ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody else surprised that with all these college coaching changes

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
that Brent Venebles' name hasn't been tossed around as a potential HC at a good place?

He turned Clemson from the third or fourth best program in the ACC into the number one school in the country. They always had the offense, or have at least since Dabo has been there.

Maybe I missed it? Or maybe he has something but it won't be announced until after the CCG. But I thought it would be his time.

that Brent Venebles' name hasn't been tossed around as a potential HC at a good place?

He turned Clemson from the third or fourth best program in the ACC into the number one school in the country. They always had the offense, or have at least since Dabo has been there.

Maybe I missed it? Or maybe he has something but it won't be announced until after the CCG. But I thought it would be his time.

Yep, I don't begrudge Venables one bit...good for him.

That reminds me, isn't it Dabo that's gonna have to write a humongous check for a pizza party for 80,000 people at their home stadium?
He's an extremely good sport...:D

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
He's been a coordinator for 16 years. I would guess if someone had seen head coaching prowess in him, he would have been offered by now.

He's been a coordinator for 16 years. I would guess if someone had seen head coaching prowess in him, he would have been offered by now.

He had offers while at OU. Nothing from a major school as I recall, but there were offers.

My brother has a colleague that lives in SC. The first year or two after he arrived, was begging us to take him back. His defensive system has a history of working VERY well with experienced upperclassmen in the back 7. He's got that this year, I think only one Sophomore, at CB.

He's done well though and good to see. Hope we pound the dog snought out of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT