ADVERTISEMENT

can you imagine being stuck in the booth with Mike

He was shown on TV Saturday during the game, in just
a total meltdown. I don't know if he was going off on the guy
sitting next to him or just in general, but it appeared he blew
the back cylinder out of his A$$.

I think his meltdown was on the pass interference on Andrews when he was mugged in the middle of the field. The refs contended that the pass was not catchable.

I'm pretty sure it was the illegal substitution call when OU got caught running players onto the field when Texas had the ball 2 & 10. The broadcasters talked about how disorganized Mike's defense seemed. This was the Horn's last drive just before half time. Texas ended up kicking a FG. There may have been another shot of Mike going ape, and I may have missed it. Getting Mike upstairs and away from the players was smart.

I'm pretty sure it was the illegal substitution call when OU got caught running players onto the field when Texas had the ball 2 & 10. The broadcasters talked about how disorganized Mike's defense seemed. This was the Horn's last drive just before half time. Texas ended up kicking a FG. There may have been another shot of Mike going ape, and I may have missed it. Getting Mike upstairs and away from the players was smart.

Can't wait to watch the replay tonight. If I was in the coaches box with Mike, I'd be doing more screaming at Mike than him screaming at his players.

I think his meltdown was on the pass interference on Andrews when he was mugged in the middle of the field. The refs contended that the pass was not catchable.

No, the refs contended that they got their feet accidentally tangled up. Seriously.

And it was actually Geno Lewis. Just a mugging. Bob will get an apology from Walt on that one.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Just seeing his demeanor and not hearing it is enough for me. It appears he is mostly all screaming and no action.

I am being very honest, who would hire him? Looks like we are stuck with him. Too many schools saw his actions when he was at Arizona. With Bob and his defensive background along with Mike's why is our defense struggling?

I am being very honest, who would hire him? Looks like we are stuck with him. Too many schools saw his actions when he was at Arizona. With Bob and his defensive background along with Mike's why is our defense struggling?
Think of this as well. Prior to getting back on brother Bob's staff at OU, remember Mike was rumored to have interviewed with Urban Meyer at Ohio State in 2012. If Urban had hired Mike, does anyone actually believe he would still be employed up there if he had turned in the defensive turds like he has while at OU?? Urban would have dumped him after the first season or two of watching Mikes dumpster fire defense. And how many believe Urban Meyer would have been on board with Mike bringing along his homeboy Kish to Ohio State as well? Come to think of it...maybe that's why Urban never called Mike back when he found out Kish was part of the package deal.....
But no worry...Bob welcomed them both with open arms!!

Bob has him in a booth to hide his actions. When you scream and scream at players they eventually don't listen. Urban Meyers is successful for a reason. He is a good coach, and he hires good coaches. Nope, I am afraid we are stuck with him.

Reactions: Schoonerman
Bob has him in a booth to hide his actions. When you scream and scream at players they eventually don't listen. Urban Meyers is successful for a reason. He is a good coach, and he hires good coaches. Nope, I am afraid we are stuck with him.

I saw a snippet of an interview of Mike yesterday where Mike acknowledged that he is aware that fans aren't happy with him but he basically said fans don't have a clue. L'edMAO for a couple of hours. Just too funny.

No, the refs contended that they got their feet accidentally tangled up. Seriously.

And it was actually Geno Lewis. Just a mugging. Bob will get an apology from Walt on that one.

I have a texASS friend who was telling me It was an "uncatchable" ball, therefore no pass interference... Okay... Defensive holding, illegal contact... Whichever choice, it nullifies the interception...

Reactions: Schoonerman
If Mike thinks the fans have no clue, it seems he has no
clue either, when he has eleven defensive players
running around and not knowing where to line up
before the ball is snapped. And that's not just a time
or two during the game, but, much more during the game. [jmo]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT