ADVERTISEMENT

Another sign that OU Football ticket sales are sluggish

Section22Sooner

Sooner starter
Dec 8, 2002
In the 21 years I've been purchasing season tickets in the Sooner Saver "cheap seats", I've never once been drawn for Texas tickets. In fact, I was told I was ineligible because I'm not a donor. Well, I received a notice in the mail today that I have a pair of OU/Texas tickets reserved with my name on 'em. Hey, I'm happy about it, but something just is not right.

In the 21 years I've been purchasing season tickets in the Sooner Saver "cheap seats", I've never once been drawn for Texas tickets. In fact, I was told I was ineligible because I'm not a donor. Well, I received a notice in the mail today that I have a pair of OU/Texas tickets reserved with my name on 'em. Hey, I'm happy about it, but something just is not right.

Do you want to sell them? I have been to one RRR game and I sit in Tinker Owens seats on the 50 yard line.

Bucket list....Take my current wife to the RRR. Maybe the last game I ever attend.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Do you want to sell them? I have been to one RRR game and I sit in Tinker Owens seats on the 50 yard line.

Bucket list....Take my current wife to the RRR. Maybe the last game I ever attend.

Ask me again in August. These may be those few hundred "Rope a Dope" seats directly under the scoreboard in the TEXAS end of the stadium. That is a sorry thing to do to Sooner fans. But they had to even out the number of fans, and had to make up for the loss of seats where the tunnel is in the OU end. I know people who have sat in the Rope a Dope seats and they said it absolutely sucks.

You are not the first. I have a friend that has a similar history who claims to have received the same letter. I thought he was bulls**ting me like he so often does. But now.... hummm. It does make you wonder.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
I got an email from a Development Executive in the Sooner Club early in May stating my seats have been upgraded. I think I requested every year for the last 25 years and was upgraded twice. I'm in Section 4 now. I have to call the guy when I get back to the USA. I normally get good OU/Texas seats in Section 27 at Cotton Bowl but he said I would be really pleased with what is available if I upgrade. I have to agree that something is up with ticketing. My daughter will graduate from high school next year and plans to attend OU. That means the wife will be far more agreeable to coming to Norman for football games. I believe I will be upgrading.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT