ADVERTISEMENT

Big-Time, Big Money OU Boosters

fortworth4ou2

Sooner signee
Jun 22, 2015
Cliff Brunt, AP Sports Writer, reports OU boosters Jim Ross and Wallis Marsh - both allies of Bob Stoops at the present - admit there are grumblings amongst other boosters as to the serious potential for a coaching change in Norman. The Les Miles firing has opened the door to such consideration.

If we look unimpressive against TCU and lose to Texas, those grumblings are bound to intensify and gain legs. Imagine OU going 1-4 the season after making the playoffs. Ouch!

Trouble may be a brewing.

Boomer Sooner

Cliff Brunt, AP Sports Writer, reports OU boosters Jim Ross and Wallis Marsh - both allies of Bob Stoops at the present - admit there are grumblings amongst other boosters as to the serious potential for a coaching change in Norman. The Les Miles firing has opened the door to such consideration.

If we look unimpressive against TCU and lose to Texas, those grumblings are bound to intensify and gain legs. Imagine OU going 1-4 the season after making the playoffs. Ouch!

Trouble may be a brewing.

Boomer Sooner

Well, cheer up.
'It's nothing to get hung about, strawberry fields forever'. :rolleyes:

Fire David Shaw from Stanford. Losing 30-0 to Washington with a couple of minutes in the third............. Fire um all!....................HA!

Nana nana boo boo, pockets full of poo poo...

Now, in my line of thinking... One with sense will change his pants while trying not to get crap all over their hands... A retard will play with it, smear it on the windows, and wonder why his hands are stinky...

There are many in the media that like to think they are smart, yet don't even begin to realize their hands smell like crap...

Switzer had his reasons for calling them fiction writers...

The real trouble begins if Stoops has had enough and decides to move on.
IF Bob should decide to move on, it's very probable that he'd have a REAL Battle on his hands at Home... His Twin Sons seem to be making some Football News of their own, and are likely to have quite a bit of resistance to turning in their jerseys and starting over, at a new school. They are juniors, and have another year at Norman North. That might be his 'Tipping Point', and his personal deadline for making a change...

Bob Stoops has to fire the brother. He will not turn it around until he does. Too much baggage.

Has there ever been a season under Stoops.....aside from the injury-riddled 2009 season that saw Bradford (in game 1) and Gresham (August drills) injured, among many others....that OU has been this short on proven and experienced players ?
There's clearly a good nucleus of players in Perine, Mayfield, Mixon, Andrews, Westbrook, Brown, Flowers on offense, but on defense, no one has really stepped up, especially at linebacker and in the secondary.
There is young talent already on the roster from the 2015 class (13, 4-stars), the 2016 class (8, 4-stars, plus 5-star Caleb Kelly) and the 2017 class coming in February is (so far) ranked among the top five classes (14, 4-stars).
So there's help on the way, but the two classes already here just haven't matured yet to maintain the desired level of play.
Stoops and his staff can fairly or unfairly be blamed for the slow start, but one has to consider the lack of a deep and proven roster as well....which can be put on the coaches' shoulders to some degree.

That's good. I guess you laugh when we get beat. Oh well, life goes on

Your suggestion that BV replaces MS puts me in the awkward position to ask you a question.

Do you know BV used to be a Co-DC at OU and was fired?

The reason I ask is, your suggestion that BV replaces MS sounds like someone who doesn't know that BV used to be a Co-DC at OU, and was fired.

If that is the case, then you're excused. If not, I'll just laugh.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
If Stoops goes, If, what about Brent Ventables? If he stops Lamar Jackson, he will be the hottest commodity out there.
I'd prefer an offensive-minded HC since the offenses in college football are clearly ahead of the defenses. We could get a quality DC since we keep bringing in 4-star defensive talent year after year.

Boomer Sooner

I'd prefer an offensive-minded HC since the offenses in college football are clearly ahead of the defenses. We could get a quality DC since we keep bringing in 4-star defensive talent year after year.

Boomer Sooner

I thought he was suggesting BV replace Mike. If he is talking Bob, then that's off-the-charts funny.

Your suggestion that BV replaces MS puts me in the awkward position to ask you a question.

Do you know BV used to be a Co-DC at OU and was fired?

The reason I ask is, your suggestion that BV replaces MS sounds like someone who doesn't know that BV used to be a Co-DC at OU, and was fired.

If that is the case, then you're excused. If not, I'll just laugh.
I knew that, but who is to say it was Brent and not Bob that should have been gone. Just saying. They sure kicked our ass twice in a row in bowl games. It suited him well since he is making so much more money.

BrentV did not get fired. He decided he didn't want to take essentially a demotion to cater to Bob bringing his brother back that he decided to take up Swinney's offer to come to Clemson. And I doubt BrentV looks at how things turned out and regrets it. It was prolly the best career decision he made for himself.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
BrentV did not get fired. He decided he didn't want to take essentially a demotion to cater to Bob bringing his brother back that he decided to take up Swinney's offer to come to Clemson. And I doubt BrentV looks at how things turned out and regrets it. It was prolly the best career decision he made for himself.

I agree with most everything you said here. But how many times over the years have you seen the memo where so-and-so "has resigned to pursue other interests"? It's called "saving face" and is the professional way to get fired.

I'm not gonna promote BrentV as being a sure shot great head coach, but at the same time I'm not sure how anyone can question what kind of head coach he could be either. You never know, the guy could get a gig someplace and end up being damn successful running his own program. I'm curious as to the people who laugh at the idea of BrentV being a head coach, what are you basing it on?

Reactions: Huntin Hard
I agree with most everything you said here. But how many times over the years have you seen the memo where so-and-so "has resigned to pursue other interests"? It's called "saving face" and is the professional way to get fired.
Your version may have some validity if there had been some "downtime" between BrentV leaving OU, and taking the Clemson job. It was being reported he was talking with Clemson about the DC job, while Mike Stoops was saying publicly he was excited to get out on the recruiting trail with BrentV. It's not like BrentV left OU, then days/weeks later he got hired at Clemson. All other coaches that Bob DID FIRE, that's how it went down. It was literally he was on Bob's staff one day, then the next it was announced he was leaving OU and going to Clemson. And I don't blame the guy one bit. If I were in his shoes in that situation I would bolt for something else also.

I think Kyle Whittingham at Utah looks good
He has connections to California and the polynesian pipeline. Has good back ground so far. Just thinking. I hope Bob can put this team on his back. Time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT