ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor coach should be fired

Gramps, there is already a thread about this.

But this is about a lot more than Briles. The university lowered scholarship money FOR RAPE VICTIMS and made one of them change HER SCHEDULE, because the guy under indictment for rape shared a tutoring schedule with her.

They did the same thing to another rape victive of another football player.

The firings here should start with the DA's office in McClennan county. They helped cover this up. As did the administration at Baylor.

There is a stench at Baylor. It goes back to Dave Bliss and hasn't gone away. There is a corruption of this school that proclaims itself to be Christian, that ought to make those who love Baylor, do some serious thinking. I guess they thought that if he was found not guilty, that they could play him. Baylor had the dirtiest team in the conference last year and it wasn't close.

I doubt this will cost Briles his job. But it damn sure ought to cost his boss, or his boss's boss, his.

Reactions: JConXtsy
Gramps, there is already a thread about this.

But this is about a lot more than Briles. The university lowered scholarship money FOR RAPE VICTIMS and made one of them change HER SCHEDULE, because the guy under indictment for rape shared a tutoring schedule with her.

They did the same thing to another rape victive of another football player.

The firings here should start with the DA's office in McClennan county. They helped cover this up. As did the administration at Baylor.

There is a stench at Baylor. It goes back to Dave Bliss and hasn't gone away. There is a corruption of this school that proclaims itself to be Christian, that ought to make those who love Baylor, do some serious thinking. I guess they thought that if he was found not guilty, that they could play him. Baylor had the dirtiest team in the conference last year and it wasn't close.

I doubt this will cost Briles his job. But it damn sure ought to cost his boss, or his boss's boss, his.
Sorry didn't know there was another post.

Gramps, I was wrong. I'd just read the thread about the issue here, but it was on the premium board. You post was original over here.

This is going to get interesting. Apparently, the victim was on a girls' soccer scholarship at Baylor. So when her scholarship money was reduced, that was done by the Baylor athletic department. This will be a large story nationally. Briles is going to be under heavy fire I suspect, as will the university as a whole. I feel great sadness for this young woman.

Because the university as a whole, and the McCLennan DA's and Waco PD's handling of this smells of protecting the football player, at the expense of the young woman, this is the kind of case where Gloria Allred gets involved. I hope they throw the book at this guy.

Gramps, I was wrong. I'd just read the thread about the issue here, but it was on the premium board. You post was original over here.

This is going to get interesting. Apparently, the victim was on a girls' soccer scholarship at Baylor. So when her scholarship money was reduced, that was done by the Baylor athletic department. This will be a large story nationally. Briles is going to be under heavy fire I suspect, as will the university as a whole. I feel great sadness for this young woman.

Because the university as a whole, and the McCLennan DA's and Waco PD's handling of this smells of protecting the football player, at the expense of the young woman, this is the kind of case where Gloria Allred gets involved. I hope they throw the book at this guy.
I agree.

Just for crazy and the brainwashed horn fans.
Charlie Strong’s Five Core Values…and Michael Dyer
By Matt Wheatley on ©August 03rd, 2013 @ 9:30pm

Posted in Blue Blooded Opinions | 121 Responses

When Charlie Strong was hired to be the head coach of the Louisville Cardinals, he laid out five core values that each Louisville football player would be required to adhere to. You might assume that these core values would be likely to include lofty goals that any good human being would aspire to—honesty, integrity, humility, being charitable with their time, etc. To be fair, Strong’s first “core value” is honesty. After this solid start, Coach Strong’s list derails out of the realm of values and into the realm of the obvious. When his values are violated, Coach Strong says that players are saying that they “don’t want to be a part of this program.” They are as follows:

1. No hurting women
  2. No drugs
  3. No stealing
  4. No guns
Well, if a player violates any of these core values (United States laws), he is not only saying that he doesn’t want to be a part of your football program, he is saying that he doesn’t want to be a part of our civilized society. How’s that for setting the bar high? Now, it surely won’t be a problem for current and potential Louisville football players to maintain these standard societal rules, right? And if any of these Louisville players, current or potential, violate one or more of these core values, surely Strong will act swiftly to remove these violators from his program. These are core values after all, not a few loose principles that Strong would like for his players to follow. Enter embattled star running back, Michael Dyer.

I will keep this simple. Michael Dyer has been kicked out of two schools. His first dismissal, was for a failed drug test at Auburn. After his dismissal, he testified in court after his gun was used by teammates in a robbery. A triple whammy for Charlie Strong’s core values. If this was the end of the story, perhaps, it would be easier to understand how Strong looked past Dyer’s questionable past—maybe it was a momentary lapse in judgment for the young man. Shortly after Dyer’s dismissal at Auburn, he ended up at Arkansas State. Before he played a single down, however, he was once again dismissed for similar issues. Dyer was pulled over at 2:20 a.m. for doing 96 miles per hour in a 70 miles per hour zone. In the car with Dyer was weed and a pistol. If his issues at Auburn weren’t enough it would seem safe to assume considering Strong’s values that Dyer’s violations at Arkansas State would rule out any chance of Dyer suiting up in a Louisville uniform. Michael Dyer is a card now

I don’t mean this as an attack on Michael Dyer’s character—people make mistakes. I do, however, think that it’s wrong and worthy to point out when a coach lays out a set of laughably simple laws that his players must live up to only to disregard nearly every single one of these rules when a talented player falls in his lap thanks to issues with drugs, weapons, and connections to theft. No one told Strong that he had to make no guns, stealing, or drugs a part of his core values. When he explicitly stated that these things were his core values, I guess the cynic in me believed that the only reason he’d done something so obvious was because he was more against these things than even the rest of us. I guess you’re exempt from Coach Strong’s Five Core Value’s if you’ve been the MVP of the national championship. If people really paid attention or cared about contradictions or lies from college football coaches, I’d say that Coach Strong sacrificed a good piece of his integrity for Michael Dyer. But hey, the Cards got a good one.

[comment 121] [Link]
Article written by Matt Wheatley
bab7871bfdd45336fc9c96bbec3d2fe1

121 responses to “Charlie Strong’s Five Core Values…and Michael Dyer”
  1. acfefc124430e695d565f9f5301ffc61

Robshairgel August 3, 2013 at 9:35 pm | Permalink
    Who cares about Louisville or Dyer? This was talked about weeks ago when it was clear he would transfer to them.

2. 9d6032d934a57405501ab363d538eec2

Genoa cats August 3, 2013 at 9:39 pm | Permalink
    Did Charlie recruit Aaron Hernandes?

3. 6376bbe2d0e49a24110650f9cf05ebc6

Eric Bledsoe's Algebra III teacher August 3, 2013 at 9:42 pm | Permalink
    Ally another great blog.
    Way to hold them criminals accountable.
    When Dyer is in town, did up your money and find a better hiding place

4. jimp
    August 3, 2013 at 9:48 pm | Permalink
    This is such a farce. His reasoning according to the newspaper this morning is that those things happened when Dyer was not an actual member of UL’s team so they don’t count against his core values. This is how UL built up their football program to begin with. They would take all these players that were either kicked out of other schools or players that could not get into the big conference schools because their grades were so bad. They even took one or two that had been in prison. You go back and check and many of their star players fell into this category. They also to take Prop 48 players that other conferences were not allowed to take. Steve Kragthorpe started getting rid of these type players when he took over and that is why he failed as their coach. Now Strong is back to doing it.

5. 1ff3b67bcd7c9ec46c2f84ac415ab439

L1C4 August 3, 2013 at 9:48 pm | Permalink
    The article proves UK is scared of the Cards. I can’t wait until next month. Louisville is going to ROLL the cards. It’ll be so bad, I may even feel some pity.

6. 540bfcc22a93f1e514434ec2337f4163

O T I S August 3, 2013 at 9:53 pm | Permalink
    Ed Davender, Derrick Miller, Michael Porter, Richie Farmer, and Terrence Jones
    All-Penitentiary Team
    Correctional Facility All-Stars

You can’t ban me today cause Matt and Drew are probably on a plane

UL Sugar Bowl and 2013 NCAA Champions

UK 2-10 and First round NIT losers to Robert Morris

7. 1ff3b67bcd7c9ec46c2f84ac415ab439

Cards August 3, 2013 at 9:53 pm | Permalink
    I sent Stoops a text message to his cell phone 850-408-4276. It read: UK sucks, Go Cards! He sent me a text back that said: I know.

8. 6f8e5a56883326d231d6c3b56de59e06

Stoops Poops August 3, 2013 at 9:54 pm | Permalink
    He owned the gun legally and has never been convicted of a crime. I’m sure every inbred hillbilly on this site owns a gun to protect their single wide.

9. 7f3cddb6d5a735f1799686c932131b38

Katdaddy August 3, 2013 at 9:56 pm | Permalink
    Another misunderstood yoot. Rod Council part 2.

10. df43ad90e69b3af476543719446e9ca8

Bravo August 3, 2013 at 9:57 pm | Permalink
    This was a complete trollbait of a post to entice all of the UL idiots who are just sitting here, waiting to post some inane BS on a UK site at 10:00 PM on a Saturday night.

Didn't Charlie coach on the All Penitentiary Team that Florida had some years back? Defensive Coordinator or something like that? He sure "held up" some "high" values back then.

I'm not fooled into believing Charlie is a saint. He's just following the rules he's been given from the top so UT can try to move past the lawless days of Mack's Chain Gangs. He'll have a losing record and will get the boot leaving UT to scramble to hire a third tier coach.

Baylor grad judge gives the rapist 180 days in jail and 10 years probation. With good time and time served he will be out in time to watch BU stomp Texas.

Ken Starr announces Baylor will do it's own internal investigation as to why it's previous internal investigation turned up zilch. All the Baylor sycophants responded with a "hurumph!"

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
Baylor grad judge gives the rapist 180 days in jail and 10 years probation. With good time and time served he will be out in time to watch BU stomp Texas.

Ken Starr announces Baylor will do it's own internal investigation as to why it's previous internal investigation turned up zilch. All the Baylor sycophants responded with a "hurumph!"

Ken Starr?
Well hell, there's your sign...

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Reactions: Soonersincefitty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT