ADVERTISEMENT

your thoughts

We lost to 2 very obvious top 10 teams in the country.......we were wayyyyy overhyped and over ranked considering the personnel we lost, and we are only 3 games into the season. We could very well still win the big 12 but are unlikely to make a championship run this year. Not all is lost by a long shot. Am I disappointed in the start this year.......of course I am. Am I ready to lose Bob? Not even close. We will NOT be in the playoffs every year, and some years we aren't even in the discussion........THIS is just one of those years! I'm for giving this a bit more time before digging graves. If Bob leaves on his own, then that's on him.

I could not see a season of more than 9-10 wins given OU's losses in personnel from last year. Beyond Perine, Mixon, Mayfield, Andrews, Westbrook and Walker the talent overall is either not that good or not that ready.
Well I know me and you had a discussion about this prior to the season. It appears my reasoning for optimism this year was once again, flawed thinking. Once again I got bit by drinking some of the crimson koolaid. I was really hoping we could have seen a new group of players stepping up to fill holes and be ready to roll from the first game. I don't discount that teams like OSU have better talent. But not to the point of how big of a mismatch that game was on the field. It goes beyond just raw talent differences.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Bob retired 5 years ago. Nice pension, unreal perks.

Boomer Sooner

I often wonder why some fans even follow the Sooners. Every loss seems to create great pain. I follow them for the wins and championships and great coaches and joy I get watching them compete.

I could be a Cowboy fan. Here's reindeer cowboy humper, the early days..HA!

ja43GOo.gif

I often wonder why some fans even follow the Sooners. Every loss seems to create great pain. I follow them for the wins and championships and great coaches and joy I get watching them compete.

ja43GOo.gif

Yin and Yang. The less emotion I have during the bad, the less I'll have during the good.

The Sooners played in the College Football Playoffs last year and won the conference championship. Wipe the sniffles and try again some other time.
Glory be, we did?!!? Got any tissue I can borrow?

You have your opinion, I have mine. I'm counting on you to inform me as to the right time to post.

Boomer Sooner

ja43GOo.gif
LOL! Losing is not the problem. Embarrassing losses are. Glad you are OK with them. Either way, life goes on.

Boomer Sooner

I often wonder why some fans even follow the Sooners. Every loss seems to create great pain.

The answer is very elementary. It's because some people are simply more competitive than others. I've always been extremely competitive in everything I've done. And wanting to watch my favorite sports teams succeed is no different.

LOL! Losing is not the problem. Embarrassing losses are. Glad you are OK with them. Either way, life goes on.

Boomer Sooner

Embarrassing? Not for me, OSU beat us with a better team. Houston maybe the newest Miami Hurricane that drilled us in the 80's. Let's just get better and win the Big 12. It starts with TCU........... I look forward to the rest of the season and I feel sorry for those that don't.

Reactions: Medic007
The answer is very elementary. It's because some people are simply more competitive than others. I've always been extremely competitive in everything I've done. And wanting to watch my favorite sports teams succeed is no different.

You're very competitive at posting everything you THINK is wrong with this team. I'll give you that.......

Reactions: JConXtsy
Yes, me too. My problem is. WHY CAN'T WE WIN OUR BOWL GAMES? LAST 2 in a row with Clemson. Just puzzling. Our losses sometimes just make me insane.

Embarrassing? Not for me, OSU beat us with a better team. Houston maybe the newest Miami Hurricane that drilled us in the 80's. Let's just get better and win the Big 12. It starts with TCU........... I look forward to the rest of the season and I feel sorry for those that don't.
Are you implying I don't look forward to the rest of the season?

I have a problem with our apparent inadequate game preparation to include in-game adjustments. I have a problem with the apparent inadequate player development/motivation/play calling. I could be wrong on both counts but don't believe so. It's also applies to other key game issues in the last 4-6 years.

Losing to Houston and tOSU is not the issue for me. Losses will occur because at times we are just not good enough. But, we should be able at least to be prepared, competitive and creative.

Boomer Sooner

If Stoops leaves OU, who will replace him ? Who would be available that would represent a clear and distinct upgrade and/or a proven commodity ?

Tom Herman, for one.

Urban Meyer, who is not available, was shown before our game passionately firing his team up before kick off. Besides chewing ass after a kid screws up, when was the last time you saw Bob do that? He couldn't fire up Carol's Mary Kay sales team at this point.

Reactions: JConXtsy
Tom Herman, for one.

Urban Meyer, who is not available, was shown before our game passionately firing his team up before kick off. Besides chewing ass after a kid screws up, when was the last time you saw Bob do that? He couldn't fire up Carol's Mary Kay sales team at this point.
Herman would be my only choice if I were to decide, with maybe Patterson as well.....but it remains to be seen whether or not either coach would be an upgrade.
This is not to diminish their aptitude at all, but to say that until OU migrates to a stronger conference....or somehow the Big 12 can add two elite teams (wishful thinking)....OU is likely to remain on the outside looking in for being an Alabama or Ohio State level program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT