ADVERTISEMENT

Arch Manning commits to Texas

CTOkie

Sooner starter
Sep 20, 2001
Portland Ct.
Texas now has two 5-star quarterbacks, Ewers (a sophomore) and Manning, class of 2023.

Last edited:
This story has already been written, Ewers will have a solid year next year, leading texas to a bowl game, 9 maybe 10 wins. He will be a heisman hopeful, but will struggle Manning will come in and take over the team. Ewers will have to decide on NFL or transfer.

This story has already been written, Ewers will have a solid year next year, leading texas to a bowl game, 9 maybe 10 wins. He will be a heisman hopeful, but will struggle Manning will come in and take over the team. Ewers will have to decide on NFL or transfer.
or it could all fall apart like Williams and Rattler. In this day and age you just really never know

Texas now has two 5-star quarterbacks, Ewers (a sophomore) and Manning, class of 2023.
I think the days of stockpiling 5stars are over, we’ll see. To me it seems that a team like a texas is getting their qb rotation in order for the next 4 or 5 years. But here’s what I’m seeing with that situation, with NIL it seems pretty apparent that those 2 guys are the qb’s of the immediate future.

But what if you have a Rattler scenario play out where the NIL dictated starter craps out or gets hurt, it’s not like your backups are going to be very good. Who wants to go to a school where basically they have no chance of ever starting because of the NIL qb’s on roster.

To me it seems like the booster paying out the money will only be content if his money is being put to good use on the field. You can’t tell me that boosters fronting money won’t be trying to dictate starters and playing time etc. what a fiasco.

Reactions: CTOkie and Oklabama
Kids are going to do stupid things, especially with pockets full of cash. Sure we’ve seen it before but it will only worsen exponentially in the near future

Texsa will always be Tea sips

He may end up being a bust or at least over rated. But his name alone will attract additional recruits to commit to Texas.

I had a fellow to tell me that Arch Manning is very overrated and will not expectations. He is the same fellow that told me the same thing about Spencer Rattler a couple of years ago.
The jury is still out on Rattler. With a fresh start and a fanbase that wants him there, he could end up being an outstanding college QB. We'll find out one way or the other.

I had a fellow to tell me that Arch Manning is very overrated and will not expectations. He is the same fellow that told me the same thing about Spencer Rattler a couple of years ago.
Manning first has the name. Second saw him on espn last year. He was good but not Caleb Williams good yet. #1 player in HS Fb in us? Not so fast. WS

If Venables rallied the 2022 recruiting class to be ranked 8th by Rivals under much turmoil, it seems to me he can at least equal that ranking for 2023.
Currently, Rivals has OU ranked 40th.

If Venables rallied the 2022 recruiting class to be ranked 8th by Rivals under much turmoil, it seems to me he can at least equal that ranking for 2023.
Currently, Rivals has OU ranked 40th.
You worried? I aint. 😉

CT I may be wrong, but I don't think grampa and uncles are on board with this decision.
Maybe, but my guess is they want Arch to make his own decision as to where HE wants to go and the fact that he will be playing in the SEC sooner rather than later makes his choice a little easier to accept.
My focus is what Jackson Arnold will do at OU. I see him as a Baker Mayfield clone....and then some. I see (and hope) that OU pulled a huge recruiting coup in getting him when all is said and done, especially considering the turmoil last November-January left by Riley's money grab.
And through all of the turmoil, I believe Bob Stoops played a very significant part in the transition period which allowed Venables and his revamped staff to recruit (landing an 8th ranked 2022 class) and prepping OU to kick some well-deserved and long overdue Oregon butt.
Any criticism I had of Stoops has evaporated evaporated because of his help in restoring stability for the OU program....and his simple statement of "Lincoln Riley did not invent Oklahoma football" which was for me, a well-deserved kick into Riley's crotch oysters.

Last edited:
Q1Q2Q3Q4Final
Newman70007
LCA21217049

First round of the 2A playoffs last year. 7 points in the first quarter, best QB in the country right there.

I cannot speak to the validity of what I heard from my "loafer's paradise" sports bar yesterday but I was told that Texas pledges $3.6m in NIL. I also heard that Saban called Grandpa and told him he was not buying into this "highest bidder" bullshit and withdrew the Bama offer.

Female talent in Austin: chicks with dicks??

• Haha
Reactions: iasooner2000
I cannot speak to the validity of what I heard from my "loafer's paradise" sports bar yesterday but I was told that Texas pledges $3.6m in NIL. I also heard that Saban called Grandpa and told him he was not buying into this "highest bidder" bullshit and withdrew the Bama offer.

Female talent in Austin: chicks with dicks??
1...If true, good for Saban !
2...Austin has it all within its tri-sexual population....that is, TRY-sexual (to try anything that's sexual).
My geologist friend and I explored a riverbed near Austin in 1980 and discovered footprints of two gay dinosaurs. One was a lesbian called the Lickalotapus and the gay male was the Megasoreass.

on3 sports has it listed as 3.1. Texas is averaging 369K per recruit. Next team on with most NIL is Bama at 183K

This NIL situation may explain why Venables is hitting Oklahoma, north Texas, Nebraska and Colorado hard for talent with only two from faraway places like Florida and Virginia so far.
I see 4 studs (WR's Adams and Tease, ATH Jacoby Johnson, DE Bai Jobe) from Oklahoma leaning towards OU and more from Texas and the South.

My thoughts now are that ATM and Texas are likely to be OU's biggest recruiting battles due to their proximity to OU and with the NIL money-grab in full force.

This NIL situation may explain why Venables is hitting Oklahoma, north Texas, Nebraska and Colorado hard for talent with only two from faraway places like Florida and Virginia so far.
I see 4 studs (WR's Adams and Tease, ATH Jacoby Johnson, DE Bai Jobe) from Oklahoma leaning towards OU and more from Texas and the South.
If we get either Tease or Jobe, somebody’s going to have to come up here & pick me up off the floor. If we get both, there’d better be a defibrillator nearby.

or it could all fall apart like Williams and Rattler. In this day and age you just really never know
Yea it's funny how just a year ago Texas fans were distraught about how OU was a QB factory who just picked up another #1 QB to go with their budding Heisman favorite QB. Now the roles have reversed. Here's what I think... doesn't matter how good your QB is if your O-Line sucks. Texas' O-Line sucks. They'll have to remedy that quite a bit if they want to be a real contender and have a Heisman level QB.

Yea it's funny how just a year ago Texas fans were distraught about how OU was a QB factory who just picked up another #1 QB to go with their budding Heisman favorite QB. Now the roles have reversed. Here's what I think... doesn't matter how good your QB is if your O-Line sucks. Texas' O-Line sucks. They'll have to remedy that quite a bit if they want to be a real contender and have a Heisman level QB.
Good point...
While the quarterback position is considered to be the most important one on any team, it can't be overlooked that so goes the offensive line, so goes the quarterback's success.
Both OU and Texas have offensive lines that are in a transitional mode this season. There are highly recruited players available, but they are unproven and haven't meshed as a unit yet.
I think we will know a lot more about OU when it faces Nebraska in Lincoln on September 10th and I believe it will be a tough, physical game, considering how desperate Nebraska is for a benchmark win, especially playing at home.
Texas will reveal more about itself when it faces Alabama in Austin also on September 10. Like Nebraska when it plays OU, Texas also needs a benchmark win coming off a disastrous 2021 season.....and even if Texas keeps the score close, it will likely be a "moral victory" for the Horns. A Texas upset would immediately restore relevance to the team's program, as far as I'm concerned.

Good point...
While the quarterback position is considered to be the most important one on any team, it can't be overlooked that so goes the offensive line, so goes the quarterback's success.
Both OU and Texas have offensive lines that are in a transitional mode this season. There are highly recruited players available, but they are unproven and haven't meshed as a unit yet.
I think we will know a lot more about OU when it faces Nebraska in Lincoln on September 10th and I believe it will be a tough, physical game, considering how desperate Nebraska is for a benchmark win, especially playing at home.
Texas will reveal more about itself when it faces Alabama in Austin also on September 10. Like Nebraska when it plays OU, Texas also needs a benchmark win coming off a disastrous 2021 season.....and even if Texas keeps the score close, it will likely be a "moral victory" for the Horns. A Texas upset would immediately restore relevance to the team's program, as far as I'm concerned.

Good point...
You know the more I think about the Manning kid, the more it doesn't make sense. You have the opportunity to play behind any offensive line in the country and you pick Texas? That is just crazy to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT