ADVERTISEMENT

BIG Game Saturday

PryorFan

Sooner starter
Dec 26, 2004
Coach Stoops, time for you to have your Team prepared to win one. It's been a while. Boomer Sooner

A big game for sure and against a team I believe to be better than OU.....and against an OU team that I consider to be a work in process right now.
The OU team you're seeing now could easily lose 2-3 of its first 5 games and then come together in late October and into November to very good. I say this because the roster is loaded with raw, young talent everywhere that can play at a much higher level as the season wears on.

Loved seeing a lot of different receivers getting out there and making catches. The pressure is dialed up on those guys, and they have the potential to be the most diverse since the Jason White days rather than the past decade of go-to guys like Shepard, Saunders and Broyles.

If anyone watched the Ohio State game, I was shocked to see them struggle on offense. They really struggled running the ball in the first half against Tulsa. I gotta say it gave me a little more hope going into this Saturday's game especially it being at home.

For anyone that was at the game against ULM, how was the added noise from the closed bowl? Is it going to be a big boost against Ohio St, or is it comparable to the past?

Been hearing from OSU fans that their O-Line may be less experienced than OU's.
Tulsa was hanging right with the Buckeyes until a poor decision by the TU staff right before half time.
After running the ball on first down (in a driving rain), the commentators commented that OSU was going to force Tulsa to throw the ball.
It's like the TU coaches heard what they said and proceeded to throw two more passes, with the last one being intercepted and returned for a TD.
Had Tulsa run the ball twice, there would likely have been less than 20 seconds left when they punted.
I know the deep snap, punt, return all could have gone bad with the weather they had.
But it would not have been any worse than the wounded duck that slipped out of the QBs hands.
Tulsa had just given up their first TD of the half to OSU. I think the Pick 6 just killed their spirit and they folded after the lengthy rain delay.
We have to come out Saturday and punch their offense in the mouth. Those who are fortunate enough to be able to attend, must be LOUD!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT