ADVERTISEMENT

An interesting thread on main board

Thanks for posting the link. (Reading the replies made my nose bleed and gave me diarrhea). The one thing that troubles me about the links, and a subsequent Google search... it seems to be a bunch of fringe non-Big 12 news sites and blogs reporting this. But I don't recall anything about a Big XII Expansion Committee being announced by Oklahoma's primary news-gathering source, The Daily Oklahoman (NewsOK.com) or in the Tulsa World.

Please, someone set me straight if this has been announced in Oklahoma.

Last edited:
That's just it 22, When was this done and are they once again reading into something Boren said that didn't mean anything at all. However it also shows what some folks across the nation feel about the conference right now.

We all know the media is good at twisting words and then trying to sell articles.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
That one guy's comment about FSU traveling to BYU was pretty funny. But many of those other replies were by some clueless folks.

That board gets a lot of that "Clueless replies" as many of them can't either comprehend what they read or don't know anything about the game outside of their own conference affiliations.

There was a pretty good sized thread on CC (just so happen a few weeks ago) about Boren basically looking at options "under the table" in case the Big XII continues it's path towards further ineptness. It was from one particular poster who says it's info he is getting from people he knows inside OU.

BR,

I sometimes wonder about those folks who claim they have inside info. I know some are credible but just how credible is the biggest question of all.

Bunch of bull to get clicks. Those blogs are smart. Write a few things with "sources" and that stuff gets spread around message boards and talk radio. Better to bullshit for clicks than be an irrelevant blog site.

If there had been such a committee formed, it would be widely reported public knowledge, in the real press, not some two bit no name blog.

That's exactly my thought Medic. I doubt the Big12 or anyone could have kept that secret from the media these days.

Reactions: Medic007
Someone write a blog throwing out the idea that the NCAA is considering the abolishing of all conferences, that the NCAA will take over scheduling, everyone will play everyone once every 12 or 13 years, the NCAA will own all TV rights and all money will be divided evenly among all 120-something participating schools. (Sounds like our gov't). Then I'll post a link over on the main board to see how many spronks take the bait.

In these cases it's the old Chip Brown throw out turds and see if anything sticks. For the overwhelming majority that don't, claim the sources were given bad info, plans changed after info was leaked, or the timing was off. Texas to PAC 12. No way is A&M going to SEC. Saban to UT is a done deal. Oops.

These small time blogs throw this crap out to get clicks. Getting click counts up gets advertising. Advertising gets money. That Jesus Scuttlebutt pro UT blog is a prime example. Talks with "Big Cigar" is the biggest bunch of crap, but desperate UT fans eat it up. These blogs are banking on Big 12 teams fans feeling desperate much like Jesus Scuttlebutt feeds off desperate UT fans.

If Boren was part of some Big 12 committee, the mainstream press would have already reported it.

Only thing of value in this thread is 22's post of Barry Tramels article in the D.O. I've been critical of Tramel lately but he is spot on with his comments about the Big XII. His comment about the knuckleheads running the Big XII: "In the Big 12, few decisions are made with the idea that it would be good for the conference. The Big 12 is more a confederation of colonies than a united republic."

Texas has taken another conference to its ruin (sad thing is that Boren went along with it and now realizes his mistake). It's only a matter of time. Sad, very sad.

I just can’t see OU staying in the Big 12 beyond 10 years… (Quicker if possible)

There is way too much money and prestige involved to stay in the Big 12 or to let OSU hinder the academic advancement of OU as a university, which would happen if OU turned down an B1G invitation and its large CIC research money to stay with OSU .…..how long OU stays and where OU goes are the only questions?

Mr. Tramel indicated yesterday that he didn’t think that OU would have a Big 10 invetation because OU was not a member of the AAU….Apparently Mr. Tramel is unaware of the report that the B1G has conducted its vetting process of OU knowing well ahead of time that OU wasn’t an AAU member.

I seriously doubt the B1G would have wasted their time and money on an investigation of OU if the lack of AAU membership was such a blocking element for OU…..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT