ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING...Mixon Coming Back ????

Thanks for the link, Billy. I don't know if I totally agree with Bob's explanation. I can't get past his point that "today" is any different than 2 1/2 years ago. He didn't explain exactly why it's that much different. It just sounded like he realized he made a mistake but didn't want to just come out and say so. That was about as tough a presser he's ever done. I know he was glad to get it over with, and I hope he doesn't have address the subject again. The media won't let die soon enough for me, but if I were Bob I wouldn't discuss it anymore and just refer everyone that asks back to this press conference.

I only got bits and pieces of it, but I think it's clear that what Bob was getting at, is that because of the incidents involving college athletes and young women becoming such an issue since Bob and Co. initially handled this, that perception due to public outcry and media scrutiny, has pushed any such transgression into the realm of "irredeemable". Ultimately resulting in zero second chances because the strain of criticism is at an all time high.

Had Bob booted Joe 2 years ago I would have stood behind him, because I believe Bob is genuine in his intentions to help these young men. Having seen the video now and learning the facts, I stand behind Bob's intial reaction and resulting punishments. Bob didn't protect a habitual woman beater. He chose to guide a young man to the path of becoming a better man who won't repeat his mistakes.

Billy, can you post the video from Trevor off espn? I totally agree with your post. Well said.
This the vid you were talking about?? Posting vids is easy man. Just copy the Youtube addy, then click on the "media" icon in the reply toolbar and then paste the address in it. Easy peasy....japaneesy....;)

edit...god almighty didn't notice that PtLava beat me too it!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT