ADVERTISEMENT

Another update on the Sooners' top remaining offensive target (Sat 11:45am)

Parker Thune

Campus Legend
Gold Member
Apr 30, 2023

As many of you saw via Twitter, I was out in western Iowa this morning to check in with Grant Brix.

The four-star offensive tackle spoke with me for nearly an hour following his practice session, and after our most recent talk, I am as confident as ever that Brix winds up in Oklahoma's class. That optimism is shared by well-placed sources on the OU end. The main holdup for Brix throughout this whole process has been the distance factor, but for the first time, it truly feels like Bill Bedenbaugh and the Oklahoma staff have battered past those inhibitions. I've previously stated that a decision before the end of August bodes well for the Sooners, and per my conversation with Brix, a decision can indeed be expected by the end of August. This one feels very, very close to over.

Brix believes that OU offers the best opportunity for development, and the down-home, evangelically influenced culture in Oklahoma is not an insignificant cog in the machine. Nebraska and Kansas State are still pressing here, but the Sooners have the definite upper hand. It's closing time for Bedenbaugh, and provided the current trajectory of the recruitment holds, I believe that Brix will be the next offensive commit for OU. If Oklahoma does indeed lock him down, a few people that should receive a tip of the hat (in addition to Bedenbaugh) are Jacob Sexton, Isaiah Autry and Michael Hawkins. This has been an all-out team effort for darn near three months to push OU to victory... and the finish line is fast approaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News