disliked Gus he comes back and says he hates Bob because he let a woman beater play last night. Does not take an ass to see what his true intentions were.

I think some are missing the point. I was not butthurt Gus called the timeouts even tho it was totally uncalled for. Someone mentioned Oregon kicked a field goal vs OU in he final seconds to avoid a shutout, Auburn had 13 on the board not 0, different thing in my opinion.
I defended Bob because the aubie said he didn't come here to be an ass but says he Hates OUR Coach and when I said I disliked Gus he comes back and says he hates Bob because he let a woman beater play last night. Does not take an ass to see what his true intentions were.
In all honesty, most of my "butthurt" was the fact that it was an hour and a half past my bedtime and I was not going to go early.
That turd made me stay up another 2-3 minutes. :D

You don't want to own it, but he is exactly why OU beat Auburn ass. The first two series Mixon did not play. No offense. Insert him the game. BOOM! I suspect he sat out because Stoops played the game of political correctness didn't want to lay claim to starting a player in the Sugar Bowl that hit a woman. Mixon has not been sideliend for the first two series all season. Mixon should have been issued the MVP of the Sugar Bowl as well. He didn't get it because of his past actions and not because of his play on the field. It won't be the last time he'll continue to pay the price for his past action that night 2 1/2 years ago. It's just a bit of more political correctness gone a muck with CFB.

To permantly define, even brand a young man according to his worst act is to call down a system of condemnation upon your own head.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

That which you sow, surely you will reap.

Best of luck to you. Now GTFO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT