ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor QB Seth Russell out for season.....

Is there some inside joke that I am not privy to here?
It seems to be one insult after another.

:shrug:

I suspect that the majority of posters here, prefer fitty's posting, the the constant negativity of BR, and BW and especially Yankees. They seem to complain frequently about wanting to talk football, but they really don't talk football. They just choose a new object of blame each week. Sometimes, even after we win by five touchdowns.

And when we don't play well, they ind three coaches to blame for player mistakes. They view it as being honest. But one in particular has no idea what the truth is, so he cannot be honest. Mostly, he just rants, then picks a fight with those who really do want to talk about football, with some understanding of what is actually going on.

When fitty gets tired of it, like several of us, he takes them on. I think most of us think they deserve more than he's giving them. I've had that same role but have eased up a little just from teh tiresome nature of Y's stupidity. But it doesn't seem to stop him. Then he resorts to dredging up all kinds of name calling.

Hang in there fitty. Most of the board is pulling for your efforts.

Backup QB's are rarely plug-n-play as starters. Even if he is special, that is a big change for the other starters to adjust to. There will most certainly be a drop off in offensive production. But they'll still be tough to beat. Even before Russell went down, I thought we have a chance.

I suspect that the majority of posters here, prefer fitty's posting, the the constant negativity of BR, and BW and especially Yankees. They seem to complain frequently about wanting to talk football, but they really don't talk football. They just choose a new object of blame each week. Sometimes, even after we win by five touchdowns.

And when we don't play well, they ind three coaches to blame for player mistakes. They view it as being honest. But one in particular has no idea what the truth is, so he cannot be honest. Mostly, he just rants, then picks a fight with those who really do want to talk about football, with some understanding of what is actually going on.

When fitty gets tired of it, like several of us, he takes them on. I think most of us think they deserve more than he's giving them. I've had that same role but have eased up a little just from teh tiresome nature of Y's stupidity. But it doesn't seem to stop him. Then he resorts to dredging up all kinds of name calling.

Here comes the human crying machine

What's funny is you actually believe everything you just posted too.

Reactions: Yankees03
Backup QB's are rarely plug-n-play as starters. Even if he is special, that is a big change for the other starters to adjust to. There will most certainly be a drop off in offensive production. But they'll still be tough to beat. Even before Russell went down, I thought we have a chance.
Well..in this case I wish OU were playing them next Saturday!! The more weekends this new QB has to get on par with the rest of his offense, the worse for OU. Let's hope the kid is still far from figuring it out when OU goes to Waco.

Fitty on a serious note and if you have no one else to talk to you can email me....I promise not to judge and I will be civil. Just letting u know

I agree I would be
BTW, a man that doesn't curse every now and then isn't a man...just so you know.
BTW, a man that doesn't curse every now and then isn't a man...just so you know.

One of the most Godly'iest (sp) - nicest of men - most intelligent man that I know is my Father in Law. In over 30 years I have NEVER heard him cuss or say a bad thing about another person.

Last edited:
Well..in this case I wish OU were playing them next Saturday!! The more weekends this new QB has to get on par with the rest of his offense, the worse for OU. Let's hope the kid is still far from figuring it out when OU goes to Waco.

Baylor is off this week. They have one game to play before Oklahoma.

Reactions: BillyRay
I agree I would be

One of the most Godly'iest (sp) - nicest of men - most intelligent man that I know is my Father in Law. In over 30 years I have NEVER heard him cuss or so a bad thing about enough another person.

Same with my step-dad who passed away last night. I wish I were half the man he was...............

Reactions: MdSooner#1
Baylor will still be tough to stop. But less tough than last week. They are great at receiver and terrrific at running back. And we still have to figure out how to defend a 380 pound tight end with good hands.

Their D is underrated, but their best defensive player missed the ISU game. He might be harder for them to replace than their quarterback. They play again in 10 days and then have 9 between that and OUr trip to Waco. Guarantee that they will be spending some practice time on us for a couple of days.

They will be a tough out.

First, some of you folks need to take a self-imposed timeout. Stop acting like idiots.

Secondly, Baylor has a very productive 'system', but personnel always matter! Especially at QB. Chemistry is hard to fabricate, so it will be interesting to see how the freshman fits in to the offense.

Baylor's WRs are legit, but if we can slow down the decision making at QB, then forcing them into a timing based offense can be defensively schemed against.

Sorry to be tardy to the party but I was busy getting drunk and playing video games...

...but now that I've gotten that out of the way for the day, I'm ready to stand next to fitty and slap some of the stupid out of the Dunce Brothers (boy that could be an exercise in futility). I see Yank Me has the "repeat insult" machine fired up calling fitty drunk over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over. Don't confuse sincerity with stupidity. He really just can't think of anything else to say. Anybody got any 'flowers for algernon'?

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Interesting stats for Baylor's offensive exploits up to the K-State game. They have faced lousy defenses...really lousy ones. One FCS school in Lamar...and the 121, 107, 113, 126, 127 rated FBS defenses (out of 127). They also whooped up on WV which has fallen to 71 without their top defensive player Karl Joseph. So all the Baylor hooplah..is shined pot metal.​

Interesting stats for Baylor's offensive exploits up to the K-State game. They have faced lousy defenses...really lousy ones. One FCS school in Lamar...and the 121, 107, 113, 126, 127 rated FBS defenses (out of 127). They also whooped up on WV which has fallen to 71 without their top defensive player Karl Joseph. So all the Baylor hooplah..is shined pot metal.​

Well, as Art Briles was quoted "We are a well rested team". No wonder with that schedule..............

You'd also have to wonder if the Bears will cut back on the quarterback run a little with the risk of their number two guy.

That would be wise. Unless Briles is concerned the impact to offensive production is too great and decides to roll the dice.

One of the reasons that Bob cut back on the spread after 2003, was how much of a beating his quarterbacks were enduring.

It's interesting that on the best rushing game of the season, the offense looked a lot more like last year than it has all season. We used a lot of two back sets against Tech, that included a running back plus a fullback, to the extent then Dimitri FLowers was named one of the offensive players of the game by BStoops. And we played Perine and Mixon together a lot.

It's one reason why the running game was such a big deal. We also rolled Mayfield more than usual. The Air Raid doesn't use much of either. My guess is that we'll see a lot more of that against in Lawrence. It just seems to suit our personnel better.

I really like one thing about this season. The two receiver coaches, one of whom I believe is our best asst coach, have made such a big impression on the receivers to value their blocking effort. It's a big part of how you have 400 rushing yards.

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
I was reading a long list of comments on Facebook by Baylor fans concerning the situation going forward. Lots of spiked Kool Aid being consumed down there in Waco.

Our 3rd string backup QB is better than 90% of all college QB's.
Oklahoma and TCU's backup QB's lost their starting jobs because they are no good. (huh?)
Our chance to win the national championship is unchanged.
I trust in Briles. (One would think Briles is their new QB based on the # of times I read this).
Oklahoma, OSU and TCU are going to get killed.

Well, I'm no KCtornado, but I think these unseasoned folks have a big dose of hard reality coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: KCtornado
I was reading a long list of comments on Facebook by Baylor fans concerning the situation going forward. Lots of spiked Kool Aid being consumed down there in Waco.

"Our backup QBs are better than 90% of all college QB's"
"Oklahoma and TCU's backup QB's lost their starting jobs because they are no good" (huh?)
"No change. Our chance to win the national championship is unchanged".
"I trust in Briles" (One would think Briles is their new QB based on the # of times I read this).
"Oklahoma and TCU are going to get killed"

Well, I'm no KCtornado, but I think these unseasoned folks have a big dose of hard reality coming.
Lol, good to see those Baylor clowns are now acting like most all college football fans these days. I can't lie, I've been guilty of thinking some of those things over the years when OU lost players to either injury, or graduating/exhausting eligibility. But over the years, you learn that losing players your team does in fact take steps back. I really dearly want OU to go down there and stomp a mudhole in their egos.
S22, where on Facebook are you reading these comments? Or are they just friends who are Baylor fans??

Reactions: Sooners83
Billy, go to Baylor Athletics and Baylor Nation for starters. I know you're tough, but you won't last 2 minutes.

"I'm not nervous. I'm pumped up!" :confused:

:eek: "The only problem Baylor is going to have is who starts for TCU after Stidham has torched K-State OU and OSU."

Lol, nah I'm not gonna get into any back and forth with all those internet tough guys. Just wanna bookmark those pages so I can read the reactions after OU kicks their asses. ;)

Asked me a week ago about OU kicking Baylor's asses...and I prolly would have given a politician style "dodge" type answer...lol :p

Lol, nah I'm not gonna get into any back and forth with all those internet tough guys. Just wanna bookmark those pages so I can read the reactions after OU kicks their asses. ;)

Asked me a week ago about OU kicking Baylor's asses...and I prolly would have given a politician style "dodge" type answer...lol :p
i hate to see anyone get hurt tho,id rather see the sooners play baylor at full strength.

Case Mccoy and Heard are 2. I can go back further if you like.
James Brown and Peter Gardere both beat us as Freshmen and played pretty well doing it. The fact is you never know if the guy coming off the bench is better than the guy starting ahead of him on the roster. Anybody remember what Barry Switzer said about how he hoped Thurman Thomas didn't get hurt for the bedlam game because the guy on the bench (Barry Sanders) was better? And he wasn't wrong either.

Reactions: BillyRay
One of the reasons that Bob cut back on the spread after 2003, was how much of a beating his quarterbacks were enduring.

It's interesting that on the best rushing game of the season, the offense looked a lot more like last year than it has all season. We used a lot of two back sets against Tech, that included a running back plus a fullback, to the extent then Dimitri FLowers was named one of the offensive players of the game by BStoops. And we played Perine and Mixon together a lot.

It's one reason why the running game was such a big deal. We also rolled Mayfield more than usual. The Air Raid doesn't use much of either. My guess is that we'll see a lot more of that against in Lawrence. It just seems to suit our personnel better.

I really like one thing about this season. The two receiver coaches, one of whom I believe is our best asst coach, have made such a big impression on the receivers to value their blocking effort. It's a big part of how you have 400 rushing yards.

That's a very good point - one I meant to post a couple of days ago. As a group, our receivers excel at downfield blocking.

Reactions: K2C Sooner

We ran the "spread" or some slight variation for almost every year I recall starting in 1999, so not sure I follow. At least until Bob decided to focus primarily on the zone read for 2 years. Talk about getting your QB beaten up.

I noticed something similar about the offensive formations this weekend as well. "Assumed" it was more about taking advantage of Tech's weakness....stopping the run.

I thought it was obvious that we've basically been running a hybrid of the zone read and the spread...a lot like last year...all season. Biggest difference is we have Shepard and a couple of other options we didn't have last year. Kids that run their routes and catch the ball...most of the time. :)

James Brown and Peter Gardere both beat us as Freshmen and played pretty well doing it. The fact is you never know if the guy coming off the bench is better than the guy starting ahead of him on the roster. Anybody remember what Barry Switzer said about how he hoped Thurman Thomas didn't get hurt for the bedlam game because the guy on the bench (Barry Sanders) was better? And he wasn't wrong either.

Yeah Great memory.

During the pregame locker room speech:

And please, for the love of god, do not hurt Thurman Thomas.

I will say this - Thurman Thomas should have been the MVP in that super bowl. Even though the Bills lost

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT