ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best place to eat after not eating there for 2-3 months

I went to campus corner and grabbed some Jimmy Johns tonight. Literally my favorite sandwich (Turkey Tom, no tomatoes, no cheese with jalapeno chips) and probably my favorite meal to enjoy on a semi-regular basis.

I would get sick of it eating it too much.

But curious if there is a place like that for you? I would say Van's Pig Stand is right up there for me too. Maybe Firehouse Subs. Bison Witches used to be that, but that place is kind of dirty and turned me off.

There are other places like Sandros and the Chicken Grande Burrito at The Mont that I can eat every week.

Maybe Taco Lights at Taco Casa fit that once every 2-3 months bill for me.

2 Sooner WRs predicted to be among the most improved players in the AFC

from NFL.com: https://www.nfl.com/news/projecting-the-most-improved-player-for-each-afc-team-in-2020

zsfjardpwq8fw0jr2cnf

Marquise Brown
Baltimore Ravens · WR

We've already seen glimpses of what Hollywood can do when Lamar Jackson wants to find him deep. He caught three touchdowns on six deep receptions and 15 such targets as a rookie in 2019. No other Ravens wide receiver had more than three total deep receptions on the season, per NGS. Baltimore's deep passing game forecasts to improve in 2020, which should mean greater opportunities for Brown.

ets69ksudoveicvp50ob

Kenny Stills
Houston Texans · WR

Stills caught 77.3 percent (17 of 22) of his targets of 10-plus air yards, which was the highest rate in the NFL, (min. 20 such targets). With the departure of DeAndre Hopkins this offseason, look for Stills' opportunities to increase and his capabilities to drive value for Deshaun Watson and the Texans' offense.

Sunday Notes...

I know everyone is getting excited about the possibility of Jeremiah 'Scooby' Williams and the Sooners chances with him following some tweets today and tonight...

Login to view embedded media
So I spoke with a few different people and it's interesting how wide the spectrum is. Williams has been in heavy contact with Oklahoma and I can tell you that he has given the Sooners plenty of cause for optimism but I won't go so far as to say I get the feeling anyone is overly confident.

In talking to some sources around the Southeast, including some well connected to Auburn it definitely feels like the Tigers are more than just the 'perceived' favorite and it'd be a sizable upset if they aren't his choice.

One thing I would say with confidence? Jamar Cain will keep working on the nation's No. 227 overall player and No. 17 outside linebacker.

In short, I wouldn't get my hopes too high but the Sooners are working this one hard and down to the wire - and beyond.

OT: Parents, will you be sending your kids back to school?

So we got word from Jenks yesterday that there will be two options for kids from Pre-K through 6th grade: in person five days a week or stay home. For kids 7th and up there is an additional "blended" option combining in person class time and virtual learning.

Now, let me first preface this by saying I am not a Corona denier. However I have done a fair amount of reading/research this AM and in multiple studies conducted in France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand and China there is simply not much evidence that kids 1)pick this up at school, 2)then transmit it to others. It is fairly rare for kids to get this at all (at least not that we become aware of) and when they do it is almost always transmitted to them by a parent/relative in their home.

It's a very tough decision to make, and there is no judgment from me whatever you decide. I'm just interested in getting some of the thoughts and perspectives from the fine folks here.

OT: Tax professionals

Even though I'm poor as fück, I'm married filing separately with modified AGI slightly over the $10k threshold, so I'm unable to do a direct Roth contribution.

For a backdoor Roth IRA, what length of time (if any) do you recommend waiting between making the traditional contribution and converting to Roth? Any of your clients ever run into an issue on this with the IRS due to the step transaction doctrine?

REPORT: OU looking to move opener to Aug. 29 ...

Interesting report out of The Oklahoman this morning. If you think about it, it would make a lot of sense. This, of course, would be in the line of thinking OU actually plays non-conference games.

OU athletic director Joe Castiglione’s rationale in this pandemic-stricken year is that moving the opener would give OU an off week after each of its first two games, which could be valuable with the testing of players for the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

Interesting. Would make OU's schedule look:

Aug. 29 - Missouri State
Sept 5 - BYE
Sept 12 - Tennesee
Sept 19 - BYE
Sept 26 - @ Army

ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT