ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Williams to announce

8085sooner

Sooner signee
Sep 10, 2008
The 4th of July, is the date.

A bunch of high value targets, have been posting a hotdog emoji. The symbol for the 4th of July.

The 4th just might end up being the greatest commitment day in OU history.

Reactions: BillyRay
We can hope.

I read about a month ago, that we were likely to have a four commitment day. We did get two, but over the years, about the time we get excited in May or June about a couple of hotshot recruits, we end up losing a couple later, after they've committed, or they delay, then end up elsewhere.

I still enjoy hearing what's going on. But getting excited about high school guys during the summer, is a lot less reason for excitement, than on signing day.

We've had three Heisman stage guys in the last three seasons, with two winners. None of them committed to OU as hs guys. I will be as excited as you, if we have a great commitment day on July 4. But chicken counting time these days is in December.

Reactions: 8085sooner
He'd be our highest ranked recruit to potentially commit since AD. I hope we all get to enjoy a nice a Red, White, & Blue Day mixed with some Crimson too.

Williams, us tearing it up at the Elite 11. Nobody was even close.

Justin Fields was the only player, close to him. And he still beat him in the Rail competition.

July will be a memorable month for OU recruiting. There are two stud running backs in Texas considering OU....Camar Wheaten and LJ Johnson.
I'm wondering now if the 2020 freshmen class gets redshirted if 2020 is a washout or if the season is reduced to conference games only.

8pm CT, on CBS live streaming.

I think it might be on his Twitter feed as well

I wonder if the others will wait a day or commit, mediately following?

Five star RB Camar Wheaton from the Dallas area is an OU lean, with DeMarco Murray recruiting him. His videos are as impressive as any I've seen for a RB.
Wheaton's addition would be a recruiting "hat trick" for OU....a 5-star QB, RB and WR.

Last edited:
I want that kid from Beggs. Combine him with the commit from Texarkana and we are talking prototypical Grinch recruits.

Will he play safety or LB? We need strong safeties but they keep growing out of the position.

The Beggs kid is, 6'4. Hopefully he stays a safety. The kid is a gamer. I hear both Clemson and LSU, have him as a top priority.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1
His name is Kendal Daniels, the 6'4" safety from Beggs.
My guess is he will be around 195 lbs as a Sooner and will remain a safety.

He's set his commitment date. Aug 1st. I think it down to us and Clemson.

ADVERTISEMENT