ADVERTISEMENT

Andrews needs some time to fully heal before Texas on 10/14.....

CTOkie

Sooner starter
Sep 20, 2001
Portland Ct.
IMO.
There is Baylor this weekend, then an open week, then a home game with Iowa State. So that would give Andrews 4 weeks to get healthy, unless there is more to this injury than we know.
OU will need him against Texas, which is a game I believe will require a great effort to win.
2017 is off to a great start. Everything is clicking. My concern is the team's health, starting with Andrews and now including DT Romar.
But I also see a team with much more quality depth overall than I thought a month ago. Every player that has played has impressed me. Some are newcomers and some have not shown much until now, like Haughton, Morris, Mittermeier, Mann, Sylvie and Smallwood are really stepping up.
More than anything, I like Riley's philosophy of playing lots of players and developing reliable depth.

IMO.
There is Baylor this weekend, then an open week, then a home game with Iowa State. So that would give Andrews 4 weeks to get healthy, unless there is more to this injury than we know.
OU will need him against Texas, which is a game I believe will require a great effort to win.
2017 is off to a great start. Everything is clicking. My concern is the team's health, starting with Andrews and now including DT Romar.
But I also see a team with much more quality depth overall than I thought a month ago. Every player that has played has impressed me. Some are newcomers and some have not shown much until now, like Haughton, Morris, Mittermeier, Mann, Sylvie and Smallwood are really stepping up.
More than anything, I like Riley's philosophy of playing lots of players and developing reliable depth.

Apparently it was just a bruise and he is fine now.

I think get up early and often on Baylor and not let it be close then rest him the rest of the game. Then everyone gets a little rest during the bye. But, IF, Iowa state beats Texas that thurs night in aimes the week before OU plays them. Then I think that Iowa state game is going to be a tougher game than it needs to be and they'll need every bit of Andrews to beat Iowa state.

Reactions: iasooner1
Andrews is like the old battleship and Calcaterra like the streamlined destroyer. Can't wait to see the sissy Shorthorns try to tackle a healthy and reloaded Andrews.

SoonerSports.tv app has a brief interview with Mark Andrews after the Tulane game, and he claims he's 100%. I don't see the video on the soonersports.com website, but it exists on the app.

I found the video online. I can't direct link it, so you have to do a little of your own work to get to it.

Go to this link:
http://www.soonersports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000

Then in the filter choices under "Sport" choose "Football."

Then go the bottom of the list of videos and click the link for "More Videos"

Andrews' video will be the last one after clicking "More Videos"

9/18 Mark Andrews 1-On-1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT