ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson vs Syracuse

I am really shocked that Syracuse can hang with them.I think it shows that parity in college football is stronger than ever.As we saw last week in Norman

We do....and we know how dangerous Syracuse can be inside the Carrier Dome.
But two stinkers in a row by OU is cause for a concern.
I wonder how Clemson might have done had it not lost its QB.
Sooners have lost a QB several times and made it through the wringer. Clemson using this as an excuse can go weep...I hate Clemson just as much as the U.
They didn't look good anyway coming out of the shute.

Really? It's frickin Friday night, before OU-texASS and you Fockers are talking about Syracuse-Clemson? WTF?!?!?

Sorry V; I've hated the Cuse since the Nose vs Tulsa days in the NIT (you ever get close to that thing) ? Love their FB team for tonight though...

Well, to give you a little perspective on how big of a 'cuse fan I am, I rooted against them when they played KU for the NC back when they had Carmelo. I hate Jim Boeheim. Frankly, I don't pay much attention to them at all in any sport.

But tonight, I was a fan. :)

We do....and we know how dangerous Syracuse can be inside the Carrier Dome.
But two stinkers in a row by OU is cause for a concern.

I was referring to Alabama being beaten. I know it seems unlikely but it can happen when we least expect it. I understand your point though that it wasn't just one game where we stunk it up. Even Tulane had success on our defense.

According to Jerry Palm the loss was bad but not as bad as OU losing to ISU. WTH Palm are you basing that off the point spread?

Clemson will drop no lower than 7th in the next poll. Its a bad loss no matter how the idiot Palm wants to spell it

Clemson looked bad from the opening kickoff. They never led in the whole game and many on their team choked. Their FG kicker misses a chipshot for the lead 7 minutes left in the game.

The whole Clemson team looked bad.

Overrated.

What the Syracuse and Clemson game reveals, like so many other contemporary games, is how parity now is the face of college football.
No one could have predicted the Iowa State win or the Syracuse win. And there are many more to come.
For Oklahoma fans, this fact of life is painfully obvious.
It seems to me that Saban and Alabama have trumped parity by recruiting the best talent annually and developing and motivating it well. While this doesn't make Alabama totally bulletproof, it does take it to a higher level than other teams year in and year out.

What the Syracuse and Clemson game reveals, like so many other contemporary games, is how parity now is the face of college football.
No one could have predicted the Iowa State win or the Syracuse win. And there are many more to come.
It seems to me that Saban and Alabama have trumped parity by recruiting the best talent annually and developing and motivating it well. While this doesn't make Alabama totally bulletproof, it does take it to a higher level than other teams year in and year out.
I think he knows how to keep his team motivated, I believe is key to a win. Our defense is not motivated, no leader to keep them motivated. They can't rely on Mike Stoops as a leader.

Go listen to Saban's presser after their Chattanooga game last year and even his teams have games where they don't show up playing at a high level. It's impossible for a team to go an entire season and not have a bit of a down game. But Saban is huge on the mental game and keeping his team mentally prepared and mentally focused in the right direction. I think that's a big part of what sets Saban apart from other coaches.

While some of you can live your Sooner fandom through a Clemson loss, I can't. I won't. Our Sooners crapped their pants last week losing to friggin' ISU, a dog of at least 31 points and did so in Norman. No Syracuse win can erase this. None. My mantra is still FIRE MIKE STOOPS... I don't give a damn about a Syracuse win or a Clemson loss. My concern is the future of the Sooners. Carry on.

Boomer!

While some of you can live your Sooner fandom through a Clemson loss, I can't. I won't. Our Sooners crapped their pants last week losing to friggin' ISU, a dog of at least 31 points and did so in Norman. No Syracuse win can erase this. None. My mantra is still FIRE MIKE STOOPS... I don't give a damn about a Syracuse win or a Clemson loss. My concern is the future of the Sooners. Carry on.

Boomer!

Preach on WNS. If we lose to Texas today and score 38 while they score 41 I want them to leave Mike in Dallas and the players who refuse to give a rats ass about tackling

The upset losses don't erase the Sooners loss in my mind, or make it feel any less shitty because other teams are doing it too.

What I hope that it does and why it matters, is because OUr boys should see that all their goals are still available. Circle the wagons, get f****** mad and go blow Texas out of the water. Get your attitude back. Go play like you give a damn. Get better every week and get back to the team who started the season.

And throw the damn ball to Andrews!

If OU hadn't laid an egg we would be looking at a number 2 ranking with a victory tomorrow. Very interested to see how we look

OU’s defense is not even close to good enough for a run,sorry but it’s true.I really don’t think they are close to last years team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT