ADVERTISEMENT

your thoughts

Before this discussion proceeds, the main thing for all OU fans to consider is simply this:
If Stoops leaves OU, who will replace him ? Who would be available that would represent a clear and distinct upgrade and/or a proven commodity ?

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Before this discussion proceeds, the main thing for all OU fans to consider is simply this:
If Stoops leaves OU, who will replace him ? Who would be available that would represent a clear and distinct upgrade and/or a proven commodity ?
Maybe it's time for a change at Oklahoma. I think David Boren will retire before he would ever fire Bob. If Bob leaves his brother goes with him, that is a plus.

I won't be crying. I think Bob has really done a lot for OU, but he is replaceable. If he goes, we need a change, and Bob knows it.

Reactions: JConXtsy
Hard to say. I'm sure most ADs like JoeC always have a few names in the back of their mind at all times in case they are hit with a sudden coach departure. Bob is going to leave someday. It's inevitable. I don't think is a prerequisite that OU MUST hire a proven commodity or bigtime proven head coach. JoeC made a slam dunk hire when he hired Bob when he was just a defensive coordinator at Florida. Bob was about as far from being a proven commodity as you could get. But when the day comes to replace Bob, it's going to be a gamble and dice roll to some extent on the next guy coming in. They may end up taking OU to another level, or they could fail miserably and make OU football hard to watch for a few years. You just never know.

Good thinking. Bob was a rare gem at the time, a so called "diamond" in the rough. But like all diamonds someone will find one bigger and better.

The burning question is how many more times will this thread be cloned?
Seriously, the same OP, the same responses almost verbatim from the same people.

Y'all are putting my feet to sleep, so to speak.
The OP linked an article that mentions that Stoops name is being thrown around for the LSU job. Not sure what your problem is about that. You don't have to click on this thread.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
YES BUT, not on a down year, like this one.
Well it's a down year up to this point. I mean Bob this team can get on a roll and win out and still have a nice year. But really no matter what happens, I think most will look back on the year and see it overall as a bit of a disappointment even if OU wins out the rest of the way.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Sorry, that is not what I meant. Please forgive me. I did not know you wear your emotions on your sleeve. :D

Any melodrama here is the pathetic notion that your collective diatribe against Stoops is going to indeed magically make him go away.
Just trying to herd you back into the reality of the situation.
Carry on if it makes your existence on earth better.
:)

Some of us have been around since Bud was coach. Hold up your hands if you couldn't live without Bob Stoops as the coach. I never felt that when Bud or Barry left. Maybe I've went through a lot more hard to take Sooner seasons than the town cryer on here. I think oh Billy's obsession with this subject is amusing. Who are you trying to convince? I'm backing Bob Stoops but I will back OU no matter who our coach is you. Why don't try that for a change.

Some of us have been around since Bud was coach. Hold up your hands if you couldn't live without Bob Stoops as the coach. I never felt that when Bud or Barry left. Maybe I've went through a lot more hard to take Sooner seasons than the town cryer on here. I think oh Billy's obsession with this subject is amusing. Who are you trying to convince? I'm backing Bob Stoops but I will back OU no matter who our coach is you. Why don't try that for a change.
The only obsession I've seen on this board lately is you obsessed with bringing my name up in your posts. You act as if I'm the one who started this thread.

I started this thread. Pick on me "I AM A MAN".

Well it's a down year up to this point. I mean Bob this team can get on a roll and win out and still have a nice year. But really no matter what happens, I think most will look back on the year and see it overall as a bit of a disappointment even if OU wins out the rest of the way.
I could not see a season of more than 9-10 wins given OU's losses in personnel from last year. Beyond Perine, Mixon, Mayfield, Andrews, Westbrook and Walker the talent overall is either not that good or not that ready.

Reactions: opk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT