ADVERTISEMENT

BoR Agenda for March ... Phase I stadium, new hires ...

Eddie_Rado

Sooner starter
Staff
Jan 30, 2011
OU Board of Regents Agenda for its March meetings was just posted and it does include talk on Phase 1 of renovation to Gaylord Family ... Here's a link to the entire document ... (stadium info starting on Page 142 and listed as Agenda Item No. 19 for University of Oklahoma)

'President Boren recommends the Board of Regents ...

I. Approve the design development phase plans for the south end zone intial phase of the Gaylord Family- Oklahoma Memorial Stadium project

'The estimated project cost for this initial phase of construsction is approximately $160 million. Funding for this project phase has been indetified and is available from Athletics Department capital funds, bond funds, and other sources.

Here's more on what will be encompassed in Phase I (or proposed):

* The south stadium work, which comprises the initial construction phase, includes adding new seating at the southeast and southwest corners of the stadium to complete the seating bowl.

* An expanded concourse, additional restrooms, and new concession areas will support the additional
seating.

* Two large fan plazas within the south seating bowl will also be constructed for use by all fans. Work at the south end zone of the stadium includes the creation of offices and support spaces for the football coaching and support staff; a new football team locker room, restroom/shower facility and therapy pools.

* New football team meeting rooms;

* NEW football team equipment room and laundry facilities;

* NEW strength and conditioning and sports medicine facilities serving all student-athletes;

* 22 new suites

* 58 new loge boxes with seating to accommodate approximately 300 persons

* approximately 2,000 new club seats

* 2 new clubs for patrons seated in the new suites, loge boxes and club seats

* NEW Sooner Vision video board and sound system serving the entire stadium

Sooooo ... in a nutshell the BoR will approve plans for the south side renovations, which will be called Phase I. Exciting stuff. We'll be covering the Board of Regents next week as well ... believe all of this will be covered at the meeting on Wednesday.

This post was edited on 3/6 4:13 PM by Eddie_Rado

This post was edited on 3/6 4:13 PM by Eddie_Rado

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.