ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Williams to announce

Five star RB Camar Wheaton from the Dallas area is an OU lean, with DeMarco Murray recruiting him. His videos are as impressive as any I've seen for a RB.
Wheaton's addition would be a recruiting "hat trick" for OU....a 5-star WB, RB and WR.

Hope that "WB" is a winner, because it HAS been 20 seasons without the big trophy coming home. I don't want BS II.

(first post in a while)

Proctor going to Ohio State hurt, but when you consider OU's situation with fielding even decent defenses at that time (2018), it's no wonder why Proctor went north.
That could be said of other players as well.
I think Grinch will change things.....I doubt if Beggs safety Kendal Daniels goes elsewhere....and getting cornerback Latrell McCutchin from Austin Texas was huge.
Jordan Mukes, the safety from Choctaw, at 6'4" 192 lbs. will be one to watch either at safety or linebacker if and when he beefs up.

Reactions: iasooner1
Hope that "WB" is a winner, because it HAS been 20 seasons without the big trophy coming home. I don't want BS II.

(first post in a while)
My reference to "WB" was not about Wheaton and it was meant to be "QB" for Caleb Williams but I hit the "W" button instead of the "Q" button.
It was about three recruits: Wheaten-Caleb Williams-Mario Williams who are all 5 star recruits and who would be a nice trio to get in one class if Wheaton comes on board.
For the record, I know the wingback position went out of OU's offenses after the 1969 season and the early part of 1970 when the wishbone was installed after the Oregon State loss three games into the season.
OU did use on some occasions, similar formations since 1969, but Eddie Hinton was really the last true WB (1966-68).

Reactions: iasooner1
Proctor ‘18
Hill ‘19
Daniels ‘21

Announcing 8/1, and that came as a total surprise to OU

Doesn’t sound promising

It's looking like aTm has the edge.

The 3 best defensive prospects out of Oklahoma, in 4 years. Going out of state, to continue their football careers.

That's not a good look, especially at DB. A position we've been in desperate need. I'm positive we could've used, Proctor and Hill, last year.

The Aggy boards are saying, aTm, is leading because they want him as a safety. OU is recruiting him as a LB. Clemson recruiting him as a safety, nickel and rush edge. All he wants to play is safety.
Plus aTm, thinks they will get Burris. That one really hurts.

But there's still hope. Lincoln put up the googley eyes today

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT