ADVERTISEMENT

Fox Big Noon Kickoff

Tough game. OU will have to play significantly better than last week. This is homecoming for Kansas, they’ve had two weeks to prepare, and when they are clicking on all cylinders like their 51-22 demolition of UCF on Oct. 7, they’re hard to beat.

Basically, they're undefeated at home, and this will be their best crowd and a 2 week preparation. They have everything going for them. It will take almost as much effort as the RRR.

Since Venables has restored OU to its vintage self, which usually means the Sooners get better as the season goes on, I expect OU to be primed and ready regardless of KU’s effort.
OU players are recruited to play and win their share of big games.
And after two gut checks, I expect a good effort and a win on Saturday.
I say this knowing the remainder of the season will be challenging, but feeling this team has the motivation to finish strong.

When I consider all that's happened since Riley left, I believe Venables, his staff and team have proven themselves enough to show that OU is on track to being SEC and CFP worthy.
There is still work to do however and possible challenges are looming but no one should second guess Venables' work so far, given that he's still dealing with a team in transition.

When I consider all that's happened since Riley left, I believe Venables, his staff and team have proven themselves enough to show that OU is on track to being SEC and CFP worthy.
There is still work to do however and possible challenges are looming but no one should second guess Venables' work so far, given that he's still dealing with a team in transition.
I don't think a one here is doubting Brent's influence thus far ct. In fact, from what I gather, folks round here are giddy. Including me.

BOOMER!

Kansas historically has defeated two of OU's better teams;
1975...#2 OU had 8 turnovers (4 oskies and 4 fumbles) and had no answer for QB Nolan Cromwell, in a 23-3 loss.
1984...#2 OU, having tied Texas two weeks earlier and playing without QB Danny Bradley, with an Ill-prepared freshman named Troy Aikman, lost 28-11, allowed only a cosmetic touchdown to OU in the closing minutes.
And in 1978, OU narrowly escaped an upset winning 17-16, stopping KU's two point PAT in the closing minutes.
And in 1967, OU scored 14 points to overcome a 10-0 deficit in the final quarter, with Warmack hitting Zabel for 29 yards during a long drive in the closing minutes to win 14-10 and secure an Orange Bowl berth.
Anything can happen on Saturday, but I like OU's chances because I believe Venables will have his team motivated and ready.

1975...#2 OU had 8 turnovers (4 oskies and 4 fumbles) and had no answer for QB Nolan Cromwell, in a 23-3 loss.
1984...#2 OU, having tied Texas two weeks earlier and playing without QB Danny Bradley, with an Ill-prepared freshman named Troy Aikman, lost 28-11, allowed only a cosmetic touchdown to OU in the closing minutes.
And in 1978, OU narrowly escaped an upset winning 17-16, stopping KU's two point PAT in the closing minutes.
And in 1967, OU scored 14 points to overcome a 10-0 deficit in the final quarter, with Warmack hitting Zabel for 29 yards during a long drive in the closing minutes to win 14-10 and secure an Orange Bowl berth.
Anything can happen on Saturday, but I like OU's chances because I believe Venables will have his team motivated and ready.
This is an intense season for all of us ct.
I'm frickin optimistic my man. 😁

I'm hearing Daniels won't play which helps our chances. He's an excellent QB but I don't know much about his backup.

I'm hearing Daniels won't play which helps our chances. He's an excellent QB but I don't know much about his backup.
Jason Bean; he’s been their QB the last 2 times they’ve played us. He’s not quite Daniels as a passer, but he’s one fast son of a gun. We’d do very well to maintain rush lane discipline.

I feared they might catch the flu that UCF was dealing with last week. They had 13 players get shots pregame and still damn near beat us. Kansas offense is a concern. And they're perfect at home so far this season.

The wet weather won't help.

2021 might have also been on to that list, had it not been for this miracle play.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I feared they might catch the flu that UCF was dealing with last week. They had 13 players get shots pregame and still damn near beat us. Kansas offense is a concern. And they're perfect at home so far this season.

The wet weather won't help.

Both teams have to play in the same weather. Heard Ikard say the other day that everyone needs to be dialed in, even the ball boy. He said he used to ask for a dry ball after every snap in wet weather. Whatever it takes he said then went on to say that may be hard to do with OU's tempo.

This needs to be the coming out party of our O-Line. They need to dominate from the first play and set the tone. Run the damn ball. Run it more. Keep running until we destroy their will to live.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT