ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Horns

Much better prepared....and I never thought Texas was without good talent even with its problems this year. Today proved it.
This is a big step forward to Strong's program and now he should have more time to see it through.

I almost cried for Charlie. Good man, but I still think he has trouble keeping his job. But at least for 2 weeks, he can sleep and rest a bit. You're never as bad as your worst loss, or as good as your greatest win. Texas still has the same problems, but they at least have something to get excited about.

Reactions: ut84
you can say that again. We had no business beating OU today. I'm at a loss for words.

Of course it doesn't really mean much if we lay an egg against KSU.

Anyone that thinks Texas doesn't have talent is crazy. I get tired of hearing poor recruiting, bad player evaluation, etc. The recruiting rankinga aren't wrong, They recruit better than most. They played up to their talent today and were better.

Reactions: iasooner1
You can't just look at recruiting rankings. You have to see how many of those guys are still on the team as Jr.s and Sr.s. For UT, that's not much. I don't think I've ever seen a team start 2 true freshman OLine. Ever. Last true freshman I can remember starting on the OLine for Texas was Dan Neil. He was a 4 year starter and all American. Not saying these guys will be like that, but it shows how empty the pantry was.

That's what's so impressive with what Briles is doing. They roll out a Jr. or RS Soph at QB every 2 years and it's just rinse and repeat. Never have to dip down to RS Freshman as Texas and OU have had to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT