ADVERTISEMENT

4-Piece Nuggets: OL tidbits and the status with a TE target

Parker Thune

Campus Legend
Gold Member
Apr 30, 2023

— Stopped by Prosper today to check in with a couple of their elite offensive line prospects, and Connor Carty is at the top of that list. The four-star guard has quietly developed a solid rapport with Bill Bedenbaugh and Oklahoma, and acknowledged to me that they’d be a finalist for his commitment if he were to trim his list down today. An official visit is a definite possibility; however, I think Oklahoma’s priorities on the offensive line in the 2025 class are rather self-evident. The Sooners would love Lamont Rogers or Michael Fasusi or Andrew Babalola or Ty Haywood, so I wouldn’t expect that they begin pressing for Carty unless things fall through with a couple of the top targets on the board.

— I know there has been some optimism shared by a few members that Zaden Krempin and Oklahoma could end up becoming a major thing, but I don’t get the sense there is much traction right now. He’s scheduled to visit on March 9, and he was highly complimentary of Bill Bedenbaugh and the Oklahoma tradition along the offensive line. He told me of the Sooners, “Whatever they’re doing, it works. You look at all the draft picks they’ve had… it works.” That said, Krempin was also candid about the fact that he’s focusing his attention elsewhere at the moment, and Texas A&M, Arkansas and LSU are the schools that I believe are best positioned for his pledge.

— Saw Chase Loftin at the DR7 tournament in Melissa today, and the three-star tight end told me that he’s on the verge of publicly naming the finalists for his commitment. He’s getting close to locking in his official visit schedule, and I do expect Oklahoma will get an OV from the Nebraskan standout. I’ll reiterate what I said before: the Sooners could likely put a stranglehold on this recruitment if they began legitimately pushing at any point. But as we’ve discussed, there are three tight ends higher on the board than Loftin right now, and all three remain uncommitted. We’ll see where the chips fall with Dasaahn Brame, Linkon Cure and Nate Roberts. Other schools heavily in play for Loftin include Florida State, Nebraska, Miami and Texas A&M.

— Another Midwest name to file away is 2026 athlete Amarion Jackson of Millard South (Neb.) High, a player of whom the Oklahoma staff is well aware. OU is continually monitoring him, and I would not be surprised if he is an eventual offer guy. He already holds early offers from Illinois and Minnesota, and what makes this one particularly intriguing is that his family has a rooting allegiance to Oklahoma. Thus, if the Sooners were to get involved down the line, I expect that they’d be a major player for his services.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News