ADVERTISEMENT

According to ESPN, Shaka to UTexas

like tougher than yankees03, THAT TOUGH!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Soonersincefitty:
Very very tough?

What the hell does that mean?

Is he going to write Josh and whine like a little bitch?

Pfft, go for it...I've weathered worse...
laugh.r191677.gif

You have to excuse 2Names, he is not getting the attention that he wants, so he seeking it out, by bringing the trash from another board, onto this one. What he is trying to say, is that he once talked very tough to me, and then proceeded to tell me what I would not say to his face. I offered to meet up with him and buy him a drink, and it spooked him. He did exactly as you stated "a little bitch" would do. I just wanted to buy the poor lil fella a drink, not choke him out.

I'm confused as to why he is now targeting me in a thread, that has nothing to do with any of that. He actually said he put me on ignore, but took a shot at me a day later. I guess he is still spooked, very weak minded, or seeking out attention. I'm thinking the stalker, is all the above. Sorry that you guys had to witness his crocodile tears, from something that happened last year. I'm enjoying the friendly banter with you guys. His issue, is that he likes to sell wolf tickets...I'm not buying.

Originally posted by Yankees03:
well 22 i think longhornMM might disagree with ya......
You can just stop right there, LonghornMM would describe me as a terrible poster with nothing relevant to say ever.

i don't know many here that would agree with his opinion of me.

So why should we give a crap about his opinion about anybody. His view is skewed with anyone who doesn't at least post once a month "I think LonghornMM does a great job.... Blah blah blah..."

well NW boomer i used to read your post on OB and I didnt personally think you deserved any kind of ban, unless something happened that I didnt know about. I do think LonghornMM is a good mod, but I will agree he probably lets things go that he shouldnt. At the same time, soonerscoop has probably been over-moderated and in my opinion thats part of the reason for the very few posters that now post here. Im not saying any mod is bad, im saying all have different styles. Some work, some dont depending on the board.

...soonerscoop has probably been over-moderated and in my opinion thats part of the reason for the very few posters that now post here.
OK, so Yankees thinks SoonerMike and Medic007 are doing a substandard job at moderating. That would have probably been better left unsaid, but hey, I'm considering the source.

Tell me, do you think the population of this message board would skyrocket if you were the moderator?

This post was edited on 4/13 5:43 PM by Section22Sooner

well NW boomer i used to read your post on OB and I didnt personally think you deserved any kind of ban, unless something happened that I didnt know about. I do think LonghornMM is a good mod, but I will agree he probably lets things go that he shouldnt. At the same time, soonerscoop has probably been over-moderated and in my opinion thats part of the reason for the very few posters that now post here. Im not saying any mod is bad, im saying all have different styles. Some work, some dont depending on the board.
The loss of great posters has a whole lot more to do with the moderator's tolerance of your old nonsense, and a few others here, than over moderation.

The mods here promote an atmosphere where good Horn posters are encouraged to hang around and they lend an additional layer of opinion here. And if they just stir up trouble, they have a very short leash.And rightly so. It seems much different on the Horn board.

Sooner fans get more leash, but these mods seem to me to welcome those with something to contribute, rather than just "IT'S MY OPINION AND I'M ENTITLED TO IT!"

Mike and Medic are as good a combination of mods as we've had here in 16 years. They seem to moderate as an act of service, rather than trying to throw weight around. Any poster who peeved them enough to earn time off, likely earned more time off than they received.

I see a pretty solid core group of posters here, which unfortunately has been lessened by a couple of key losses. My only critique of Mike and Medic is that I'd like to see them post more.

Not a shock that a couple of you guys took exception to my comment (as we know, plenty posters here are WAY too sensitive), however I dont feel I insulted either moderator from SoonerScoop or OB. As I stated, MM is probably a little too lenient, our mods are probably a little too strict. Which way works the best? idk, its all a matter of opinion. But one thing I do know is this board has only number of posters now who dominate most conversations. Thats not an opinion, thats a fact.

The loss of great posters has a whole lot more to do with the moderator's tolerance of your old nonsense, and a few others here, than over moderation.

And Plaino, please think before you post. I actually got a good chuckle out of the above comment. If one poster such as I has the power to determine if posters comment on here than I apparently have my power than I ever thought lol. You can claim the innocense nonsense, but you my fellow poster are as guilty as anyone for spats, arguments, people not posting anymore, etc. Ive honestly never seen a group of grown men who get so butthurt so easily. The slightest little thing sets a few of you guys off and I think its funny. Why do posters such as myself have NO issues whatsoever on other sooner boards? am i just getting lucky? no sir, its just a different kind of people. At this point, if people get banned does it matter that much? it wouldnt to me. Not that i want to be banned, but what would i miss? reading comments from 3 or 4 posters? lol. Maybe it will pick up as the season nears but it certainly didnt this past fall. Even on game days at times, this place was dead.

This post was edited on 4/13 8:39 PM by Yankees03

I am fitty lol. Im sorry I got off topic a little. I just got back from playing 2 hours of full court bball and im a little cranky. Im not exactly a young anymore
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Yankee, I asked you a question for a reason. But you are too full of yourself to answer and fearful that someone else may be correct and that your opinion of our moderators is ridiculous. You weren't here when Unabubbas micro-managed with an iron fist and banned people every day. And the population of this board was HUGE.

All message boards, even the college sports message boards have been in decline compared to the early 2000's. They went the way of the chat room, Usenet and BBS. As one article stated, "Message boards were key components of Web 1.0 - the Web before broadband, online video, social networking..."

Your criticism of SoonerMike and Medic is unfair. But I doubt that you've ever admitted that you were wrong about anything.

Why do posters such as myself have NO issues whatsoever on other sooner boards? am i just getting lucky? no sir, its just a different kind of people.

I have no idea if what you are posting is true because I don't read other boards.

At this point, if people get banned does it matter that much? it wouldnt to me. Not that i want to be banned, but what would i miss? reading comments from 3 or 4 posters? lol. Maybe it will pick up as the season nears but it certainly didnt this past fall. Even on game days at times, this place was dead.

Sure, if you say so. I'm not sure you realize there is a reality outside the one you create for yourself. No biggie though. This board was just fine without your "contributions" when you were banned, and I am certain we would recover from the devastation of you leaving again.

I've seen you try to compare this board to OB on occasion. The difference is we don't allow childish and trolling crap here. Take that stuff out of OB and you don't have much left. When bullmarket left, our significant troll population left. Hell even the number of posts you make went down since he is no longer trolling you as well. OB has a juvenile version of bullmarket X 1000. I'm glad we don't.

And by the way, your speaking of "butthurt" and "sensitive" posters is very entertaining. I'll leave it at that for your sake.

Cheers!

This post was edited on 4/13 8:39 PM by Yankees03

Reactions: Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc
Medic when I was banned this board reached an all time high in insanity lol. A mod was fired, more posters were banned and arguing was OUT OF CONTROL. Contrary to popular belief, good ole Yankee wasnt the sole purpose this board had issues. And Medic, I believe I stated OB was a little crazy and MM was probably a little too lenient. You will get no argument from me there. You got some real weirdos over there that make Bullmarket look calm. All Im stating is the board is slowly disappearing or at the very least its only a small fraction of what it was once was. Although some posters state its because all message boards have dwindled (im sure there is some truth to that), I now see quite a few of those guys who have left his board posting on OTHER OU message boards. Perhaps due to past conflicts, you and mike have no choice than to be overmoderating atleast for the time being, i dont know. No one should claim to be innocent though or imply only me and a couple of others were to blame. As I stated to plaino, that is pure bologna.

Man, I've got to tell y'all, I made some Polish cabbage rolls the other day...
(wow, an uppercut that had him dazed and confused)
They were just the bomb!
I used this recipe of Jenny Jones. Former hottie talk show chickage.
(then a double kick to the nads that was just crippling)
At any rate, made 16 of them and they were so good, before I could say sic em, I'd eaten 9.
(and he's down for the count! Oh, if he gets up now it'll be a miracle)

Long story condensed, I staggered to bed in a stupor and slept for 12 hours...pure bliss.
smokin.r191677.gif

No i mean gross lol. Remember when she had that guest on there that had a male admirer? Shortly after the show the guy killed the guy who has a crush on him. Man......craziness

From 2000 to 2008 or so this board was hopping with posts. The reason is because OU was competing and winning Big 12 championships, and playing in BCS bowls and National Championships. This board took a dip big time last season, I mean many posters wanted Bob's head on a platter, if a poster had asked for Bob Stoops head from 2000-2008 they would have been crucified in masses on this board.

This board isn't down because of it's moderation, or any one single poster. It's down because the Sooners are down. Also we have lost many great posters to untimely death as well.

The board is always slow in the off-season and picks back up in the fall. If the Sooners put together a winning team you will see posters come and post in mass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT