ADVERTISEMENT

Browns hire Briles...

Surprised he took the job with the lowly Browns. I thought he'd hold out for a HC job in college after the season becuase you know someone out there would take a chance on him. Maybe not a big-time program like LSU, texas, etc., but someone would give him an interview.

Surprised he took the job with the lowly Browns. I thought he'd hold out for a HC job in college after the season becuase you know someone out there would take a chance on him. Maybe not a big-time program like LSU, texas, etc., but someone would give him an interview.

He's not expected to be with them long, just a temporary POSition....

He's not expected to be with them long, just a temporary POSition....

I didn't read the articles, but that is what was reported on the radio yesterday.
They called him a guest coach.
Almost sounded like it could be a one day or one week deal.
They did say he was wearing Browns gear.
Wonder how his spread offense relates to the Pro-style offenses?
With all the ex-Baylor players there, maybe the Browns are going to change to the offense that they were all successful with.

I didn't read the articles, but that is what was reported on the radio yesterday.
They called him a guest coach.
Almost sounded like it could be a one day or one week deal.
They did say he was wearing Browns gear.
Wonder how his spread offense relates to the Pro-style offenses?
With all the ex-Baylor players there, maybe the Browns are going to change to the offense that they were all successful with.

Maybe he's there as a consultant for covering up sexual misconduct by wayward Cleveland players.

Maybe he was just taking the browns to the Super Bowl, aka dropping the kids off at the pool. I would bet he is at some University coaching next season, maybe Kentucky or Louisville when Petrino heads to LSU. Alabama is starting to use the spread a little more and more and I can see an $EC school wanting his services, Petrino's as well even tho they both have baggage its the $EC, arkie fans would take Petrino back in a heartbeat and most were violently upset when he was fired as were baylor fans when Briles was let go. Look for Briles Jr to leave Baylor and join poppa when it happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT